Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
To begin with, I am again overwhelmed with the number of people here who have offered support in prayer as well as thought via threads and many PM's. I have had to clean out my PM box several times lately, THANK YOU ALL!

Well, My wife and I just returned from a visit with the Nephrologist that lasted two full hours. We learned a lot and there is good news as well as some that is less than what we had initially had hoped to hear.

I do have Polycystic Kidney disease, and one of my kidneys is already more than double its normal size. The number of cysts is, as she said "Innumerable" But, GOD knows EXACLTY how many I have and where they are and the size and age of each and every one so "innumerable" is not excactly right!

Modern Medical science has not a treatment or cure for this. I am so very glad that this is not the last word for me or others who are called by God to do his work and choose to floow him. The official line is that my Kidneys will just get worse until I eventually need dialysis or a transplant. IF God should decide in his infitnite wisdom that this is my path then I shall walk it looking up all the while and serving him with whatever strength he chooses to bless me with each day. Even in a worst case scenario, a kidney transplant is not only surviveable but some have lived for several decades with a transplanted kidney.

I was told the suregery's are less difficult and more succesful all the time and the anti rejection medicines are now given in much lower doses and have far fewer side effects than the drugs of even just a few years ago. And while utilizing my original equipemnt or a replacement unit, again, my life is not my own but belongs to the creator who loves me and whom I serve and love.

More good news today is that my kidney function of 43% is much higher than it should be for how bad my kidneys look and what they have been through with all of the contrast die I have had injected during my two heart surgeries and all of the high powered anti biotics I was pumped up with during my nearly deadly battle with MRSA-staff a few weeks ago. The words directly from the horses mouth today were, exactly: "I am totally SHOCKED and amazed that your kidneys are this good after seeing your ultrasound and seeing what you and your kidneys have been through these past 60 days".

SEE?! The doc's just do NOT know as much as they think they do! My kidney function and that of every part of my body including my heart, my new stents, the tumor on my pituitary gland in my brain, my blood pressure, my bulged disks in my low back and neck, are not in their hands nor in mine. Of this I am sure, and immeasurably thankful.

More good news is that I do not have to change my diet! My wife had me on a totally gross low protein, low Phosphorous, low Potassium, no beer diet this weekend because of stuff that we read on the internet. We celebrated right after the appointment by going and getting me a nice fat, 1/3lb, rare as in bleeding on the plate, juicy Blue Cheese and pepper burger WITH fries and an ice cold Heffewizen beer! Mmmmm Mmmm GOOD!

Also good news is that I do not have to quit my pain killers that I need for my bulged disks and the pain from my oversised and, as far as the doc knows, still growing kidneys. I was trying to lay off of them over the weekend and this was kinda miserable. Some of my 2AM and 3AM posts this weekend were from sleeplessness caused in part by my trying to endure pain and not put so much junk into my body for the kidneys to have to deal with. Doc said that it is better by far to take the meds and thereby keep my blood pressure down for my overall health as well as that of my kidneys in particalar. I celbrated THIS news by taking a low dose hydrocodone immediatly after getting home from my outing to get my hamburger.

I have a brand new neck traction device to use as well as an elctronic muscle pulse machine that I can take with me anywhere which help with pain as well. All of this including the pills will be less necesary when I can risk going off of my blood thinners and get my regular Epidural injections again in about a year. Those were the best solution until I can endure and survive surgery on my neck and low back.

Sorry for the longish post, but to the many here who care and have expressed support and offers of help and prayers or even just kind words of encouragement, again I say thanks.

Not much else to say but perhaps the words of Job whose pain and loss far exceeded anything I have been dealt or likely ever will: "though he slay me, yet will I serve him"

Praise the LORD! For he is good, and faithful and will keep me in the palm of his hand and apple of his eye until the day he has pre appointed for my return to my real home with him, secured on my behalf by HIS sacrifice of HIS only Son... my real and eternal and paid for home where all pain shall cease, diseases including those of the Kidneys is banished forever and God himslelf will personally wipe every tear from my eye.

Sincere thanks and blessings,

MARK

Last edited by safariman; 02/20/12.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Mark;
Thanks so much for the update though I suspect it may well be with mixed feelings that you do so.

Please know that your upbeat attitude is an inspiration to me sir and indeed a blessing as well.

Also please know that you and your family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Still praying my friend. Thanks for the update.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the update,
Our best to you..
Sincerely wish you the best

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stay strong, your outlook on this quite admirable.

God bless!

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Keep your chin up, and your eyes on Him.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Man best wishes and prayers. My father had polycystic kidney disease and spent the last 15 years of his life on dialysis. He was not a transplant candidate, but had a very good life even on dialysis. He held at 45% kidney function for nearly fifteen years. He was only 35 when he was diagnosed and went on dialysis at about 50.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Mark, doooood...you know I am in your corner....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Mark,

Thank you for your update. It is very good to open each and every post you make and feel your faith pouring out.

Prayers continue for your continued healing and for your lovely bride and her strength.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Mark , thank you for the update. I also look forward to hearing from you as you continue to do His work. As more inspiration for you, my mother in law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer over 5 years ago and given less than 18 months to live. She is still with us and will be 82 on the 29th. She is still mostly with it and is just thankful to still be with us and enjoy her great grandson. She is my inspiration as to how to deal with a life ending situation. You are mine for dealing with a life changing one. I will continue to pray for you and her. God bless.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Praying for you here Mark. Your faith is inspirational and thanks for sharing with us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More prayers on the way!

Hang tough, my friend!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The good Lord continues to watch over you. I have had four tumors removed from my kidneys (one left, three right) that were caught early due to my six month cat scans. I am still going strong and I refuse to give up.
God bless.
Frank

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
safariman, thanks for the bigger picture - when we are praying for you it seems to help. Although writing some of that must be difficult, your faith and positive spirit are inspirational.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Beer...the good news is beer.

I sure look forward to sharing cigars and a beer around Scott's fire this summer.
Even look forward to losing to you and your elite... grin

You and yours continue to be in prayers and your witness is an inspiration.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
First I have heard of this, but again I am pulling for you Mark.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prayers from here. Now just keep up the good fight as we want to see you and the wife at Scott's place this summer.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
quiet, steady, and earnest prayers for Strength, and Healing, Mark.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mark. Good to hear you are getting some answers. Bear

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Mark, I'm praying for you, and impressed by your obvious strong faith. At times faith and prayer is all we have, and many times it works way better than we hope or expect.

Mark

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1234, 52 invisible), 3,136 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,670
Posts18,534,157
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.