Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Technically, the ACLU is only involved for the 1A and 4A violations, as that hypocritical association of communists won't defend the 2A at all.

But, Philly will end up paying for this one:

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/02/14/...ghts-suit-aginst-police-over-open-carry/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder if the ACLU lawyers will have barf bags at their table?

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Figures.......... I just commended them in the other thread dealing with this.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Mr Fiorino, with the assistance of the ACLU has filed a Federal Civil Rights Suit against the City of Philadelphia, The Philadelphia Police Dept and the individual Officers involved for their egregious and unwarranted violations of his 1st, and 4th Amendment Rights.

thats the part that I really like. The INDIVIDUAL cops involved are named in the law suit. Punishing those that did the deed is the only way we will ever stop assaults like this on our Freedom.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It should be an interesting law suit. Mr.Fiorino tryed, unsuccessfully, to get cops to harrass him several times before a dumbass took the bait. Of course, they typical settlement will probably occur and none of it will air.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I have always wondered, Do the police departments "insure" their officers against lawsuits? Do (can) officer purchase insurance for liability on the job? Or is that officers are rarely named because they don't have the resources to make them worth sueing?

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by noKnees
I have always wondered, Do the police departments "insure" their officers against lawsuits? Do (can) officer purchase insurance for liability on the job? Or is that officers are rarely named because they don't have the resources to make them worth sueing?

That's a really good question. Our agency is insured in the amount of $1,000,000, per officer, for any incident that may occur. It is the insurance provider that always settles with the plaintiff. Officers have no personal coverage, which is why individuals are seldom sued.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
It should be an interesting law suit. Mr.Fiorino tryed, unsuccessfully, to get cops to harrass him several times before a dumbass took the bait. Of course, they typical settlement will probably occur and none of it will air.

Stings work both ways it seems.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Absolutely. When reading the young man's posts last year on one of the OC forums, when this first happened, it was obvious that he was trying to get this exact thing to happen.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lawsuit lottery. ka'ching!!!!
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna

amusing point of view on this case. Mr. Fiorino had previously exercised his right to open carry, yes, but never with the intent to get himself harassed.

I suppose your being a cop yourself, taints your POV?

Sam......

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
If the LEO was pointing a loaded weapon at him and he pulled and fired his weapon and hit the LEO -- I'm sure that the man would have been arrested, If I were on the jury I would have voted --Self Defense. No one has the right to point a weapon at you in a case like that. Just my opinion. Web

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I agree.
Anyone, including LEO, better have a damn good reason for drawing down on someone. It's liable to get you killed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, look it up and read it yourself. It was posted here on the 'Fire last year when this was news.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

amusing point of view on this case. Mr. Fiorino had previously exercised his right to open carry, yes, but never with the intent to get himself harassed.

I suppose your being a cop yourself, taints your POV?

Not tainted at all. The cop's a dumbass and Fiorino's a gold digger. You ever heard of the "halo effect"?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
At least Fiorino is alive to sue.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
At least Fiorino is alive to sue.

Why wouldn't he be? He never did anything to make the cop think he was whatever the caller said he was.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
the officer had his gun drawn, pointed at Fiorino, presumably pumped up with adrenaline from the sound of his voice, and acting hostile.

Good recipe for bad outcome it seems.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No doubt, and I said the cop was a dumbass, but we still don't know what the caller who reported the guys as a problem told the police. Hopefully that will out in the suit too. The fight is a good one, but pretending this was just "average Joe" exercising his rights is downright silly.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I just rolled up and didn't see one of my previous posts. It must be in the retaliatory thread.

I said they have history.

Fiorina was trying to make a point or get rich, but he is right.

You're right the cop is a dumbass and that's part of why Fiorino is lucky to be alive to sue.

I'm pretty sure we're on the same sheet o'musac Pat.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 222Sako, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,082 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,890
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.