-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Savage has dropped some models but replaced them with other similar ones they have quite an extensive lineup. The comment about small production runs is probably right on which is why a LH Savage 11 260 Rem is coming my way as an anniversary present thanks to my wife smile I've been waiting for years for a LH 260.

Gerry.
GB1

F
F
Montana Rifle Company makes LH rifles that are made in America. Their sales rep, Will, is knowledgeble and provides very good customer service. They have made only Custom Rifles in the past, but how offer a Production line of rifles that are affordable.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I like the looks of their rifles, but there's a lengthy wait....

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like the looks and options avalable with the ER Shaw rifles. YES yes I know its a savage action(sans the accu-trigger). Chamberings and other options are plentiful and the price is not that far out of line with other production rifles. WAIT time is the killer 16-18 month turnaround time. Not like I can do much right now anyway. I got one coming from Podunk soon, thats my quota for the next several months.

"Good tings come to dose who shoots straight." Alphonse Soady
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by freddiemerc
Montana Rifle Company makes LH rifles that are made in America. Their sales rep, Will, is knowledgeble and provides very good customer service. They have made only Custom Rifles in the past, but how offer a Production line of rifles that are affordable.

There are mixed reviews on customer experience with Montana Rifle Company with many threads on the subject in this forum.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If you like Savage and are a '6.5' slut, check out their Predators in LH. They come camo'd with 24" barrels in 6.5-284, 260 Rem, and 6.5 Creedmoor.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
And if Kimber doesn't come out with a lefty next year, which I highly doubt they will, then I'll be looking at a NULA.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Take a look at that other thread. The first orders should be available in 90 days. Last I heard, over 58 were ordered and at least 8 were 9.3x62.

If they turn out well, there is little doubt that word of mouth here and on AR will lead to many more orders. Where else can you get a reasonable LH Mauser in forged steel these days? These are not new for 2012 -- but they are certainly newly available.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
These actions could be the basis for a retro custom project, if anybody is tired of the Rem clone/Mickey/stainless genre.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a beautiful rifle!

That's kind of what I'm thinking of for my 7X57 that's coming. Not that I can use open sights all that well anymore (but with glasses and an almost 24" barrel a peep sight is still real doable), but something along the lines of a classic pre-war Mauser sporter. Nothing super duper fancy with $2000 worth of wood on it, just a clean, slender silhouette - think Osa Johnson's rifle or maybe even more of an English style.

There is a very nice blank of quarter sawn walnut that's been sitting in a corner for ten years now waiting for the proper time and project. Jack Belk picked it out for me at a Boise gunshow for its straight grain and proper layout.

The next 90 days or so are going to pass very s-l-o-w-l-y...

wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
Thanks,

It is my third major stocking project. It still needs a couple of top coats to the finish, but I thought that could be post-checkering.

Some of those old historic styles have more drop than I think I want to go with. I would rather have the open sights be a compromise but the scope height be right, than vice versa.

But I have a 7x57 coming as well. In some ways, I hope the factory stocks are dreadful so that it justifies a new one.

At any rate, I am more excited about the Zastava shipment than anything that has come out of an American factory since Kimber of Oregon stopped making the LH .22lr.

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
delgue. are you sure the Savage Predators are available in Left Handed? I was quite certain they were not

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Wow! I looked up that Savage Predator. For some reason it's nearly t he most expensive rifle they make. MSRP was $915. and it's not fully dipped. The other Predator that is dipped in a different camo was $35 cheaper. Am I missing something here? I would like to have a Knock Around LH .260 but I can rebarrel for good bit cheaper than the gun wholesales for I would think?

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a couple of LH CHuck Daly Zastava actions and wouldn't mind getting a couple more or complete rifles.

I was hoping that CZ would be offering the 550 American in LH by now too.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (270cowboy, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 257 mag, 66 invisible), 3,224 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,732
Posts18,535,140
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.