Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
My brother was a banker who loaned money to an old couple to help see their Mom & Pop business through some hard times. Nobody but my brother would lend them any money, but my brother had a feeling they would not let him down. The old couple weathered the crisis and had their business become quite profitable. The loan was repaid in full. A year or two later the old man died. Several weeks after the old man was buried my brother was walking along the street near the bank when he heard a car horn honking at him. He turned around to see the old man waving at him from a car he was driving. The car quickly disappeared in traffic and was not seen again. The old man had come back to thank my brother for having enough faith in him to help him through a rough time.

Last edited by Notropis; 03/01/12.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My dad was the ultimate practical jokester. You never wanted to leave the supper table for any reason, because when you'd return, your plate would be missing, or your glass would be switched with someone's coffee. All kinds of stuff like that.

Every once in a while I'll go looking for something that I was certain I knew exactly where to find it. On a couple occasions, things have not been where they should have been found. I'm sure it's probably my absentmindedness, but part of me thinks the old man is somewhere having a good chuckle at my expense. Every once in a while a little rogue breeze will hit me and I swear it's him, reminding me he's still screwing with me and laughing all the while. I just smile and remember the old fart and all the pranks he pulled. From the air mattresses that mysteriously went flat (always mine-not his) to the spool of line on my Mitchell 300 that was mysteriously short and not actually tied to the spool. He laughed really hard as I watched the 20 feet of line and my favorite Daredevile head for spots unknown out in the lake. Now I've got a ghost that's a practical joker too.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AlabamaEd
I never have, but would like to hear the experiences of those who have.

I've never seen one. When I worked in patrol, I'd get calls to respond to peoples homes that believed someone was inside it, if that counts. Never saw a ghost nor anyone inside of the complainants house.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Asian in laws fervently believe in them. So there is a ghost haunting my favorite fishing hole. My brother in law can't go with me!

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by hunter1960
Originally Posted by AlabamaEd
I never have, but would like to hear the experiences of those who have.

I've never seen one. When I worked in patrol, I'd get calls to respond to peoples homes that believed someone was inside it, if that counts. Never saw a ghost nor anyone inside of the complainants house.

trust me, they are real, or at least one is or was.

once i threatened him to never come around me again, i never observed him again. a smallish Irish dude, with a cap, and irish clothng from the last century.

for those who don't believe, they probably don't exist.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Can't say that I have ever seen or heard a ghost, but I moved into a house in Gardner, CO that was not "pleasant" to live in. I had trouble sleeping, bad dreams and panic type feelings. I moved to another house across the valley from it and all those problems went away. After talking with locals, I found out that no one was able to live in that "bad" house very long. One family even had their church come and pray for the house. Some one finally torched it. All I can say is I'm glad it's gone.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seen a baby beagle ghost chasing the Easter Bunny once

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Jericho
There is an old thread on www.huntingpa.com about haunted
hunting camps. It is very interesting and I suggest checking
it out.

We have had a family hunting camp in rural Potter County PA for past 50+ years. Several books have been written about strange happenings in that area from back in the 1800's.

One Sunday 20+ years ago at dawn my wife and I were heading home on the rural road driving towards to Galeton to hit route 6. As we drove around a corner we peered into the morning fog; in the field ahead of us we saw three nuns with fishing poles heading towards us, when we got to were they were we found nothing..no car..no nuns. I stopped for a moment to look around yet still nothing. I got a cold chill and decided it was time to go. I asked some locals but no one knew of nuns in that area.

Were they ghosts? Don't know.

Ted
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I shined my light across some trees and saw a huge, broad shadow. I though maybe it was something that got caught in the path of the Mag Lite so I kept walking. When the light went to the same area again the shadow was bigger and facing me.

I do not know if it was my imagination or what but scary just the same.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
The house I grew up in had a ghost who frequented it. We all saw it from time to time. We had one of those wall mounted space heaters, and during the winter you would catch a pair of hands rubbing themselves together in front of the heater. It would also open and close our curtains and blinds during the night. A couple of times it switched the lights on us. My brother and I had a bunch of friends over for a slumber party one time and we were all up late. It kept turning the lights and tv off on us. We would get up off the couch and turn them back on and 5 mins later they would go out again. The knob on the tv would turn and the toggle switch would flip. Only ever saw it as a whole one time. I used to sleep with my dad because I was an insomniac from about 3 years old, and he would help me fall asleep. Well one night I woke up in the middle of the night and kept tossing. I saw a shadow cross the bed, it was a full moon and the moonlight was lighting up the foot of the bed, and looked up. He was standing in front of the bedroom window. Couldn't tell if he was looking in or out. But it freaked me out. Damn near pissed my britches.

Last edited by trevore; 03/01/12. Reason: misspelled word
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
PM Gus, I'm sure he converses with them regularly.

now that my name has been invoked by another, please allow me to share with you a past experience, if that is ok with you?

good, good.

many years ago, and on many occassions, i was "viewed" by a irish type dude, with a irish hat.

early on, he'd stand in the window and just look at me. several times, actually.
later, when i was in the Army, he appeared one time, from the closet just gazing at me.

even later, when i was working in middle Georgia, he appeared in the closet when i awoke and saw him. he was never angry, or vicious, or aggressive.

he was a thin, shortish, Irish dude, with a hat.

a Cherokee witch read me my history, and then shared that i had stolen the wife of a dude back in the day. he was still chasing me, and would have his revenge sooner or later.

i loaded my gun, sharpened by knife and prepared for combat. i never saw him again. is he still out there seeking revenge? i have no clue. do you?

I don't care what anybody says, I still want to buy Gus a beer.

Travis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've long believed in spirits among us. Lived in a haunted house for many years with my folks.
However, the most interesting story is about a pyschic I met. She didn't know me from Adam but the first thing she told me was that I had two guardian angels. One was a young woman. Her description was pretty generic. The second one she described as an older man, short with white hair and a pork pie hat. He had a pleasant smile and a big nose. He was wearing an older style wool coat. She said she had a hard time with his name, maybe Silvan, Cyrus, something like that. She described my grandfather to a tee. His name was Cyprian. I wear two angels on my hat.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'll compromise my less than Stellar Reputation.. whistle

I believe in Ghosts...I have since being a small kid...At the time was living in Manassas VA, very near the Battle Field Park... which was stretching all over the place...

any time when there was few people at the Park area I was in, I'd just feel the presence of ghosts, and at night I'd see light shadows that moves across the landscape...

sure it may have seemed like an active imagination of a kid..but it sure was real to me...

same as when I visit the graveyard where my grandmother, grandfather and brother are buried... its a very small one on a hill top in Rural WVa... but I sure see movement out of my peripheral vision especially when the sun is going down...

and some real spooky stuff from my grandparents and my brothers graves...

I think you have to believe in them before you see them.. but there is no reason to be afraid of them..

In college I got to know Ed and Lorraine Warren... don't know if anyone ever heard of them, but they were recognized 'demonologists' by the Catholic Church...

Google them up for some wild stories...I met them before they went down to visit a house on Long Island, and when I saw them when they returned, had dinner with them, and they told me all of this wild stuff happening at this possessed house on Long Island...

the Same house became a book and a movie... the Amityville Horror...

as a child in No Va, in the 1950s, my folks knew the people who owned the house where they filmed the Exorcist in, located in Georgetown...it wasn't possessed, but it was spooky when the movie came out when I was in college and I had spent time in that house...

if I feel a "presence", I just try and keep away from it anymore...

ghosts are just spirits reaching out to those of us that are still here...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I once walked into the office of a large warehouse, no one was working at the time. I looked down the hall to my right and saw a young guy with blond hair wearing blue coveralls in the open door to the mens restroom. I was somewhat surprised that any one would be there so I walked to the rest room to see who was there, of course no one was there. I didnt give it much thought but weeks later in a conversation with the warehouse foreman, I was describing what I had seen(just a casual conversation) he got a funny look on his face and told me he had seen the same "person" in the warehouse sometime before. He looked for the "person" and had the same results as I did.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I've seen a spook or two...

I don't beleive. But that said, I have seen apparitions.
Moving into a new double years ago, when my son was about 3.
I was alone in the place ( or so I thought)
I was setting up bedroom furniture and walked past the room that would be my son's and out of the corner of my eye I caught sight of a boy sitting on his bed.
Turning to see, he was gone.

I found out later, that a you boy that lived there before had died.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
About 30 years ago I was driving down a country road going home after a late night poker game at a buddy's place. It was about 2:00 AM when I saw a teenage girl in a formal dress walking down the road by herself. I stopped to ask her if she was all right, and she told me that she was heading home from her High School Prom and that she had some car trouble. She told me that she lived a few miles down the road, and would appreciate a ride.

I dropped her off at the driveway entrance of an old farmhouse, and drove the rest of the way home. Got some sleep and decided to drive to the local diner for a late breakfast. When I got in the car, I noticed a fancy bracelet lying on the passenger seat. Figured it belonged to the girl, so I drove back the the farmhouse to give it to her. Rang the bell and an elderly woman answered the door. I told her about what had happened the night before and showed her the bracelet.

I still get chills when I remember the look on the woman's face and what she said next.

She told me that it was her grand-daughter's favorite bracelet and that she will be very happy to have it back.

Bet you thought this story was going to have a different ending!

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
lmao

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I'm just glad to finally know I'm not the only one, thanks for the experiences Men.

Gunner

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have not see any, but have experienced things.

Wife and her mother have seen physical apparitions, both of her grandparents, after they died. Separate incidents.

Our current house has exhibited some strange noises, the occasional voice, and other stuff.

Lately (past 6-8 months) the noises manifest about 1:30-2:30 AM, as a series of four knocks. Always exactly four at a time, sometimes several times in a row. Not loud, but loud enough and repeated enough that I have woken up and gone downstairs to make sure someone's not at the door -- even though we have a doorbell. No one is ever there.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My grandmother saw an angel. Does that count?

Also have a cousin that lived near Charlotte NC. His best friend in high school lived in an old farm house that supposedly had a shady past. His dad was part of a K9 unit and had a Belgian Malinois as his working partner. Don't know why, but you could not wrap logging chains around that dog and drag him down in that basement.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

333 members (257 mag, 1badf350, 160user, 260Remguy, 06hunter59, 257 roberts, 34 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,328
Posts18,526,547
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.