Print Thread
Hop To
J
JSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
My factory 9mm Hi-Power barrel is over-sized considerably and miserable to shoot with cast bullets. I have heard great things about the Bar-Sto but they have been out of stock for the two years I have been watching for them. EFK makes a replacement barrel that may fit my needs and is the 1-16 twist that should be cast friendly. Anyone tried one?

http://www.efkfiredragon.com/browning-hi-power-9mm1.html

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
From their web site, it appears that Bar-Sto does not maintain an on the shelf inventory of barrels ready to ship. They state that barrels are manufactured as ordered and ship in approximately 6 to 8 weeks. I'm pretty sure that's the way it worked when I ordered the ones that I have from them. After waiting two years, looking for them to be in stock, I would just place the order and wait the 6 to 8 weeks for it to ship.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
A couple of years back I put one in a Springfield XD and it shot pretty well. It did not live up to the drop in claim as it required about two hours of stoning and fitting here and there. Seemed to be a good quality barrel but that project showed me that I don't care much for XD's and it got sold off a few months later. Accordingly, I can't speak for their longevity.

Si vis pacem para bellum
J
JSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Hound_va
From their web site, it appears that Bar-Sto does not maintain an on the shelf inventory of barrels ready to ship. They state that barrels are manufactured as ordered and ship in approximately 6 to 8 weeks. I'm pretty sure that's the way it worked when I ordered the ones that I have from them. After waiting two years, looking for them to be in stock, I would just place the order and wait the 6 to 8 weeks for it to ship.

I knew they didn't maintain an inventory and 6 to 8 weeks would be a reasonable wait. However their home page states to "*** Please allow a MINIMUM of 10-12 weeks unless otherwise posted on product page. " Unfortunately, the Browning product page states that "BHP BARRELS WILL ONLY BE MADE ONCE A YEAR TIME FRAMES MAY VARY!"
My wait time was based on watching Midway and their projected "in stock" date as I was hoping to use some Midway gift certificates I had received. I received a notification last fall from Midway and jumped on to order one only to find them out of stock again.
I could call them to see if they'll tell me when they plan to manufacture again but thought the EFK might be a viable alternative too. Thanks.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (160user, 007FJ, 12344mag, 16penny, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 2,353 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,141
Posts18,484,085
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.