Print Thread
Hop To
M
MtMopar Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Has anyone had any experience with a trg-s breaking a stock? I recently had a brake installed on my Sako 340 wby, When I got it back and took it to the range, it seemed like it was not as accurate as it had been (usually around 1.5� at 100yds bench, this session around 3-4� groups) I shot about 30 rounds and then took it home. That night when cleaning it I saw that about a �� chunk of the stock had broken out right behind the receiver.
I have since got on the internet and read that some trg-s had problems with a small recoil lug and they had to be torqued correctly or problems could flair up. Does this sound like the gun smith did not put my stock on correctly thus causing a failure? Is there a fix for the recoil lug? Also are there any good aftermarket stocks for this gun? Thanks in advance for any help, I really like this gun and would like to get it fixed if possible.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I Believe that someone at Serengeti may have a replacement stock for the TRG-S. Someone had been experimenting with a new floorplate for them. You might do a search here and on Accurate Reloading for "TRG-S" and "TRG-S Floorplate", and you might find the thread I'm trying to remember. Good luck........DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
M
MtMopar Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Thanks, I found out that McMillian, & Serengeti both have bottom metal and I can get stocks from either. Now I just need to decide on which one. Anyone have the McMillian Sako Hunter Stock?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I used the Serengeti bottom metal and Mcmillan Sako hunter stock to do this conversion. This was before Mcmillam was inletting and making the bottom metal So I had to inlet the stock myself.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
As you can see I had a recoil lug put between the action and barrel.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Overall I am happy with the way it all turner out. It would be much easier now that drop in parts are available.

Growler

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

699 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 160user, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 3,233 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,104
Posts18,483,243
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.