Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
...... I know my brother is disappointed. Only less than 13,000 voted? Dang.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Romney get 2 delegates for that?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After some of the posts on here from people that say they are from Alaska, I can believe anything. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by milespatton
After some of the posts on here from people that say they are from Alaska, I can believe anything. miles
laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It undercuts Sarah Palin if she now officially endorses someone other than Romney. It would show she's out of touch with the people of Alaska.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MacLorry
It undercuts Sarah Palin if she now officially endorses someone other than Romney. It would show she's out of touch with the people of Alaska.

Did you forget to add the sarcasm tag? According to an earlier post only 13k turned out to vote. That means the rank-and-file Republicans in Alaska weren't excited about any of the candidates and didn't go vote. I'm sure RINOs will attempt to spin things as you wrote (sarcasm or not), but Palin endorsing someone else wouldn't mean anything about her being in touch or out of touch with Alaskans.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by milespatton

touche !

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback

Did you forget to add the sarcasm tag? According to an earlier post only 13k turned out to vote. That means the rank-and-file Republicans in Alaska weren't excited about any of the candidates and didn't go vote. I'm sure RINOs will attempt to spin things as you wrote (sarcasm or not), but Palin endorsing someone else wouldn't mean anything about her being in touch or out of touch with Alaskans.

If the rank-and-file Republicans in Alaska didn't bother to vote then no one can claim they favor any Republican. They exercised their right to remain silent, so if Palin is in touch with those Republicans she too will remain silent. However, If she goes with the majority who exercised their right to vote, she'll endorse Romney. Thus, my point stands that Romney's win undercuts Sarah Palin if she now officially endorses someone else as it would show she's out of touch with the people of Alaska.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Romney's win undercuts Sarah Palin if she now officially endorses someone else as it would show she's out of touch with the people of Alaska.

Speaking for myself, only, an endorsement from another person means nothing about how I will vote. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just for information purposes: Sarah Palin told Neil Cavuto that she had cast her vote for Newt

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
Just for information purposes: Sarah Palin told Neil Cavuto that she had cast her vote for Newt

So she's out of touch with the people of Alaska. Not really surprising given she's been cashing in on her politicking, while the people of Alaska have been struggling in the Obama economy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
Not sure how it panned out yesterday but up until then the staters Romney has won generally have low voter turnout. Bodes well for November.... cry

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
What does Palin have to do with this anyway?

Besides, isn't she free to vote for whoever she wants? Why should she be tied to the popular choice in AK (if a plurality of 13,000 represents a poplular choice)?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Exactly...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by slumlord

So she's out of touch with the people of Alaska. Not really surprising given she's been cashing in on her politicking, while the people of Alaska have been struggling in the Obama economy.

�I'm surprised you fell for such simplistic nonsense.� to borrow one of your favorite phrases.

Anyone who doesn�t fall in step with the Coronation of Rmoney is out of touch and cashing in.

The truth is that Palin and Gingrich are on the same page when it comes to energy solutions and what that means to solving the Obama economy.

Palin on CNN last night before the polls closed:
PALIN: Thanks for being in Wasilla.
VERCAMMEN: You're welcome. We're glad to be here.
As we said, not just Sarah Palin, but to expect that as many as 1,000 people will come through here as multiple districts vote in Wasilla, Alaska, of course, very exciting, a wild card if you will. They're not really sure how this will go tonight. You've got no political polling here, Sarah. Well, let me ask you while I'm here, do you feel like anybody has an advantage on the ground here?

PALIN: You know, there's a strong libertarian streak here in Alaska, so I think Ron Paul is going to do very well.
Romney won though four years ago the caucuses, presidential preference poll. So perhaps we'll see a repeat of that.

Newt Gingrich, though, he is the one who is spot on with energy development. That's so important to Alaskans.

And Alaska is a very, very conservative state, so red that Rick Santorum could be very well suited (ph) - so kind of I think a microcosm of the rest of the country. Things are up in the air. We don't know.

VERCAMMEN: And if I might add, here in the Mat-Su Valley, they say that Santorum has been running very well among evangelical Christians.

PALIN: Sure, of which I am one. So, no, but again, all four candidates are great, and five men running for president, and the four that you just mentioned are better than the incumbent. Anybody but Obama.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Romney get 2 delegates for that?

There are 24 delegates up for grabs in Alaska. Each candidate receives a delegate count equal to their share of the total vote count.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It sounds like she's smarter than the average Alaskan to me....

Glad that she is out of touch! It gives the people of Alaska some dignity....

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep the great welfare mentality is alive and well in Alaska.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
According to the 'Anchorage Daily News' (often called the 'daily worker' for their unbiased reporting), Mitt got 33% while Santorum got 29%. It isn't a winner take all scenario as delegates are split by percentage. Many here are registered as non-partisans so couldn't vote. It was a closed primary, meaning that only registered Republicans could vote; wrangling over politics being a local sport, more folks prefer to remain uncommitted to a party to argue better and not get pinned down. Over all, not a huge endorsement for Mitt.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing

What did they have to get excited about the GOP has shot theirself in the foot again. But say they have electable POS. Now you've swallowd the driveby media's lie.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 03/07/12.

NRA Lifetime Member
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (16gage, 1Longbow, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,741
Posts18,495,082
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.