Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thinking of taking a couple days and go down to Seattle to see the Zoo, been doing a search for cheap motels, need to be smoking as wife is a smoker, ones we have found do not seem to be in good places according to reviews, so anybody know one close to the zoo, but in a decent area?
Not planning on taking fifth wheel for such a short trip.
I guess it would not hurt to be further out and drive in.
Just thought I would throw it out for those that may live in that area.
Then come summer will take two weeks near end of July and take the fifth wheel up to our shuswap area, going to stay at a place called Blind Bay Resort.
Still trying to decide if I want to try tow this 26 foot one up the Coquihalla, or not.
First trip for it was to our Osoyoos, Rock Creek area, last summer.
That was up our Hwy 3.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Go to Seattle craigslist and look there. Why would you need a hotel if you already have a fith wheel trailer house? Most trailer people are self contained and smoke right in their trailers like the gal on tv. She smokes like a feind in her trailer without a problem.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Partsman
Thinking of taking a couple days and go down to Seattle to see the Zoo, been doing a search for cheap motels, need to be smoking as wife is a smoker, ones we have found do not seem to be in good places according to reviews, so anybody know one close to the zoo, but in a decent area?
Not planning on taking fifth wheel for such a short trip.
I guess it would not hurt to be further out and drive in.
Just thought I would throw it out for those that may live in that area.
Then come summer will take two weeks near end of July and take the fifth wheel up to our shuswap area, going to stay at a place called Blind Bay Resort.
Still trying to decide if I want to try tow this 26 foot one up the Coquihalla, or not.
First trip for it was to our Osoyoos, Rock Creek area, last summer.
That was up our Hwy 3.

Go see the Tacoma Zoo at Pt. Defiance also.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Go downtown Seattle and stand on any corner....or, find a Starbuck's and kick back. You won't believe what you'll see.

All American

All the time
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Stan V
Go downtown Seattle and stand on any corner....or, find a Starbuck's and kick back. You won't believe what you'll see.

Probably quite entertaining, or maybe even scary.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sorry, Cannot help you on that side of the sound but I would meet you at the Seattle ferry dock for coffee.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Stan V
+1 on this! The last time we were in the Starbucks on the corner across from the Pike Place Market my kids were flabbergasted by the guy standing outside with a sign that said, "I'm not gonna lie, I just need some money to buy weed."

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
So looks like the closest outback steak house is Kirkland, will have to check it out, maybe try red lobster also.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the Aquarium down by Pikes Place Market is pretty cool aswell and worth seeing......was hoping to be back in Seattle next month but looks like that may be falling through.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
The Seattle library is one of the coolest buildings in the state. It will blow your mind. Take some time to see it.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Partsman---Seattle is a cool town, evnen if it ain't my speed, but Outback and Red lobster should be at the bottom of your long list.

Try Poppy, Triangle, Icon Grill or various other Bistros. Stay away from chains.my .02

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
there is a Irish Pub down by Pike Place in an alley a block or so in the direction away from the water thats damn good eats......one of the best pastey's ive ever had.....

im not a big city fan but Seattle is one of the neatest ones ive visited and one of the few i want to go back to.....would also take ScottF up on his offer for coffee, he is good company, the wife and i spent most of a day with him and his lovely wife....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rattler
there is a Irish Pub down by Pike Place in an alley a block or so in the direction away from the water thats damn good eats......one of the best pastey....

Owl and Thistle?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kells

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I suggest walking around the market and finding a place to eat. Lots of unique places. Stop by the french bakery in the market and you will not be disappointed. Other than the market, stay away from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Hit up the shopping district on 4th-7th. Pacific Place also has a lot of good places to eat plus parking should you need it.

If you plan to stay in Kirkland, avoid HWY-520 with the tolls. You may want to check out the possibilities of staying in lynnwood, Edmonds or Everett. A bus ride away from Seattle and likely cheaper.

As for people watching downtown, I suggest the Starbucks on the corner of 3rd and Pine. Somewhat safe and an interesting crowd. Ask me how I know.....

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well we are here staying at the Days Inn at 9100 Aurora avenue north.

Now, does anybody remember where the Outback was that Waders parents owned?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Careful, bad area. There is no Outback around there. There is one in Bellevue.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I ate at F.X. McRory's in Seattle one time. It had great beef and a "wall of bourbon". It was by the Superdome.

I wonder if it's still there?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Still there, it's in Pioneer Square, it was the Kingdome not the superdome, any way it was imploded 10 years ago. smile

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yes, this does not look like the best area, but it is close to the Zoo and that is the main thing we are going to, plus we are only 41 miles back I believe to Cabellas.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,538 guests, and 1,390 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,558
Posts18,473,081
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.