Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bea175
I bet they blame it on your handloads before it is all over

Maybe. I was honest with them and regardless of the outcome, I do not regret being honest. With that said, I will fight if neccessary.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
that goes without saying....and will probably point you to some fine print in the manual that says the warranty is blown if you shoot handloads. fortunately, you can't waive the implied warranty of fitness....but the fact that handloads were admittedly used in the pistol at some point will make the case more difficult for the plaintiff.

on the other hand, maybe FN will want to get it quietly settled, particularly if they know you will be keeping tens of thousands of their potential customers posted on the progress of your claim.

That is my hope.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Calhoun
From a quick glance around the internet, the first thing they'll say is for you to send the handgun to them - at which point they will destroy it.

Time to figure out if you want to sue is BEFORE you send it in. Looks like they'll just replace it for free, at best. Get an inspection done on it by a competent third party before shipping it to them is my suggestion.

I have not sent them the pistol and will not do so until I am protected on my end.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
he's going to be asked the question under oath, so it really doesn't matter. I don't think he's planning to commit perjury when he's asked.

Exactly!

ADP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dang!!!

I've always thought highly of FN firearms but it just goes to show you that it's possible with anything.

I hope FN will work with you on your injury but I think you'd best be prepared for a long fight.

The issue of your handloads will definitely come up and I'm sure you'll be accused of using powerful loads that caused metal or plastic fatigue which lead to the accident. (Just thinking out loud)

Hopefully they will be decent about everything and work with you. Keep us posted...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe_redux
Plus, now that you've posted about it, you remove some of the incentive for them to settle quickly as that thousands of people already know about it and that picture will be forever shown on hundreds of gun forums. One reason they might want to settle is to keep it completely quiet. Too late for that now.

I had four days to consider if and what I post .... and I am OK with what is now public knowledge on the matter.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Lawyer up. STFU. Get Rick to delete this thread (probably too late already).

Maybe. Nope. Why?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lawyer is always a good idea. First to explain all your options and to help you assess damages current and future which are compensable. Also to insure that anything you sign really means what you think it does. The other side has lawyers, you don't want to be taking a slingshot to a gun fight.

Also STFU, you may inadvertently say something that can be used against you in a court of law.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
Originally Posted by bea175
I bet they blame it on your handloads before it is all over

Maybe. I was honest with them and regardless of the outcome, I do not regret being honest. With that said, I will fight if neccessary.

As long as you stick to the truth you story will never change no matter what the outcome

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get a lawyer for sure and get the gun...chain of custody documented...to a forensics expert. Do it yesterday. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Lawyer is always a good idea. First to explain all your options and to help you assess damages current and future which are compensable. Also to insure that anything you sign really means what you think it does. The other side has lawyers, you don't want to be taking a slingshot to a gun fight.

Also STFU, you may inadvertently say something that can be used against you in a court of law.

I have been careful with my public words. An injury laywer may very well be in my future.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
How much time loss from work are you looking at?

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You would be surprised what a half-way competent attorney can make of seemingly safe comments on examination. Then there are those who make an art form of it.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Holy Crap!
I'd SAY... YOW..

I have a feeling that if it had happened to me I'd be selling everything over a .22rf until I got over the heebie-jeebies..

I pray your hand will fully heal.. Best wishes..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Has anyone been able to create an out of battery firing using just a primed case with one of these 5-7s?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

thats actually one of the bigger ones beyond damages.......with something like this you wanna make sure you fully understand anything you sign your name to....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE

I have been careful with my public words. An injury laywer may very well be in my future.

Call an injury lawyer, NOW

Sorry about the hand
It does look like an OOBattery , but it will take forensic testing to prove it.

Hope you heal quickly.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The nature of the ammo is mostly irrelevant to the debate, but firing out of battery is quite relevant. It is a design issue.

That gun needs to remain in your possession or that of your agents, period.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BarryC
Has anyone been able to create an out of battery firing using just a primed case with one of these 5-7s?

Yes.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
The nature of the ammo is mostly irrelevant to the debate, but firing out of battery is quite relevant. It is a design issue.

That gun needs to remain in your possession or that of your agents, period.

At this time, I am not sending the pistol to Browning. They do have several pictures of the pistol.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1minute, 204guy, 160user, 12344mag, 1234, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 1,902 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,901
Posts18,498,118
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.