Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MacLorry
Using the "not a good fit" reason for what amounts to firing someone is probably the least damaging reason that can be given other than a layoff due to the job going away. Likely there's something else going on and they just want the guy to go away, but without damaging his reputation.

If you trust the senior pastor and the elders, it may be best to just drop the issue. Many a rift has resulted from such issues when people can't move on, and with any rift there's a high risk of scattering the flock. Not something you want to be responsible for.

Yeah, I would take David and Saul to heart on this one.

Check out the bylaws to see that they didn't break a covenant with the Church. Then go from there....

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have been a part of things like this as well. I agree that there is probably more going on behind the scenes. You could aks the elders to speak with you privately about what was going on, but htey may not want to say.

That said, this situation and others that I have seen and even been a part at both ends of the spear is why I am no longer a member of a denominational, congregation led church body. Such is backwards as I read and study the men of God and works that were successful in the early church as well as the Old Testament.

One could also chalk it up to Sheep Bite (I have a few sheep bite scars myself), an unfortunate reality until Jesus returns amd makes it all just and correct and right.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Don't count out the possibility of the assoc. doing something that the elders aren't making known. We faced that in a previous church when the pastor was having an affair with a divorce in the church. He just resigned and everyone blamed it on the elders. They were trying to 'protect' his image and told no one of the infidelity. The coverup pretty well destroyed the church when the truth would have brought it strongly together.

I didn't know that you and I attended the same church in Anchorage! frown

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Power goes to people heads in all aspects of life and church leaders are no exception. One of the reasons that I do not attend church regularly is because instead of following Gods law, we end up following mans law.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Youper
It seems as though this body deems its called workers the same as janitors and secretarys. This is wrong.

Should "called workers" be treated better than janitors and secretaries?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
I have developed a relationship with the associate pastor and there is nothing behind the scenes. He is willing to change and fix any problems but the leadership says no.

There is no difference of opinions in direction either. Some of the board (3 men) and the senior pastor don't like how he works. The associate pastor is only 29. If in fact the leadership is correct then they need to act like leaders and teach this young men and instruct him. Instead they fired him and sent him to financial ruin.

Up to this point I have had the upmost respect in my lead pastor and the elders. I am part of the mens ministry and in the process of becoming an elder as well. I have a close relationship with both parties involved.

Now I have no faith in the leadership and I do not know what the future holds for me and this church.

I meet with the senior pastor and the three elders (this is the board) tomorrow night.

Thank you all for your replies. Like some have mentioned prayer is needed. God needs to direct my actions.

I just cannot sit idly knowing that a great injustice was committed by my church. If i have to hang myself to do the right thing then that's what I will do.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In a word, yes. If you don't like the way the floors are mopped, or the records filed is different that if you don't like the way you are ministered. Maybe something is wrong with what you think the way you should be ministered to is. Maybe not. If not, this should be made clear in the dismissal.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
I'm thinking a couple of things,..just IMO.

1) I know of a situation in which a pastor was caught red handed doing some hanky panky. The board basically gave him a choice of resigning or being fired. He resigned immediately and a cause was never "officially" given, but alot of people figured it out.

This is why I gave up on churches and organized religion.

Years ago the minister of the church I attended was caught with the church secretary, they'd driven up to my friends land and parked up. My friend had just moved up to his land to live, before that no one lived within a couple of miles of the place so it had become quite a popular spot with people wanting to play around and get away with it.
The minister and secretary were called before the board along with my friend who caught them, the secretary was fired without question BUT the minister said he had prayed for forgiveness and wasn't even given a reprimand.

Two days before he was caught out he had been in my home lecturing me because I was living with my girlfriend at the time.
When I mentioned the hypocrisy I was told it was an entirely different situation and because he had prayed for forgiveness he was allowed to continue in his position.

The next church I went to was good until I mentioned a few things from my past, involvement with drugs, a few hotheaded fights as a teen and being questioned by the police about a few things. I had been involved in their youth group but after that attitudes towards me changed so I stopped going. Funnily enough one of the youth leaders had similar past experiences but claimed she had been "visited by Jesus" and told to use her experiences to help kids (I'll never forget her words "Last time I got high Jesus sat on the power pole outside my window and told me to use my life as an example to help others")so she was given the task of guidance counselor for the youth group.

Since those two experiences I haven't found a church that I have felt comfortable with.

Churches and church elders can be very one eyed and hypocritical about things.

The original international turd
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After attending church for over 50 years, I hate church and no longer attend. As the Bible says, "You were bought at great price, do not make yourselves slaves of men."

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swampman1
After attending church for over 50 years, I hate church and no longer attend. As the Bible says, "You were bought at great price, do not make yourselves slaves of men."

That's between you and God, but I would remind you that it also says "do not forsake the assembly of the saints." As well as "one member of the body cannot say 'I have no need of you'"

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are no saints left in the church. I didn't say I didn't need them. They said they didn't need us when they treated us like crap. God isn't there, and I see no need to be there. Me and God are doing just fine. I watch him knocking on the door but they never let him in. There is no Biblical reason to attend church.

http://www.spiritualabuse.org/introduction.html

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is no Biblical reason to attend church.

This is not correct. I refer you to HUJ's post.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds to me he may have been too close to stumbling onto something the elders were doing. It may have involved money or something else. The congregation needs to demand the whole truth no matter whats going on or you need to totally clean house. If that can't happen its time to change churches.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 02/24/12.

NRA Lifetime Member
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Youper,

Unfortunately, Swampy has made up his mind.

This is not the first thread that he has turned in this direction.
You can argue logic and show verse after verse, it doesn't matter.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not much can be done about a hard heart. I'm just going to kick the dust off of these sandals, so to say.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Having read those scriptures many times I see nothing that indictes we need to attend a church. I discourage it as often as I can.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My wife and children were Baptised last Sunday so I HAVE found a church that I've seen God in but I know how you feel Swamp. I know this has been posted before but your post reminds me of the old cowboy...

One Sunday an old cowboy entered a church just before services were to begin.

Although the old man and his clothes were clean, he wore jeans, a denim shirt and boots that were very worn. He carried a worn out old hat and an equally worn out Bible.

The church was in a very upscale part of the city, the largest and most beautiful church the old cowboy had ever seen. The people of the congregation were likewise upscale, dressed with the most expensive of clothes.

As the cowboy took a seat, the others moved away from him. No one greeted, spoke to, or welcomed him. They were appalled at his appearance and didn't attempt to hide it. The preacher gave a long sermon and a lecture on how much money the church needed to do God's work.

As the old cowboy was leaving the church, the preacher approached him and asked the cowboy to do him a favor. "Before you come back, have a talk with God and ask him what He thinks would be appropriate attire for worship." The old cowboy assured the preacher he would.

The next Sunday, he returned to the same church wearing the same ragged jeans. Again, the congregation shunned and ignored him. Again, the preacher approached him and said, "I thought I asked you to speak to God".... "

"I did," replied the old cowboy.

"What exactly did God say was the proper attire for worshiping here?" asked the preacher.

"Well, sir, God told me that He didn't have a clue what I should wear. He says He's never been in this church."

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There are no saints left in the church. I didn't say I didn't need them. They said they didn't need us when they treated us like crap. God isn't there, and I see no need to be there. Me and God are doing just fine. I watch him knocking on the door but they never let him in. There is no Biblical reason to attend church.

http://www.spiritualabuse.org/introduction.html

I can understand your feelings. I stayed out of church for about six years. I felt exactly the same way. But there are lighthouses on the stormy seas. We now attend a little church full of people who love the Lord, love each other, and love their community. We looked long and hard but we found one. I have been an elder for many years. I will not spoil this little church by taking any form of office. I will just support them however I can.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

Not much can be done about a hard heart. I'm just going to kick the dust off of these sandals, so to say.

Please do...I'm fed up with hypocrites and legalist anyway. Read the Bible...it is that narrow way.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
But there's no reason to. Just join a club or lodge.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,700
Posts18,494,243
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.