Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I think you must ship the action to a licensed dealer.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just took me 9 business days to ship a 4" piece of d-loop less than a hundred miles.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Braindead
I think you must ship the action to a licensed dealer.

Nope. And Redneck is.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Killertraylor
Originally Posted by rick59
I would tell you how to take care of this but after reading the whole post and seen some of the things that I have been called I'll just leave it alone, seems you all got it figured out anyway.
USPSPM

Typical Government worker. Way to make the USPS look like even bigger worthless a-holes than they really are, lol.

Sorry my office hours are as follows:
8:30am - 4:00pm M-F
and
8:30am-12:00pm Sat.
contact me during these hours and I'd be glad to help.

Have a nice day.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Killertraylor
I would tell you how to take care of this but after reading the whole post and seen some of the things that I have been called I'll just leave it alone, seems you all got it figured out anyway.
USPSPM

Typical Government worker. Way to make the USPS look like even bigger worthless a-holes than they really are, lol.

Sorry my office hours are as follows:
8:30am - 4:00pm M-F
and
8:30am-12:00pm Sat.
contact me during these hours and I'd be glad to help.

Have a nice day.

Now that's some funny schit. I actually love my local post office, even if their tracking system is 25 years behind the computer age...and I won't ever mail anything ground again. 3 weeks to go 400 miles is the definition of worthless. Help this guy out - obviously someone in your claims department has their stupid head up their ass.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Rick59,

As a avid hunter and works in the USPS, help out 805 and PM him a few tips or point him in the right direction. He's asking for help here and you sound like the right person to help him. From his post it sounds like he's trying to do the right thing and they keep declining his claim. I would like to hear the results in the end.

I've ship rifles and rifle parts just like he has to FFL dealer through USPS, just never had any issues.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
USPSPM

Nope; haven't changed my mind. The USPS sucks azz smile

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
with a confirmation number you should know at what point it was missing. Put the number in here:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action

I have watched expected items come across the country till delivered, without a hitch.

I must agree after 20 years of firearms/USPS experience, that there are some real iron headed jokers in their employ.

But they are WAY better than the brown crushing machine.

I have a copy of their regs when I go to ship something, any heat I just reach in my pocket.

You can find ALL the regs of each organization here:

http://www.losttarget.com/firearmshipping.htm

This site has a real wealthe of other pertinent info, too.

HM

T
TAC Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
The message Rick59 is sending is pretty clear: �I could help you, but I won�t, because you didn't say nice things�. He says he could help and yet he won�t unless he's on the clock? he thought enough to respond but not enough to actually help. Does this sound like someone who cares? I�m not sure when Rick stopped caring but he clearly has� He will get his pay and vacation and retirement no matter. We've all seen gunsmiths respond to posts helping out when they can, to many of whom are not their customers. I've yet to read a post from smith stating he could help but won't...

Sadly, this attitude has become too common among some who have unreasonably protected careers. If you are not to be ruled by passion for your work then you must be ruled by the fear of loosing your livelihood; it�s a common motivator that those who have career protection and security are often lacking.

When that local post master conveys he/she doesn�t give a damn it�s because his effort is no longer needed because his reward is guaranteed regardless of his performance. If his pay was more closely tied to his performance or he feared that his performance could affect his livelihood you�d have service like most privately held successful companies.

Question: Could the post office live within its budget like a private company? The answer is clear� it�s protected, it doesn�t have to.

To be fair, not all at the post office are so hardened and I hope you find someone who cares enough to help you recover the insurance you paid for your action.

TAC

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Now you guys aren't going to like this since there are allot of you that believe very strongly that the USPS is only out to steal for you and have no idea of what their doing at their jobs but this is what I feel is the problem with 805's claim with the USPS. Go ahead now and tell me how wrong I am and maybe throw in a little more name calling while your at it.

What do you need to file a domestic claim with the Post Office?

1 - A Completed Claim Form

2 - Evidence of Insurance
A mailing receipt, online label record, or shipment packaging can show the item was sent with insurance or Express Mail

3 - Evidence of Value
You�ll also need to show the item�s value or estimated repair costs with sales receipts or invoices,
Originally Posted by 805

I didnt have the original sales receipt

This not a good thing and this is where the USPS gains the upper hand.

Originally Posted by 805

I did however submit a photo copy of the USPS money order I had just purchased to buy another

This is not Evidence of Value, this is only what was said to have been paid to replace something that there is no evidence or proof of in the first place.

4 - If Applicable, Proof of Damage or Loss of Contents
If you received something damaged or items are missing from a package, please hang on to the contents you received and all the associated packing materials until your claim is settled. You may be asked to take them to your local Post Office� for inspection later.

How long does it take to get reimbursement?
When all the documents are in order, claims are usually paid within 30 days.

If you are missing any of the 4 above items you are on your own.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
True if you mail or ship tnter-state. If you ship intra-state it's like a FTF. Mail or ship directly to the buyer.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by TAC
The message Rick59 is sending is pretty clear: �I could help you, but I won�t, because you didn't say nice things�. He says he could help and yet he won�t unless he's on the clock? he thought enough to respond but not enough to actually help. Does this sound like someone who cares? I�m not sure when Rick stopped caring but he clearly has� He will get his pay and vacation and retirement no matter. We've all seen gunsmiths respond to posts helping out when they can, to many of whom are not their customers. I've yet to read a post from smith stating he could help but won't...

Sadly, this attitude has become too common among some who have unreasonably protected careers. If you are not to be ruled by passion for your work then you must be ruled by the fear of loosing your livelihood; it�s a common motivator that those who have career protection and security are often lacking.

When that local post master conveys he/she doesn�t give a damn it�s because his effort is no longer needed because his reward is guaranteed regardless of his performance. If his pay was more closely tied to his performance or he feared that his performance could affect his livelihood you�d have service like most privately held successful companies.

Question: Could the post office live within its budget like a private company? The answer is clear� it�s protected, it doesn�t have to.

To be fair, not all at the post office are so hardened and I hope you find someone who cares enough to help you recover the insurance you paid for your action.

TAC

Don't know me but yet somehow knows everything about me, your good!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rick, so becuase he doesnt have a sales receipt he wont get paid is what your saying. When was the last time you got a receipt for trading something for a used rifle? how can you prove that you paid anything for something that has been took apart? Im just curious how you can prove what was in the box? He said he sent a copy of how much a new action cost which would prove the valve wouldnt it? This just seems unfair why offer insurance if you wont back it up. He hasnt broken any laws by sending it to a licensed FFL holder so why shouldnt his insurance be taken care of. Seems like there are alot of loop holes for USPS to get out of paying for lost packages.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gledeasy
The USPS can be screwed up at times. Here's my recent annoyance with them. Bought something from someone the other day. Didn't think it would take too long to arrive, South Central Wyoming to Northern Utah, I thought they would take I-80 over. Like others have mentioned the tracking was horrible. After a couple days it was updated showing it was in Denver, CO. Thought that was weird to go that route so I mapquested things. According to mapquest from Wyoming to my destination it would have taken 5 hours, the way it went through Colorado was 13 hours. Needless to say the package was a few days late.
Yeah, you're right. Federal Express and UPS are the "shiznit." Only two f*cking organizations I know that place Fort Worth, Texas on a straight line between Oklahoma City and Portland, Oregon or route shipments originated in Oklahoma City through Commerce City, Colorado to Los Angeles, California. That's some deep f*cking thinking right there.

This has probably been asked at one point or another, but since we are talking about shipping and firearms I have a question. I've been thinking about putting a rifle on the fire for sale. I wouldn't ship through the USPS, prob USP and would look to ship to FFL dealer from non-FFL. If it gets to that point when shipping the rifle what would be the proper procedure? Just let them know it is a gun going to a FFL dealer?
Yes, it has been asked. Beaucoup times. Do a search.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Danny1788
Rick, so becuase he doesnt have a sales receipt he wont get paid is what your saying. When was the last time you got a receipt for trading something for a used rifle? how can you prove that you paid anything for something that has been took apart? Im just curious how you can prove what was in the box? He said he sent a copy of how much a new action cost which would prove the valve wouldnt it? This just seems unfair why offer insurance if you wont back it up. He hasnt broken any laws by sending it to a licensed FFL holder so why shouldnt his insurance be taken care of. Seems like there are alot of loop holes for USPS to get out of paying for lost packages.

First lets get this clear, I'm not the one who is not backing up the insurance.

Yes I believe that the real problem here is the whole receipt thing, like I stated before a receipt for what is said to be a replacement item is still not proof that there was a item in the first place to be replaced.
That would be like you or I walking into our insurance company and telling them that you or I had a car, motorcycle or maybe a gun and it has become missing so you or I went out and bought a replacement and this is what it cost now you or I paid reimbursed, do you think that the insurance company will do this if there is not or never was proof that the in item in question every really was(hence the sales receipt)?
I don't really see the receipt as being a "Loop Hole".

You ask me: When was the last time you got a receipt for trading something for a used rifle.
Answer: Yesterday and also on Monday when I bought a couple of rifles.
I keep the copies of emails, pm's and copies of MO's as proof of purchase, that's one way I feel would be my proof if I need it.

Look I'm not here to argue about who's right or wrong and I do feel for the guy but I do believe and he admitted that he didn't have one that without a receipt for the original purchase that any insurance claim will be denied at any insurance company.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Danny1788
First lets get this clear, I'm not the one who is not backing up the insurance.

Yes I believe that the real problem here is the whole receipt thing, like I stated before a receipt for what is said to be a replacement item is still not proof that there was a item in the first place to be replaced.
That would be like you or I walking into our insurance company and telling them that you or I had a car, motorcycle or maybe a gun and it has become missing so you or I went out and bought a replacement and this is what it cost now you or I paid reimbursed, do you think that the insurance company will do this if there is not or never was proof that the in item in question every really was(hence the sales receipt)?
I don't really see the receipt as being a "Loop Hole".

You ask me: When was the last time you got a receipt for trading something for a used rifle.
Answer: Yesterday and also on Monday when I bought a couple of rifles.
I keep the copies of emails, pm's and copies of MO's as proof of purchase, that's one way I feel would be my proof if I need it.

Look I'm not here to argue about who's right or wrong and I do feel for the guy but I do believe and he admitted that he didn't have one that without a receipt for the original purchase that any insurance claim will be denied at any insurance company.
The original post also seems to indicate possible denial based on the erroneous belief that a long gun action falls into the same category as a handgun or other firearm prohibited from mailing. That needs to be straightened out and taken off the table first thing.

Once the mailability has been established, start working on an equitable means to establish a replacement value.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
USPSPM

I never saw that one coming!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You want to really [bleep] laugh? it is probably easier to find out Obama's cell phone # than to make a call to someone that can really help you with claims like this. The USPS keeps their phone #'s for CS a bigger secret than anything I have ever seen.

Watch4Bear and I got raked over the coals from 2 different parts of the country, but with the same outcome. Bend over and enjoy your USPS.

I hope they go under, only because they DESERVE to go under.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

BullSh!t...I have filed several insurance claims for items that where either stolen or damaged and my insurance company has never asked me to produce a receipt for the original purchase. I list out the items that where stolen or damaged, give them the estimated original value and date of purchase. They prorate the value for depreciation or if it is insured for replacement value they cut me a check for that amount. I don't have to show them the receipt for the item that was stolen just my word that it was there and now it is gone.

whistle grin wink cool crazy shocked blush tired sleep

Wipe your mouth, there's still a tiny bit of bullshit around your lips.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
...South Central Wyoming to Northern Utah, I thought they would take I-80 over.

After a couple days it was updated showing it was in Denver, CO. Thought that was weird to go that route so I mapquested things. According to mapquest from Wyoming to my destination it would have taken 5 hours, the way it went through Colorado was 13 hours.

Not to defend the USPS, but do you really think they look at each piece of mail, Mapquest the shortest route, then hand it to a driver to "head across I-80"?

They're already inefficient, but damn. eek

If you were flying between two places, unless you are lucky enough to live at a hub, do you think the airline is going to look and say "Well, it's sure straighter from here to there, rather than going through Atlanta (or Dallas, or Denver, or Chicago, or wherever), so we'll just go straight to Peoria for this one guy instead". And you're paying a lot more than 45 cents.

Same with the mail. Tractor trailer loads to a central point, then fan it back out.

I used to live near Memphis. My FedEx packages were usually a day quicker than anybody else's, because they began and/or stopped at the "mid-point", instead of coming in then going back out. The same package going from Kentucky to New York would go south before going back north. In my case, it stopped and cut a day off.

That's just reality.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 52 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,781
Posts18,515,729
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.