Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Recycle! grin

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F
It is a Scottish thing. grin

Boy, that explains a lot!

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Scott, you showed a great amount of restraint for being in the position you were put into. You might want to call the county animal control about the incident. That way, if you do have to shoot for blood, you will have a track record of your neighbors dogs trespassing and their threatening behavior toward your family and livestock. It would really worry me if my grandkids were outside running around with those dogs on the loose. mad

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scott I hope you reported to the Sheriff as the county takes a real dim view of dogs attacking people and livestock. Just ask a couple of dog owners out on the Coyle Peninsula. By reporting the incident to the Sheriff puts the dog owner on notice if it happens again and it covers your donkey.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great outcome Scott, and man what a fast recovery. Did you find any unburnt powder? smile smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
They are some powerful beasts. I'd keep a rifle a bit more handy, as the other two may be a ways off after the first one drops & you can get back on target.

That type of dog, loose, is absolute lunacy. Hope the neighbor realizes that the free pass has been used.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The deputy I talked to this morning when I went to the sheriff's office was the head of animal control. He gave me his full blessing to shoot if they came back. He was careful to word it that if I felt threatened in any way for people, pets or farm animals. He knows the owner of the dogs and keeps a close eye on the place. He was invited to drop in anytime he passes. If he does I will go into pusher mode and sent eggs home with him. Once hooked he will be a farm customer for life. wink

I know there are the jack booted thug types out there like the Canton, OH officer who made the news a while back. I am extremely thankful that there do not seem to be any around here. The man I talked to today could not have been better for my cause. He even laughed when I told him about firing three rounds into the dirt and seeing nothing but dog butts headed out the gate.

I like living here. With luck this is where I will be until I go Home. smile

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by T LEE
Great outcome Scott, and man what a fast recovery. Did you find any unburnt powder? smile smile smile

Vacuumed for an hour but could not find one flake. mad

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn the luck! smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

IC B3

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That stuff should not be waisted!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I agree, waste not, want not!

Old cat turd!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I carry as much for dog control as I do bad guy prevention. The only time I drew and fired my weapon inside city limits was on an attacking Pit/ Charpei mix. That dog in winnie's picture looks really similar ot the one I hollow pointed a few years ago.

So glad this turned out well for you, I just KNEW that I should have driven over there when you posted about the loose felon. If I had left then I would have been there just in time to make doggie stew!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We are taking nacho pile up and pineapple upside down cake to Bible study. You are not only going to miss that you also missed me climbing on the roof to clean the chimney. That alone would have been worth the drive. wink

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Doggie stew.....

Dig deep, bow-wow at the bottom.

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Doggie stew.....

Dig deep, bow-wow at the bottom.

I remember that story from my grandfather when I was around 5 or 6.

I just hope the problem gets fixed. We are now closing the gate, something we never do and is a huge pain in the butt. I think the owner got the idea he had better keep his high dollar dogs home. He did not like the idea we would even think about hurting one of his thousand dollar dogs over two ducks. Guess he thinks his dogs should just be able to do what they want.

I do know my neighbor at the next driveway down the road will not hesitate to kill any of his dogs that get near his place. There is no love loss there either.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Scott F
He did not like the idea we would even think about hurting one of his thousand dollar dogs over two ducks. Guess he thinks his dogs should just be able to do what they want.

It's the principle of the matter, 100%.

Guy sounds likes a major dumbass, either he's arrogant or just ignorant to the ways of the country.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, to make nice nice with that neihbor, should you someday have to perforate a puppy, you COULD invite him over for some of the stew..... smile

THAT would make it all better, I am sure.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
A long time ago I sold a Ruger Single Six to our department secretary.

Years later, I had occasion to call the company and I'll be darned if she didn't answer. So we had a fun few minutes catching up on old times.

Then she said, "Remember that gun you sold me? I used it to dispatch the neighbor's dog the other day. And as far as anyone knows, it still belongs to you." (giggle giggle)

Turns out the dog was on his third trip through her chicken coop, and that she had warned the owner after the two previous incidents. Third time, bang. The dog owner called the police and threatened to sue. The police told the ownersthat they didn't quite understand the situation. They owed my friend for chickens, and the loose dog was automatically their problem, not hers anymore.

For some reason, I've always enjoyed recalling that conversation.

Be not weary in well doing.
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
[quote=denton

For some reason, I've always enjoyed recalling that conversation. [/quote]

As did I. Thanks

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 50 invisible), 2,719 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,288
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.