Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AKHntr
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Shoot in the dirt if you so choose but I will never do that. Too many that second guess the threat in front of them end up in a bad way. First rule of thumb is to neutralize the threat and that does not mean shooting in the dirt. I deal with predators often and scaring them off is a temporary measure every time.

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AKHntr
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Some people with single digit IQs cannot seem to comprehend that it is useless to reply to someone who has them on ignore.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I am not responding to you. What part of INet forums decor do you not understand? I am responding to your simplistic post in which you chose to shoot into the dirt when a threat was before you and that in and of itself says volumes about one's IQ I would think. In my experienced opinion, all you did was stave off a bad situation that is sure to return to haunt you.

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I guess some people just cannot be taught.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Guess you are right. Especially those that willfully choose to close their minds to other's thoughts and those that think they know it all already. The OP does not own the thread. sorry for you but that is the way it is.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just remembered something that happened two weeks ago. I saw something move in the back of the orchard. I went over to my grandmother's house, out the window I caught a glimpse of my cat running and jumping on top of the hay stack.

Two dogs (bull dog and a mutt) came running from the orchard barking at Tanner (my cat). I ran to the house, put on my holster, went out to the stack and yelled. The dogs turned and started to bark at me. I pulled this

[Linked Image]

And shot one in the ground close to me. The two dogs stopped, then fake charged me. Two more in the ground in front of them and they took off back to the neighbor's.

A week later and the bulldog (cost her 1500) was stolen due to the fact she let it go wherever it pleased.

Same lady I had the peacock problem with. mad

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S.S.S my young freind.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
I just remembered something that happened two weeks ago. I saw something move in the back of the orchard. I went over to my grandmother's house, out the window I caught a glimpse of my cat running and jumping on top of the hay stack.

Two dogs (bull dog and a mutt) came running from the orchard barking at Tanner (my cat). I ran to the house, put on my holster, went out to the stack and yelled. The dogs turned and started to bark at me. I pulled this

[Linked Image]

And shot one in the ground close to me. The two dogs stopped, then fake charged me. Two more in the ground in front of them and they took off back to the neighbor's.

A week later and the bulldog (cost her 1500) was stolen due to the fact she let it go wherever it pleased.

Man I hear ya on the peacocks. They are tasty though.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

[Linked Image]

Man I hear ya on the peacocks. They are tasty though.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mmmmmmmmmmmm peacock breast.
Cut a pocket in it, stuff them with crushed pecans and cranberries, wrap them in bacon, wrap the whole thing in foil and bake them in the oven slowly. Just before you think they're cooked unwrap the foil and grill them for a few minutes to brown them up.

The original international turd
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thank you! I will try that when they breed up & get out of hand again. This was the second time I've knocked the flock back. Others, here at the end of my rural road, shoot them too. But they don't eat them.

Heck... I might even have a stray pack of breasts in the big freezer. However- these were some tough birds. We made pan-sausage and meatballs and so on with 'em. After we tried the first stir-fry or whatever I mean. smile

(I'm ok with chewy meat. Even the meatballs were tough from these birds. Time of year? I don't know. )

They die like a turkey but taste more like a pheasant.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1960 � Carol Anne and I honeymooned in a Forest Service fire lookout on Jay Point in the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness Area (Idaho).

Two years before, a "pet" bull moose killed the lookout couple's pup. The year before we were there, he kept the lookout girl in the outhouse all day. (They'd been hand-feeding him salt. We didn't give him any.)

He charged me twice in two days. A .44 Magnum between his ears made him flee in a scrambling all-legs-every-which-way panic. (I shot over his head, between his ears, from about ten yards or less in front of him � I still have a "freeze-frame" mental image of lodgepole needles drifting off a high limb behind him.)

The third morning, he charged Carol Anne as she was on her way to the outhouse. He ignored my warning bullet over his head as he ran by me. The next ones � IN the head � put him down, hard, without a twitch. I don't think that I ever emptied any handgun so fast, before or since! (Cast Keith-Ideal 429421 and 22 grains of 2400, in case anybody's hungry for the load data.)

The warden was furious � frustrated because he couldn't hang me. I'd sent him word after the first time when the bull charged me, and he was on his way up to the lookout with salt blocks on a pack horse, to "salt" the bull away from the lookout, when he heard my .44. Had said ne'er a mumblin' word to me � not even to acknowedge that I'd sent word down � so I had no idea that he was on his way up.

That didn't soften things a bit � just made him madder. Jerk!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boerboels are sure cute, aren't they?

Doesn't this 'n' look sweet 'n' cuddly?

[Linked Image]

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I have enjoyed a few bordello's in my day I also shot a few rounds

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by T LEE
Great outcome Scott, and man what a fast recovery. Did you find any unburnt powder? smile smile smile

Vacuumed for an hour but could not find one flake. mad

I think that if you look hard you might just find a few hanging around here at times. None of the present company, though. whistle

I gotta back off on that last part as it looks like a couple of the "flakiest" just showed up....

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

[Linked Image]

Well, the one on the right, not so much, but the other one, maybe.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

They die like a turkey but taste more like a pheasant.

They are pretty tasty. wink

I do not know how to compare mine to a turkey since I had to help him down with from a oak tree with my 1300.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

[Linked Image]

Holy crap on a stick!

I hope that girl is a midget!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

If any of the three had faked charged me or even stood their ground they all three would have died right then.

I guessed they would run if I shot and I guessed right this time. If I had to do it over again I still would fired into the dirt. I still feel it was the right thing to do. Next time I fire into dog.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your dog problem is huge, the ones that chased my cat were a french bulldog and another small mutt. If need be, I could have stepped on them and they would have died. grin

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (06hunter59, 1_deuce, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 222Sako, 1minute, 70 invisible), 2,635 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,564
Posts18,473,207
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.