Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

The Tail Goes Along With The Hide.

We should have picked our own cotton.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who's gonna bring the popcorn, this thread is gonna get good.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BigOldDave, that one looks real familier, everything except for the price!

Gene
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Was watching that one, damn that's a pile of money. First 22hp EG I have seen on auction, seller must want enough to fill up his truck

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by billy336
Was watching that one, damn that's a pile of money. First 22hp EG I have seen on auction, seller must want enough to fill up his truck

Ralph's gun?????? Can't see it.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
D
Made in 1936, SS# 365xxx, 22" barrel, uncheckered, condition mint to new, no wear, this is one rare gun, second one I've seen in 40 years, rare caliber in standard model, this is a must have for serious collectors. $100 shipping in hard case, contact Ralph at with questions.
[Linked Image]

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
D
Here you go Joe....
[Linked Image]

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Very fine rifle, and a first model EG at that. I had not seen it before. It seems we know who has it and we even recognize some of the bidders. Anyone know what it would take to own this rifle?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by boltman
Very fine rifle, and a first model EG at that. Anyone know what it would take to own this rifle?

Money,,,,,,,LOTS of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND IMO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a lack of common sense............. crazy crazy crazy

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Can you say: "HYPER-INFLATION" !!!

God is pursuing you America ---turn around!
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've sure got to agree with you on that. If nearly $7500 won't take it, my interest is for entertainment purposes. Heck, for three times $7500 I could have bought one of Wes Adams nicer Bullards wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hate to be a realist, but we've all heard it before. I was born with nothing, and I will die with nothing. If you NEED money and selling a gun is how you choose to get your money than do it. I'd be willing to bet Ralph doesn't NEED money. If his guns are a hobby, that's one thing. If guns are his business, that's another. Put the damn gun at auction. Either start it low and take what you get, or open it with the least you will sell it for and be done with it. I'll be willing to bet that when the grim reaper pays him a visit, he will be surrounded with his guns and more likely than not, they'll end up in an auction anyway. Until then, it's just a game. crazy crazy crazy

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
His gun, he can do what ever he wants. Frankly, I think it is foolish to bid on one of these reserved auctions. That guy obviously is looking for fool's money.

Give me land, lots of land, under starry skies above. Don't fence me in.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
I hate to be a realist, but we've all heard it before. I was born with nothing, and I will die with nothing. If you NEED money and selling a gun is how you choose to get your money than do it. I'd be willing to bet Ralph doesn't NEED money. If his guns are a hobby, that's one thing. If guns are his business, that's another. Put the damn gun at auction. Either start it low and take what you get, or open it with the least you will sell it for and be done with it. I'll be willing to bet that when the grim reaper pays him a visit, he will be surrounded with his guns and more likely than not, they'll end up in an auction anyway. Until then, it's just a game. crazy crazy crazy

Steve, I'm taking your comments to mean that when the grim reaper arrives he's not going to pause and say, "what - you took a mint .22HP EG out to shoot a deer?" wink smile

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
...And if you reply 'yes', then he'll put you on the express elevator, going 'up'!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When the grim reaper comes for me, he'll take one look and toss me in the land fill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin Hell, I'd take ANY gun hunting. grin grin They were ALL virgins ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Its not like its a mint K or a 1895, those show up with some frequency compared to high condition solid frame 22hp. I wonder if it has a take down barrel.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I wonder if more of these will turn up now that there's a buzz going. I'm kind of surprised that ersatz rarities- well done fakes that would even fool some 'experts'- haven't appeared. The recent glut of M1C's and D's, and 03A4 sniper rifles comes to mind- probably more of them extant than were ever produced at the arsenals.

I think now more than ever it behooves one to research the gun even more if one is contemplating spending a small fortune on a rarity.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 03/14/12.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
If Ralph and others didn't put there rifles up for auction...what would we have to debate/bitch/complain/contemplate/dream/etc. about?

"There is an ass for every seat!"

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 160user, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 3,199 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,435
Posts18,528,621
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.