Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 883 of 1,842 1 2 881 882 883 884 885 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Happy Birthday Pam. I hope it's as good as you wished it to be.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I like the pics very much. thanks for sharing.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SSB
Here is something that may interest you guys in the wolf country. Bagged by my hunting pard on a recent foray we took to Ontario....Dang it was cold there before we left....

[Linked Image]

Hell's yeah. Great wolf!

M
M
Originally Posted by northern_dave
good luck with the pancake water!

grin

I was up in the bush today thinking it might start to flow, as it was 11 degrees. Nope, nuttin, Looks like we will have a couple of cool days and then warm again for the weekend. Maybe then. We are ready a bit early this year but with the way the weather has been going wanted to make sure we did not miss any.

db

Chores that need the tractor get done first!
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Happy Birthday Pam

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes!!

It truely was an AMAZING day!!!! Now to drive to St. Paul today for work and back tomorrow afternoon. The husband and babies better be good while I'm gone...that means don't mess up the house too much either. grin

Have a good day everyone.

"I'm not crying!!"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Reports say it's going to be a bad year for maple syrup here due to the warm winter. Looks like it's going to be Mrs Buttersworth at camp this deer season.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Drive safe Pam

they are saying winterwheat crops around here could be damaged, I know I lost all of mine, but the deer cleaned me out, almost like I planned it that way wink I wonder if I can get depredation tags? LOL

I got sunburned on Monday when it got up to 70. definitely a strange winter to say the least

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ah, dangit, I was down at the mothership yesterday and missed Pam's birthday. frown Happy Belated Birthday Pam!

Nice photos there Mr B! Makes me miss winter.

Just booked my plane tickets for my next business travel. Where you might ask? California? Nope. Colorado? Nope. Arizona? Nope. The Netherlands? Yep.

I will have a day to explore too. Prolly gonna just tour Amsterdam. anybody know anything about The Netherlands???

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I here there is a couple of things you can do in Amsterdam laugh

I don't feed em I eat em
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Ah, dangit, I was down at the mothership yesterday and missed Pam's birthday. frown Happy Belated Birthday Pam!

Nice photos there Mr B! Makes me miss winter.

Just booked my plane tickets for my next business travel. Where you might ask? California? Nope. Colorado? Nope. Arizona? Nope. The Netherlands? Yep.

I will have a day to explore too. Prolly gonna just tour Amsterdam. anybody know anything about The Netherlands???

Yup! They've got windmills, cheese and a few things that are illegal in the states but, legal there.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I already told you this but Happy Birthday Pam!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
That is a beautiful wolf! It looks huge!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
My sister was in Amsterdam this week too BM. She was there for work as well and toured it for one day.

M
M
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Reports say it's going to be a bad year for maple syrup here due to the warm winter. Looks like it's going to be Mrs Buttersworth at camp this deer season.

That is the talk here too. We need a couple of weeks with nightime temps about -5 and daytime +5, minimum wind and lots of sunshine. Tall order this year.

We had a good year last year so still have some left.

Funny thing though I am misterb (utterworth) So I am always having mrs butterworth's syrup.

Chores that need the tractor get done first!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tzone, you gotta ask your sister what the highlights (and lowlights) were for her in Amsterdam and let me know. I will actually be in Utrecht for most of my stay. I have done a little research and we can feel most fortunate for where we live...and heres why-

Population density! The Netherlands - 1,000 people per square mile. the US? 80-some. Minnesota? 60-some. Let that sink in a bit. 1,000 people for every square mile. that includes lakes, rivers, roads, parks, etc. more than 16 times the density of people we have. In simple terms, for every person you see here, you would see 16 in The Netherlands! wow. And most of us live in rural MN or WI and our density is probably much lower yet! Kinda puts it into perspective, eh?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Tzone, you gotta ask your sister what the highlights (and lowlights) were for her in Amsterdam and let me know. I will actually be in Utrecht for most of my stay. I have done a little research and we can feel most fortunate for where we live...and heres why-

Population density! The Netherlands - 1,000 people per square mile. the US? 80-some. Minnesota? 60-some. Let that sink in a bit. 1,000 people for every square mile. that includes lakes, rivers, roads, parks, etc. more than 16 times the density of people we have. In simple terms, for every person you see here, you would see 16 in The Netherlands! wow. And most of us live in rural MN or WI and our density is probably much lower yet! Kinda puts it into perspective, eh?

Talk about road/sidewalk rage! smile Even in the low population density, ya have to figure there is at least one complete idiot out of every 10 people

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
When are you headed out. She's still there. I think she comes back next week sometime.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I leave March thirty-oneth. or 31st if you prefer!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The old plow truck had to get a new set of locking hubs tonight. The old ones were slipping.

There is a certain mechanic that will not be too impressed with the lockout choice, but I was limited on what I could find locally. I just found out after work that we need the plow truck to rescue a large fish house off of lake of the woods tomorrow for cap'n bangflop.

[Linked Image]

Those are the standard OEM style WARN locking hubs... Couldn't find milemarkers on the way home or warn premium.

frown

But these damn sure lock up tight inside so we'll have 4 wheel drive tomorrow when we need it.

Something clever here.

Page 883 of 1,842 1 2 881 882 883 884 885 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (160user, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,278
Posts18,486,741
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.