Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Ok, so I am musing a bit here. I have this AR and i really like it, but I am not in love (see note at bottom regarding sights)
[Linked Image]
At the same time, I have been having a serious hankering for one of several types of firearms, so I am just musing & maybe considering a trade? Gun is a Surplus Arms & Ammo lower. trigger pull has been polished just a shade and is about 4-5 pounds, very nice, and has a 4-position stock tube. Upper is a DSA mid-length upper, all nitride coated, Bbl. is 16" 1:9 twist. Complete OD MOE treatment, as you can see. Also I have removed that scope/sight setup, and replaced it with a folding backup rear, and a Primary Arms Micro-Dot:
this is the very rear sight - http://www.amazon.com/NcStar-AR15-Flip-Rear-Sight/dp/B004SI65LS
this is the very dot - https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Micro_Dot_With_Kill_Flash_PA_Ris_p/md08pariserbundle.htm
If you look on youtube, you will see that this is a surprisingly rugged little sight! Gun has 1-2 30rd aluminum mags. Can go with/without sight or mag(s), depending on the deal.
OK...so what am I looking for in trade?
BAR
BLR
Remmy 760 / 7600
GSG carbine
Colt Light Rifle in '06 or 270 (non-magnum much preferred)
Savage Striker (YEAH!)
Super Blackhawk Hunter or similar, preferred scoped
Redhawk (non-Super model) Hunter, preferred scoped
I have a number in my head I feel the gun is worth. depending on the deal struck depends on how it hashes out, but very willing to here out your ideas
Anyhow, it's a thought. Give me yours, thanks!

SORRY ABOUT ONLY HAVING THISPIC READY/ON FILE - I CAN GET MORE AND POST IF THERE IS INTEREST

Last edited by iambrb; 03/08/12.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
GB1

iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
afternoon bump

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
bump

_
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
What kind of dollar figure would you put on it? It would kind of give an idea of what your expecting...

thanks,

joe

Providing digital marketing services for startups & small-to-midsize companies - including website design/hosting, videography and editing.

www.jolinmedia.com
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by jolintaxidermy
What kind of dollar figure would you put on it? It would kind of give an idea of what your expecting...

thanks,

joe

I'm waiting to hear this.

IC B2

iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
$550 to $650, again, depending. Most of the trade stuff I have listed there sells at pretty close to that

_
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Surely someone has something from that list for possible trade..........

_
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Is the consensus that it is a fair amount for this?

_
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
bump

_
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
.223?

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.
No guns. No peace. No safety.

IC B3

iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

_
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I have a few for your consideration. Worst you can say is no thanks....or a bump....:)
1... weatherby vanguard in 300 wsm.......boyds black laminate stock and custom weatherby rings.
2...Savage 16 weather warrior....7mm-08......custom black laminate stock from a local gun shop....stainless
3...Savage 14 classic in 270 wsm blued with classic walnut both high gloss....
Let me know if you might be interested in anything....

iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hi guys,

Took her out and shot her this afternoon. I REALLY appreciate all the communication, but I think I will just hang onto to what I got.

Thanks and all the best

Last edited by iambrb; 03/10/12.

_

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (222Sako, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 160user, 1badf350, 45 invisible), 17,454 guests, and 1,376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,934
Posts18,539,197
Members74,051
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.