Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
He's coming to Seattle for a visit tomorrow, who's seen him play?

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
We have, here in Packer's country.. He's good.. You'll like this guy..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, saw him play against Detroit last season and the guy can throw. Seattle would do good to sign this guy.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Just found this. He's seems to pick up blitzes and has a nice touch.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
He has broken a couple records at Green Bay.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Familiar with him off the field here in GB, great guy,hard worker....but he wouldn t be surrounded by like talent there. He will need much help to look like he did in those games with the Pack.

1/504 PIR
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Get him some help and he'll have a really good chance. He has the tools to get the job done. He can't do it alone though.

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Being a Tiger fan from Baton Rouge, I have seen quite a bit of him. Coming out of college, he was a hard worker, smart player, made the right reads, was able to move around some to keep out of trouble. The knock on him was that he didn't have the best arm strength. It seems like that has gotten quite a bit better since he has been in the pros. He was also a good leader on that 2007 NC team.

okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
He went to LSU ?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I for one,don't get the hype surrounding Flynn. He wasn't spectacular in college and hasn't done [bleep] in the pros.

His "breakout" game was against a pretty bad Lions defense. Tim Tebow could have thrown all those TD passes against the Lions.

This is going to turn out to be Kevin Kolb 2.0

He'll get paid a huge amount of money and once he is out of the GB system,he'll be a flop.

Book it!

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
jeez....did he knock up your girlfriend or something?

he only started one year in college....and won the national championship.

he's been playing behind one of the two or three best QBs in the game at GB.

what exactly would you like him to do?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
<sigh>

What SteveNO said, dood.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mossy
I for one,don't get the hype surrounding Flynn. He wasn't spectacular in college and hasn't done [bleep] in the pros.

His "breakout" game was against a pretty bad Lions defense. Tim Tebow could have thrown all those TD passes against the Lions.

He'll get paid a huge amount of money and once he is out of the GB system,he'll be a flop.

Book it!

Well considering there wasn't another QB who put up numbers like Flynn did against Detroit - he's did more last year than ANYONE against a play off team. Brees didn't come close to what Flynn did against D. Detroit held the Chargers to 11 points the week before. People seem to think Rivers is a decent QB.

Put talent around Flynn and he'll be a winner for you. He's performed at a VERY high level against NFL defenses which is more than anyone can say about ANY QB in this years draft.

He didn't have 1/2 the talent Jamarcuss Russel had at LSU but won a National Championship where JM couldn't.

He's also had a few years of some of the best QB coaching in the league. McCarthy runs a QB school every summer - basics, stuff guys don't work on because "they're NFL QB's" - Flynn's attended and improved.

Surround him with talent - he'll be a top 15 type QB for sure.

Me

okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Steve, how did you like him in college?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Book it!

Fact.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Except for the fact that Kolb never put up numbers as good as Flynn and Kolb was on a team (Eagles) that isn't exactly what I'd call a great place to become better as a player.

They don't draft and develop - they buy.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Book it!

Clueless..I wont even waste my time...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I always wondered why he never got much credit in college for what he did. Everyone kept saying he wasn't too good and I kept watching him make big plays and win games. Go figure.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Wathed a lot of LSU ball. Never impressive but never made mistakes. They did not ask him to do a whole lot. He is smart and will make the right decesions. He is an upgrade over everythign Seattle has. Jackson just does not seem to get it. Has teh tools, but not the brains. Like Teal said, he will be a game manager that can wiin a few for you and will not loose any. He will not be the star, but with talent around him has the potential to play a long time. Make him make plays and all bets are off.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

he only started one year in college....and won the national championship.

what exactly would you like him to do?

So he won a NC,big friggin' deal. There have been a lot of QBs that won a NC and never did [bleep] in the NFL.

Secondly,thats exactly my point. He hasn't done ANYTHING in the NFL but the hype around him is crazy. Two starts in 4 years and people think he is the second coming of Tom Brady.

If a team could get him for a decent price thats one thing. He has been so hyped up someone will pay him way more than he deserves (Kevin Kolb)and the chances he lives up to the money he is going to get is slim.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 163bc, 45 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,238
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.