Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
And the tests that prove that it's just marketing hype and not true I can find where ?
You haven't got any do you ? Leupold's Diamond Coat Coatings have been around for years. The military has found that they far exceed their standards. But guys like you refuse to accept that they are what they claim.
At least their generous eye boxes and long eye relief are an easily proven fact. Or are yoy claiming them to be hype as well ? E

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Provide a link to that please.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDFinn
A Leupold VX3 in 2.5-10x40-42 that was as strong, reliable and repeatable as the 4200 Bushnell would be nice.

Originally Posted by Eremicus
Why ? They already make one with far tougher coatings and far more eye box than the never very popular Elite 4200's. E

Laughing....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think the only Easily proven fact around here is that Eremicus is a serious Leupold whore! :-) ......................dj

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Barsness summed it up accurately..

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
If Eremicus would shoot a wider variety of scopes a lot, he might actually have something to report on....

IC B2

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E pimping Leupy's eyebox? Check. Diamond Coat? Check. RDFinn bashing Leupold? Check.

Good to see things never change in the optics forum! smile

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I would make a 4.5-14X50mm on a 30mm main tube and have the following features.

1. Over 100 MOA of internal adjustment with the erector cell optically centered 30 MOA from bottom.

2. 20 MOA of adjustment per rotation.

3. Low profile windage adjustment for easy of transportation in field.

4. Low profile side focus that allows the shooter to focus the optic in the firing position.

5. Resettable side focus to allow the shooter to set the focus on infinity by a reference mark on the knob.

6. Well designed reticle with MOA hash marks left and right for windage holds.

7. Vertical duplex crosshairs for low light and quick acquisition.

8. MOA scales in both windage and elevation for range estimation and known distance measurements.

9. Well designed elevation turret to allow custom etching including range and windage holds.

10. Keep the weight to a pound.

11. Bomb proof adjustment and perfect tracking

12. Have the best long range resolution of any scope of equal weight. This is where the side focus and 14X really shine.

I think that is about it.

Always fun to dream. laugh

add to that an 8:1 or 10:1 zoom. how about a 2.5-25x 50mm scope?? march scopes have it. and I say have over 25 moa in one turn of the turret.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Regardless of lens and power, the windage adjustment would be on the left side so as not to block the loading port.

AND....bring back the post reticle......can't even find one through a custom shop.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A lighter 3-9x40 Conquest with a slightly smaller ocular and markings all the way around the turret.

3-10x42 Swaro, just like it is, with a turret option.

Constant ER Leupolds.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
And the tests that prove that it's just marketing hype and not true I can find where ?
You haven't got any do you ? Leupold's Diamond Coat Coatings have been around for years. The military has found that they far exceed their standards. But guys like you refuse to accept that they are what they claim.
At least their generous eye boxes and long eye relief are an easily proven fact. Or are yoy claiming them to be hype as well ? E

The lens of claim 67, said light transmission being at least 99.5%.

a first lens, said first lens being located adjacent said first end of said scope and presenting a first face and an opposed second face with at least one of said first and said second faces having a coating, said coating comprising an anti-reflective layer disposed on said face and a hydrophobic layer disposed on said anti-reflective layer wherein said coating permits at least 99% of the light entering said lens second face to be transmitted through said lens first face; and
a plurality of lenses located between said first lens and said second end of said scope, each of said plurality of lenses presenting a first lens surface and an opposed second lens surface, with certain of said lens surfaces containing an anti-reflective layer disposed thereon, said coating retaining at least 95% of a hydrophobic characteristic after an abrasion test comprising the steps of rubbing an eraser for at least 20 strokes along the same line using 2.5 pounds of pressure on the eraser, said hydrophobic characteristic being selected from the group consisting of contact angles and stain removal using adhesive tape

Again E, care to take your Leupold superhard coating through this test???

This isn't a swipe at Leupold but a question for the optics stooge!!!

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by deflave
I'd make VX-1 glass in a 3.5-10X40mm and retail them for $299.00.

I'd offer that same glass with M1's for about $350.00.

Then I'd hire a third shift because I don't think you'd be able to keep up production. But I've been wrong before.

Travis

Yes sir that would be nice. Also wish the v6 line were m1 optional. Being able to add m1's to the v6 shouldn't be a day dream....but it is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just for the record, leupold states that their Diamond Coat lense coatings are the toughtest coatings they have ever offered. How that clear statement morphed into the toughest ever offered in the world is well...........you all know the rest.

Be that as it may, I want a scope that is durable, reliable and one that can hold zero when abused first........hense the Elite (4200) series. Eremicus's claim of superior eyebox and eye relief only proves that he has never made a comparison between a VX3 (3.5-10x40) and a Elite 2.5-10 or 3-9x40.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I helped a new hunter zero his rifle last fall with a new Elite 4200 scope. While the latest VX3 does have somewhat less eye relief than the older versions of this scope, they still have 3.8-3.4 inches vs. the 3.25 inches of the the 4200 Elites. The eye boxes on the Elites run 1/3-1/4 as much. E

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
LIV2BS, I was refering to scratch resistance, not water repelant characteristics as you seem to be. Not was I refering to the light transmition qualities of a particular lense. But if you wish to test or post about that stuff, be my guest. E

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I helped a new hunter zero his rifle last fall with a new Elite 4200 scope. While the latest VX3 does have somewhat less eye relief than the older versions of this scope, they still have 3.8-3.4 inches vs. the 3.25 inches of the the 4200 Elites. The eye boxes on the Elites run 1/3-1/4 as much. E

Utter BS !!!

B
B
If I built a scope (For mid-long range hunting)

Bushnell/IOR has a decent thing going. 2.5x16 3x18, that's where I'd start. Vortex has a great reticle.

1)2.5-16x50 w/ 30mm tube
2)EBR-1 MOA reticle but 1moa dashes up to 10moa then go 2moa intervals.
3)65-80moa of travel
4)Illuminated reticle
5)Capped, medium turrets with a zero stop and obviously 1/4moa adjustment
6)Side paralax 25yds-inf.
7)Fast focus eye piece
8)16-22oz
9)Level inside the tube
10)$500-700

The level isn't something I would have to have but it could come in handy. I own a couple FFP scopes and it has its advantages but again, not something I would have to have.

I say all this because I just had to scope my t3 .308 and NOBODY makes what I have described. Some scopes have a couple of these items but nobody has #1-8 which were important to me.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Since 90% plus of bolt rifles are right handed, I'd place the elevation turret on the left side and out of the way from possibly being hit by an ejected case.

Not an original thought, but it did come from a knowledgable rifle guy after I mentioned to him that I was having a problem with the case hitting the turret and landing back on the follower. Doesn't happen often, but it could be eliminated with the turret on the left.

One of those times that lefties do get a brake. smile

laissez les bons temps rouler
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by deflave
I'd make VX-1 glass in a 3.5-10X40mm and retail them for $299.00.

I'd offer that same glass with M1's for about $350.00.

Then I'd hire a third shift because I don't think you'd be able to keep up production. But I've been wrong before.

Travis

Throw on a side focus and it would be the ultimate.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by battue
Since 90% plus of bolt rifles are right handed, I'd place the elevation turret on the left side and out of the way from possibly being hit by an ejected case.

Not an original thought, but it did come from a knowledgable rifle guy after I mentioned to him that I was having a problem with the case hitting the turret and landing back on the follower. Doesn't happen often, but it could be eliminated with the turret on the left.

One of the few times my friend... wink

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by battue

One of the few times my friend... wink

:-) Actualy EVERY scope without a third turret and symmetric reticle will work this way. Rotate 90degrees and use elevation for Windage and vice versa. smile ............dj

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,393
Posts18,488,781
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.