Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by RAS
I will probably be there 'again' in about a year or less so all this is on my mind.

I bet. How could it not? Not sure what you'll be doing there, but here's hoping hard for you to do your thing and get home safe and sound, whatever it is. May the time goes by swiftly and easily for you.

If you are military, thank you for your service.

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
I'd say this soldier is more likely to end up in a mental institution.

I've been to Afghanistan one time, only stayed on the ground for about an hour and a half or so. A bigger $hithole I can't imagine in the world. We had two soldiers riding with us, great kids that I talked with for a bit on the way down. One was on his third tour through Afghanistan, the other his second. When they got off the plane they were there for the next six months without leaving they said. I couldn't imagine being stuck in that hellhole for six days, muchless the next six months.

For all of those calling for this soldier's execution I'll echo the sentiments of those that say F**k You! This guy was over there for one reason, because YOUR country sent him there. He was over there fighting for YOUR lazy asses so you could sit in America behind your china made computer and spout your noxious BS. You don't know what drove him to do this, my guess is he just snapped, but whatever the reason he is still a soldier of the U.S. and deserves respect and due process.

I fully support the troops, and I have family overseas.

He willingly joined the military, and for what reasons we will not know.

Being a soldier does not excuse you from being a piece of s**t. I had trouble with a member of the military at a wedding that told everyone that they did not know just who he was; he was like Rambo and was going to slit all of our throats. I would still like to knock some decency and respect into him (= Example of a POS).

I am sure that most members of the military are good people, but there are also a few bad ones. All said everybody deserves a fair trial.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by nsaqam

Does the military still execute those convicted of murder?
I don't know and that's why I'm asking.

yes, UCMJ Art. 113 provides for death or life imprisonment for murder.

Thanks Steve.
Do you know if the execution option has been used by our military recently?

there have been no executions of US military personnel since 1961, but the possibility is still there.

According to Wikipedia (google "Capital punishment by the United States military"0

"On July 28, 2008, President George W. Bush approved the execution of United States Army Private Ronald A. Gray, who had been convicted in April 1988 of multiple murders and rapes. A month later, Secretary of the Army Pete Geren set an execution date of December 10, 2008 and ordered that Gray be put to death by lethal injection at the Federal Correctional Complex, Terre Haute. The military publicly released Gray's execution date on November 20, 2008. On November 26, however, Gray was granted a stay of execution. He has not yet been executed as of 2012.[3]".

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
An Army major goes ballistic and kills. He was a black muslim. He gets treated with kid gloves. To this day he is living the lap of luxury at you guys expense. Makes you get all warm and fuzzy doesn't it.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
nits turn in lice. walk a mile in his shoes before you hang the guy.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by coyote58
nits turn in lice. walk a mile in his shoes before you hang the guy.

It doesn't matter what he walked, it is not okay to murder women and children because you had a bad life or whatever.

That guy that murdered the people on the base here? Does whatever hardships he had make what he did okay?

We deal with an enemy who's religion can condone behavior like this, but only when talking radical terrorist groups who call themselves representatives of this religion, it's not the mainstream. People who start condoning and making excuses for behavior like this are nothing better than that radical group of our society, no different.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
More rumours. It seems a drunken group of servicemen were involved and this guy is now 'acting alone'.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Probably wont know the whole story for some time.As soon as this story went public that soldiers chain of command went into (International Incident)mode.Azzholes are puckered and career preservation is probably at the top of the priority list for some right now.I doubt this soldier acted completely alone.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A court martial will be set. The decision will be made at the presidents level before it ever is started. The members will be selected to render that decision. If any members does not follow the instructions they receive their military career is over. It will be a kangaroo court.

Unless he somehow "suicides" in his cell.

All lives are expendable for the sake of political power and agenda. Military lives are given no more consideration than killing a flea. That more true for the ranks of soldier and sailor.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by GotAmmo
Not saying what this guy did was right but we will never know the real story.
Not right at all. They're demanding justice. I can't blame 'em in this case.. Would we not demand the same if some Islamist walked into a crowd here and killed a bunch?
Lets just get all our boys home and out of this mess
Today, if possible.. Let's get OUT of that hell-hole called the Middle East..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Muslims over there have NO problem killing women and children on a daily basis...be they Afghanis or any other nationality..

but they will freak when it is done by American soldiers regardless of reason...there are dual standards..

the only ones that really have a right for an opinion on this subject in my book are the guys who have had to serve over there.. and know what our Soldiers are being exposed to and having to deal with..

those of us that have not been there are just speculating from the comfort of our living room..

its a tragedy of what has happened... but women, kids, grandpas and grandmas getting killed over there are an every day incident...if Al Quida members did this, it wouldn't be on the headlines 48 hours later...it would be a third page blip...

sorry, guess my orientation was put into my head, before I was 10 yrs old...when a close family member was sent to Korea with the first Marines from Japan in 1950...

he hadn't been in country 24 hours, when he was put on guard duty with a young Korean soldier... both were 18 or so...they were guarding an ammo dump on a hill top, that was due to either be blown up or moved, depending on the status with the advancing North Koreans...

as the sun went down, an old woman pushing a bike loaded with baskets approached them, the Korean yelled for her to stop several times... she looked up and then down and kept approaching...finally the Korean was going to shoot her... Bob freaked and knocked the Korean down... they both fought while this old woman approached... the Korean got the best of my Bob, and finally got a chance to get a burst off out of his Garand..

it hit the old woman with the bike.... as a huge explosion went off...a week later, another Korean shot an 8 yr old girl very close to them... she also blew sky high...

what he learned and passed on to me... when you are in another country, you are in their world and their rules..." you're not in Kansas any more".. so to speak..

I can only speculate also the stress and strain that our boys have to deal with every day of their tours over there...

all I know, is I don't consider the life of one of our boys over there, worth the entire population of Afghanistan.. men women children all...I'm not an Afghan.. I am an American...

by the Grace of God I have not had to see combat.. but I was trained extensively to deal with the Medical ramifications of combat environments.. from physical to psychological.. of our troops in harms way...during my time in the military..

with what goes on over there, I am surprised this hasn't happened before this... it shows what mental and emotional resolve our soldiers maintain..

and if one of our guys or several of our guys went off the deep end and are responsible for this, then I don't think there is much doubt on what drove them to this...

Like anyone, I feel for the victims and the families that have had this tragedy thrown into their lives...but I have no sympathies for Afghanistan as a whole...

how many people over there would happily love to have the opportunity to do the exact same thing, to American soldiers or American families....

and if they did, the mainstream media would have a totally different perspective on it..

like how they report our troops 'deserve' to be killed by Afghanis for Korans being burned.... who are supposedly on OUR sided......while something like this is 'beyond belief'....

I am sure that this or those soldiers responsible for the tragedy, are reacting to guys who have shot at or killed our own soldiers over this Koran burning...

in my youth, I have been around Vietnam Vets who came home with a 'life is cheap' attitude after being in Vietnam... and it took years for them to re-adapt to the sanity and safety of our streets after spending so much time in an insane environment, that you couldn't trust your safety and well being when in the presence of kids, grandmas, grandpas, women from another culture...

every soldier we have over there is a walking bulls-eye to these people...

the opinion of those that have had their assses on the line are the one's that most have the right to an opinion on this subject...

sure the story isn't very pretty, but you know the media is milking this for all the mileage they can get out of it.. for both ratings and the homage and pilgrimage to the world of politically correctness..

now I'll don my flak jacket, my helmet and my fire retardant suit... so my fellow stateside forums members can flame away at my 'blasphemy'......

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Yet another reason the USA needs to cut and run.
Leave the fuggers to their own desert.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Old men sending young men into war has been going on for centuries, but only since world war II have we been sending soldiers into war zones to win the hearts and minds, rather than winning the war.
But since this sets back the battle to win their hearts and minds, he shuld be hung by the neck.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Sadly we will many more troops as a result of his actions, regardless of the reason.

He should be given whatever punishment the UCMJ directs.

The first thing tho is to get him the hell out of there asap.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If George Patton were president, he'd get a cigar, a promotion and a trip home...to a hero's welcome...

of course if Patton had been president at the time, we would have been in Iraq and Afghanistan for about 90 days, the problem would have been solved.. and those people would still have their fannies hurting and hoping they didn't piss off the USA again...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For one, the guy completely snapped. War has a way of doing that to a man after seeing too much. He's a shoo-in for the laughing academy. Just an observation here. I have long noticed how a lot of guys advocate getting out and turning the place into glass. I see a lot of others in agreement with that. ONE man kills a bunch and suddenly a lot of them express outrage. Is it the personal nature of the killing that shocks?? Bombs and shells kill indiscriminately and in larger numbers without provoking the outrage expressed here. It does appear that looking at the faces of the killed makes a difference. Everybody is calling for this guys head on a pike. What he needs is a lifetime residence at a nuthouse.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe he just decide it was payback for the killing of Americans over the burning of the Toilet Book

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Some of you are sick fricks. I'm not going to comment on why the guy did what he did, or even what should happen to him. I'm just going to point out that these were children who were apparently deliberately murdered, some of them in their beds. Come on, that is horrible. Whatever you think about the Afghanis, Muslims, or whatever, these were kids, no different than your own children and grandchildren. These kids are no more responsible for anything or guilty of anything than your own children or grandchildren are responsible for the stock market crash.

Last edited by Cossatotjoe_redux; 03/12/12.
E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I don't think anybody really knows what happened or why just yet. We need to let the Army shake this out and get the facts. I, for one, will not judge this man.
As to being in Afganistan, I am thinking we've been there too long now.
This was not directed at anyone in particular.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
If George Patton were president, he'd get a cigar, a promotion and a trip home...to a hero's welcome...

of course if Patton had been president at the time, we would have been in Iraq and Afghanistan for about 90 days, the problem would have been solved.. and those people would still have their fannies hurting and hoping they didn't piss off the USA again...
........+1

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

189 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 338rcm, 2UP, 10Glocks, 18 invisible), 2,017 guests, and 856 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,980
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.