-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have been wanting an AR for years but just never could get off the bolt gun kick long enough to purchase one. Well after much debating and researching I have decided to take the plunge. I talked to this guy on the forum from Oklahoma an he said if he was going to buy an AR and it would be his first then he would buy a Colt 6720 or 6920. so after much debate and a few sleepless nights I decided to go for broke and purchased oops here comes the boss I will have to finish this post later..

whistle grin wink cool crazy shocked blush tired sleep

Wipe your mouth, there's still a tiny bit of bullshit around your lips.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
laugh looking forward to the ..rest of the story! laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hopefully it ends with you buying a Colt and not going cheap. grin

Last edited by CBMJR; 02/16/12.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Oh yea it is going to end real well. Bought a 6720 from G&R after talking with TWR and thought that I was on the straight and narrow but G&R would not ship it until after the 13th of Feb so I had several days to ponder the purchase. Got to looking at the 6920 and was concerned that I might not like the 6720 so I got to looking for a 6920 at a fair price since G&R was out of stock. I finally found a 6920MP today and thought about buying it since G&R had not sent me a shipping notice and I got to thinking that G&R might send me a notice that they had ran out of 6720's. So I contact the folks about the 6920MP and they said they would ship it out today so now I am feeling a lot better knowing that a least I will have the 6920 early next week. then a few hours later I get an email from G&R stating that they had shipped my 6720 and it would arrive early next week...Damn 2012 is going to be a good year.

Differently going to need more brass, primers, bullets,powder, and mags..

Now I have to spend the whole weekend waiting for the FFL to call...anticipation...this hurry up and wait is gonna kill me.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I didn't think anyone ever listened to me...

If you don't like the 6720, let me know.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Oh I am sure I will like it..just needed a reason to buy the 6920 also..I need to get up and meet you one day. Maybe we can get together in the next few weeks. Now I need to start looking at some optics. Got any opinions on what optics would work best on these models??????

Last edited by Oklahoma; 02/16/12.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I love spending someone else's money...

First off, a LaRue LT104 scope mount in 30MM w/ 1" inserts rides at just the right height to place the crosshairs just over the top of the front sight. This is important if you like a 1-4 type scope, anything above 3x, the front sight will be almost invisible but I still use nothing but 30MM mounts with the 1" inserts if needed. (Another lesson learned the hard way.)

I like Leupold's 1.5-5, 1.75-6 and the 2.5-8's on these light weight guns. Hard to put a 2# scope on a 6# carbean.

I also like Aimpoints Micro red dots, I use the H1 cause I'm too cheap for night vision, the T1 is for NV and costs a bit more but neither are cheap. Again I use LaRue mounts, cause they work. I've also had a ML3 Aimpoint and liked it as well. I've run a half dozen eo-techs and will just say I much prefer Aimpoints but that's just me. A test run with each is the best option.

I don't really care for the Matech rear sight on those and suggest Troy folders if you go scopes and LaRue's fixed rear if you go red dots but use the irons.

Just some ideas, you've purchased 2 of the finest quality general purpose carbeans out there, team them up with good optics from the start and life will be great.

Last edited by TWR; 02/17/12.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Oklahoma
oops here comes the boss I will have to finish this post later..

LMFAO. . . . .I almost choked on my bear lol! grin

Let us know how you like your new AR when you do get a chance to shoot it. I had my FFL order me a Stag A2 complete lower half then order me a Stag 1H complete upper half with the Plus Package. I can't wait to shoot it this weekend. It's been four years since I sold my last AR15.

Good luck, NYH! wink

Last edited by NYH1; 02/17/12.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

T
T
Originally Posted by NYH1

Let us know how you like your new AR when you do get a chance to shoot it. I had my FFL order me a Stag A2 complete lower half then order me a Stag 1H complete upper half with the Plus Package. I can't wait to shoot it this weekend. It's been four years since I sold my last AR15.

Good luck, NYH! wink

Keep your personal life to yourself, I do not want to know what you are doing with your bear.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been trying to get the 6720, but they have been outta stock, both them and Buds Police supply..

IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by The_Wolverine
Originally Posted by NYH1

Good luck, NYH! wink

Keep your personal life to yourself, I do not want to know what you are doing with your bear.

My bad, I meant beer lol. It was late. . . . .and I was drinking! grin

NYH1!

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G&R had them in stock last week when I placed the order. I guess my luck has been good as of late. I got the last 6920 that Deans Guns had yesterday.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No luck for me, what happens when i have cash in hand.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am very happy with my 6720. Have a big scope on it, but I like the gun, and it suits me well. You could do a lot worse. I think I want a DD M4 V7 next, its 5 pounds 10 ounces, I think a duralyt would be good on that gun.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

242 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 257 mag, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 20 invisible), 1,826 guests, and 966 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,356
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.