Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Mac84 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
How do you feel about Gov. Snyder and do you think he's the man to turn this state around?

IMHO, I think he's making tough decisions regardless of the political fallout. I like what he's doing even though he's cost me more money out of my paycheck.

Last edited by Mac84; 02/16/12.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
UAW and MEA hate him - he can't be all bad.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mac84
I like what he's doing even though he's cost me more money out of my paycheck.

I think you already know the answer.

The only ways to pay down debt are to debase the currency (which is beyond Snyder's power) or to live below one's means and devote the excess to paying down debt.

The entitlement crowd has been sucking the life-blood out of the entire Northeast and Great Lakes corridor of states. Enough mosquitoes can kill an elephant!

These are the people who are screaming because they believe, down to their last fiber, that they have a right to every dollar you earn; today, tomorrow, next year, next decade. And they want the benefits NOW.

Money is math. Math may have a sense of humor (imaginary numbers?) but it does not lie. We have a choice. We either get off the freeway on this last exit or we try to cross the river over an imaginary bridge.

I am a conservative with a lowercase "c".
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I voted for him and like what he's done so far. Especially how he's cause for the rabid hysteria of a large bunch of liberal pukes.

I especially like how he's said he's not concerned about a second term.
That's how a public servant should think and work.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
How has he cost you more money out of your paycheck?

The tax rate hasn't gone up and it is scheduled to gradually go down now, back to under 4%.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
He is doing the job he was elected to do by the people of Michigan. He is approaching it like a business man that HAS to succeed and not a career politician that's worried about reelection.

I'd vote for him again! I'm sick and tired of the freeloading bastids in this state....... mad

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by frogman43
He is doing the job he was elected to do by the people of Michigan. He is approaching it like a business man that HAS to succeed and not a career politician that's worried about reelection.

I'd vote for him again! I'm sick and tired of the freeloading bastids in this state....... mad

I agree with you completely on this, Keith. Especially the freeloading sunsabitches sucking on the teat.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like him a lot. He is going after the unions, which has pretty much aided in turning Detroit into a wasteland ghetto. It is hard to believe driving through the city today that Detroit was once the highest producer of manufacturing output in the world......and only about 60+ years ago, not a million. Now, it is burned out shell of a city that is hard to believe unless you see with your own eyes. That will never come back but the enablers (one of them) that allowed to happen, is the unions.

Fact: Michigan is the only state in the US to lose population from 2000-2010.

Sad to for my parents and grandparents to see it die like that. Me, I have given up on the place.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Mac84 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ben300WSM

The tax rate hasn't gone up and it is scheduled to gradually go down now, back to under 4%.

The 80/20 insurance mandate.

I Burn While I See
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by frogman43

I'm sick and tired of the freeloading bastids in this state....... mad

I actually voted against him for the Libertarian candidate but will vote for him next time around. I respect the way he does what is best for the WHOLE state rather than playing ideological games that don't benefit anyone.

Of course the fact that Republicans have both houses of the legislature makes it easier for him to get things through, but what he has chosen to chase down and accomplish have been beneficial for everyone and not just republican constituencies.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Ben300WSM

The 80/20 insurance mandate.

For State employees?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I voted against him in the primary, and voted Libertarian in the general. He has surprised me, and is doing a great job. He is an office holder that all politicians should look to as a model.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
I respect what he's done with the budget, and in turning MI around financially. There's a long way to go, however. On a different note, I've met him and shaken his hand, and he's the first governor of the last four I've met where I didn't feel unclean afterwards. I can see where many wouldn't like him, because he's made the hard decisions and turned off or reduced the free money, and that alone has earned him my respect.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
He took a bite out of my wife's pension, but I still like him and would vote for him again.

"The older I get, the better I was"
Mac84 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It falls on all public employees except for MSP. I work for a city so it falls into my lap. I totally understand where Snyder is coming from and have done my best to explain it to others. So far, I've only heard a few people really pitching a bish in my dept. Teachers are a different story.

I Burn While I See
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'll reserve my opinion till the end of his first term. Jobs better appear or we'll gong show his aze. Voting for him cost me a cushy union appointed job...

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
I especially like how he's said he's not concerned about a second term.
That's how a public servant should think and work.

Roger that.

I may disagree with some of his moves but overall, I think his heart is in the right place and he's doing a good job.

We only moved into Michigan 12 years ago, but was there ever a worse Michigan governor than Jenny G??
That would be really hard to imagine.

NB

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How do you feel about Gov. Snyder and do you think he's the man to turn this state around?

No, he is not the man. In fact, no politician is or has been or can ever be the man to "turn this state around." A good economy results from successful businesses, and government cannot make businesses succeed. Business will succeed when people, including so-called "business management", decides to work for an honest living. Crooked, lazy business managers and owners are leaches just like the so-called "entitlement crowd", and it would not surprise me to discover they are the worst of the lot. No money is made without accomplishing work. We are dying from the diseases of apathy and sloth.

The next important concept we need to embrace, and certainly the most important, is to fear and honor the one true Almighty God. God blesses those who honor him. Without that we are doomed to failure.

Government's job is to manage the affairs of the state.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Just can't understand some of the comments here.
In fact, he has increased our taxes - witness the 4.5% tax on our retirement incomes - the increase on our vehicle registrations, etc., and his proposed (additional) tax on gas that will leave MI with the most expensive gas in the USA!
Government spending continues to grow.
The point is - they have to stop the spending, cut the ridiculous entitlements, and save this state.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Remember the old saying that says "When you point your finger at someone else, there are three pointed back at yourself?" If every Michigander would quit trying to find someone to blame and just do their part and do it well, we would be immensely successful. If every worker performed an honest day's work every day. If people used their head to improve productivity within their sphere of influence. If every manager sought to enable and empower their subordinates. If every business owner truly regarded people as their greatest asset and cared for them and paid them fair wages, and were themselves content with a decent wage instead of greedily sucking-up all the money for themselves and leaving their people wondering how they are going to pay the bills, and would pay creditors in a timely fashion, and would honor God with the tithe.

We cannot change everybody else, but we can change ourselves.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10Glocks, 160user, 2500HD, 10ring1, 21, 007FJ, 69 invisible), 2,605 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,093
Posts18,482,995
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.