Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Read it while in the 'stan, great book, I dont think I put it down!

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Cane

Drop me a pm. We can work out the details. I have to order a few copies just for that purpose.

Best

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Landman

Considering the publisher does little or no advertising, all my advertising has been through social media. The reviewers, with the exception of one cousin and one coworker have all been strangers, so it's gratifying to have such a great response. I've gotten messages from people on three different continents who have read it and loved it.

For anyone who has written a book length manuscript, it takes an amazing amount of dedication to the project. I don't know how many more I have the mental determination to complete.

But it's fun knowing this one finally saw the light of day.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by wahunterinrok
Read it while in the 'stan, great book, I dont think I put it down!

Not even for the mortar fire?

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for your service. I'm retired AF...but don't hold that against me.

Dan

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Recently, finished 'iSniper' by Stephen Hunter. He seems to get the gun details right, which makes a good read for me, as I get distracted by something obviously wrong. If one of these becomes a movie, some of that accuracy might get changed.

Just picked up 'Battle of the Crater' by Newt Gingrich (yes, that Newt).

Now, I have to get 'The Long Shooters' on my Kindle, if possible.

Thanks for letting us know about it.

Edit: just bought from Amazon.

Do authors get to decide to have Kindle editions, or is that up to the publisher?

Last edited by Marlin1895; 02/21/12.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As you know I bought the real paper version and thoroughly enjoyed it. Will the new one be in a printed version? If so I want a copy, money standing by!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dan, I'm delighted yours is kicking butt.

Mine are still kicking, but... LOL!

There must be something about those Effectiveness Reports that lead AF guys to writing fiction, huh?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Marlin1895
Recently, finished 'iSniper' by Stephen Hunter. He seems to get the gun details right, which makes a good read for me, as I get distracted by something obviously wrong. If one of these becomes a movie, some of that accuracy might get changed.

Just picked up 'Battle of the Crater' by Newt Gingrich (yes, that Newt).

Now, I have to get 'The Long Shooters' on my Kindle, if possible.

Thanks for letting us know about it.

Edit: just bought from Amazon.

Do authors get to decide to have Kindle editions, or is that up to the publisher?
Can't remember if it was iSniper or one of the other in the Bob Lee Swagger series, but Mule Deer was acknowledged, along with quite a few other gun writers, in the beginning of the book.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have the book handy. I will check the credits.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Marlin, it started out as a Kindle book before becoming available in print.
Thanks for picking it up. I do hope everyone enjoys the read.
Don't look for explicit sex.
It's PG-13 violence and language.

Dan

Last edited by Dan_Chamberlain; 02/21/12.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The descriptions of the landscape are good but not overdone. The descriptions of the guns in the western are spot on and this writer is obviously a gun familiar person, and historically accurate. The main character is very likable and you want him to win. I will read anything made available by this new author when it comes out. I think he has a bright future writing fiction.

Sounds good to me, I'll be adding this to my Kindle.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Dan, I'm delighted yours is kicking butt.

Mine are still kicking, but... LOL!

There must be something about those Effectiveness Reports that lead AF guys to writing fiction, huh?

Rocky...whatever do you mean. Fiction? If you only knew how many times as a special agent of AFOSI, I saved the entire free world from total destruction you'd hail me pappa dictator for life!

Dan

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
If you don't like it, I'll send you your 99 cents back.

Thanks

Dan

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
grin

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
If you don't like it, I'll send you your 99 cents back.

Thanks

Dan

But he will like it! grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dan, I read the E book version as soon as you announced it. I have read it twice now, and remain very impressed with both your technical knowledge, as well as your writing ability.
I put up a review myself. laugh

How about another novel soon?

Last edited by Mannlicher; 02/22/12.

Sam......

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm working on getting the next one out. It's finished, but I'm shopping around to find the best Ebook deal. It will not be a mystery, but a traditional historical fiction. Yes...there will be some license taking with certain aspects of the Comanche people, but for the most part it will be pretty authentic. It won't be politically correct.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
be sure to let us know when it is ready. I want a copy.

Did you read my review? "Knocky" is the user name for me on Amazon.

Sam......

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Dan, I have a Kindle app on my laptop. I just found this thread and ordered it. It's been a while since I read a good western.

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Mannlicher, I'll have to look that review up. Thanks so much for taking the time. It really helps keep it near the top. Currently at #4.

Alaskan Matt, so glad you picked it up. Hope you like it as well. It's not a short read so enjoy.

Dan

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

176 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 7mmStwer, 7887mm08, 35, 17 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,780
Posts18,536,045
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.