-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I've been kicking around the idea of sending my Ruger 1B in .257 Roberts to CPR for accurization. All of the feedback I've received thus far has been favorable, however, no one with whom I've corresponded has had them work on a #1.

My email correspondence with CPR has been favorable as well.

If you've had CPR work over your #1, what was your experience?

Were you happy from the get-go? Or did it require multiple trips to their shop?

Currently my .257 is shooting right at 1" at 100 yards, the trigger is......heavy.

TIA.

http://www.cprrifles.com

GB1

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
don't know about CPR but i had a few problems with a #1 international, especially the trigger. had a fellow put in a set of wolf springs for a start, and that knocked the trgr weight from 7# to about 3#.
ended up that's ALL i did because i'm not a target shooter altho i shoot a lot at the range.
that also pulled the groups in to about 1 1/2" to 2" at 200 yards. (from the bench )
1"@100 yards sounds fine to this old guy especially in one of my favourite calibres (257robbie). been looking high and far for a #1 in 257.
but in alberta if it ain't a 300WM or a 7MM RM it's not considered a rifle by many. so every now and then something special comes around at a reasonable price.

Life sucks , and then you die!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Hey johnny

I believe a moa shooter is great. If you have a smith locally that will lighten the trigger or if you want to do it yourself go for it. I have found that if a rifle fits good and the trigger is right then you got a friend for life. what about the ammo you are using?? I take it you are handloading? If you work up a load then that may be the differance right there. Great choice in the 257 BOB. you will have fun with it.
Bearbeater

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

Hey johnny

I believe a moa shooter is great. If you have a smith locally that will lighten the trigger or if you want to do it yourself go for it. I have found that if a rifle fits good and the trigger is right then you got a friend for life. what about the ammo you are using?? I take it you are handloading? If you work up a load then that may be the differance right there. Great choice in the 257 BOB. you will have fun with it.
Bearbeater
I'm handloading, though I haven't tried a wide variety in this rifle as of yet. I'm getting just under 2500 FPS with a Sierra 117 grain BTSP over 38.0 grains of Re-19. Getting a group of 0.91" at 100 yards. I bought several boxes of Hornady Light Magnum ammo on closeout at a bankrupt retailer a few years back (Jumbo Sports), though I haven't yet tried it.

Other than the trigger being a little heavy, it breaks very cleanly, with zero creep.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Hey Johnny
I believe you have a real shooter. Can it be better? Ya perhaps, I would lighten the trigger first then work up a good load. In that order of course. Then if you want better than the rest is up to you. most rifles I keep I have to cut the stocks to fit me. Then I have a problem with eye relief ( short neck syndrom) I used mil surp stuff all my life and triggers dont effect me much. It does help alot I do lighten the triggers on a real shooter . I believe you have a keeper in that 257 bob good luck and let us know what worked to tighten the groups.
Bearbeater

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
John can work magic on the #1's, he is very good at what he does. the only problem i have seen is slow turn around time. he does not do anything quickly. if this is something you need right away, youd be better off finding another gunsmith........blake

People sleep peaceable in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

207 members (270wsmnutt, 257 mag, 160user, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 15 invisible), 1,647 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,858
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.