Hop To
Page 2 of 33 1 2 3 4 32 33
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Hey, At least I tried to make it sound believable.

Last edited by eyeball; 03/14/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
You cannot mate an ass with an ape (untill brobam, anyway) and get another creature. But a mutation makes another critter (man) and it produced more men by mating with what? -an ape?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Evolution, or something like it, took place over spans of time best described as "geological".

The human mind can't grasp time spans like that. To us, 20 years is a long time. 236 years makes for ancient history. 2012 years is practically the beginning of time.

There's a great demo of the way time passes and our inability to grasp it. A guy, scientist as it happens, is in a Porche. He's ripping down a racetrack that has a timeline of the world on it, in chalk or whatever, at 100 mph. As he does, he's talking, slowly, about the eras he's driving over. Finally, after quite a bit of this, he slams on the brakes and gets out. And there's all of human history at his feet... it's a few inches long if memory serves.

Given TIME in that sense, things can indeed morph and change. And they did.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Like my science teacher told our class..."Y'all may have come from monkeys. But I didn't!"

Steve

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Evolution, or something like it, took place over spans of time best described as "geological".

The human mind can't grasp time spans like that. To us, 20 years is a long time. 236 years makes for ancient history. 2012 years is practically the beginning of time.

There's a great demo of the way time passes and our inability to grasp it. A guy, scientist as it happens, is in a Porche. He's ripping down a racetrack that has a timeline of the world on it, in chalk or whatever, at 100 mph. As he does, he's talking, slowly, about the eras he's driving over. Finally, after quite a bit of this, he slams on the brakes and gets out. And there's all of human history at his feet... it's a few inches long if memory serves.

To anyone who's studied evolution, the objections are silly. It would be like you were a long time student of ancient Roman civilization, and a bunch of folks came along popularizing the idea that history actually only started in the year 1850, and insisted that all that stuff about ancient Rome is fiction designed to confuse people. Such a student wouldn't know where to begin with such people.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steven_CO
Like my science teacher told our class..."Y'all may have come from monkeys. But I didn't!"
That's the problem. That guy was allowed within a hundred yards of a high school science student.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by M77shooter
Good post. Nowhere does history record that a plant became an animal but still people believe. It takes so much more faith to believe in evolution than it does to believe in a Creator.

The history of mankind has shown that taking the easy way is always the best.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
To anyone who's studied evolution, the objections are silly. It would be like you were a long time student of ancient Roman civilization, and a bunch of folks came along popularizing the idea that history actually only started in the year 1850, and insisted that all that stuff about ancient Rome is fiction designed to confuse people. Such a student wouldn't know where to begin with such people.

But, if he were to add that the earth was created with the appearance of age at that time, you couldn't prove or disprove his theory.

Steve

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Your real "colors" are showing. For someone who professes the orthodox tenets of Christianity--you do don't you? Please ponder your exegetical rendering of Genesis chs 1-3 let alone how you approach to interpreting the scriptures. You are venturing off on a tangent not so much in promoting macroevolution (but, yes you are) but what is always amazing to me is the dogmatism in the face that science has promoted a boat load of "crap" in the last 120 years.

What you fail to perceive and also many others, is that evolution is not science; it is a dogma, "their" religion. And "they" cling to it all the while it is failing. You all need to much more demanding about what you believe and why.

IMHO of course grin

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Your real "colors" are showing. For someone who professes the orthodox tenets of Christianity--you do don't you? Please ponder your exegetical rendering of Genesis chs 1-3 let alone how you approach to interpreting the scriptures. You are venturing off on a tangent not so much in promoting macroevolution (but, yes you are) but what is always amazing to me is the dogmatism in the face that science has promoted a boat load of "crap" in the last 120 years.

What you fail to perceive and also many others, is that evolution is not science; it is a dogma, "their" religion. And "they" cling to it all the while it is failing. You all need to much more demanding about what you believe and why.

IMHO of course grin
There has never been a scientific theory better supported by the facts than that of evolution. To deny it is utterly silly. Like denying the earth orbits the sun.

IC B3

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
So let's see- then if asses screw apes for eons, then it will work? PS. Animal adaptation (smaller deer in the hill country from overcrowding) is not the same as evolutionary change.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

If I just scratched out the math right and didn't screw up a decimal, and given the emergence of life 3.8 billion years ago (a billion is a thousand million), and arbitrarily saying that recorded human history is 7000 years...

Then one way to visualize this is that a line that has 1" = 1 year will be over 60,000 miles long. That's how long life has existed. That's more than twice around the earth.

Human history is about 1/10th mile- that's roughly 160 yards.

And THAT is how slime begets humans.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by eyeball
So let's see- then if asses screw apes for eons, then it will work? PS. Animal adaptation (smaller deer in the hill country from overcrowding) is not the same as evolutionary change.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't be obtuse, eyeball.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

IMHO of course grin

You forgot the "leave politics out of belief" Believe what you want just leave beliefs out of the politics, try keeping it to what you know facts, not what you believe.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
My question for the "evolutionist" is where did the "spark of life" come from and if it just "happens" then what has kept it from "happening" again and again?

Or could it be that those gorillas/apes are just to ugly to cause a few more "offshoots" in the present day....

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Could it be that "Creation" is a continual and ongoing process rather than a one time event?

Could the "chain of being" be that "life creates life", and if one could go back to the beginning of the chain one would find God there?

Personally I don't see the theory of evolution conflicting with the existence of God, it only conflicts with the "stories" that were told about creation for thousands of years when human knowledge was in it's infancy and didn't quite understand the universe. Even now we still have a long way to go in that aspect.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We gonna solve this one again?

I've long thought that the theory of evolution is so controversial not because of what it says about the origins of man as what it says about the nature of a god who operates in such a manner. The theory of evolution is sweeping, majestic, operating on a time scale that could be called cosmic.

If a god is involved in this process, and I think there is one, then what this process reveals about god contradicts every known religion in the world... save Buddhism which in fact almost relies on evolution if you study it enough. The god of evolution does not inject himself into petty political arguments. He isn't jealous or prone to temper tantrums. He would find himself immune to homicidal rages attributed to him in religious texts. And he wouldn't give a good damn whether you believed in him or what you insist his proper name is. If he speaks at all it is in a whisper.

This I think is what makes people so mad. They want a god who thinks and acts like them. We don't like the way the real world god seems to operate. :p

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Well said Will!

At the very least, God's gift is life.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Steven_CO
That's the problem. That guy was allowed within a hundred yards of a high school science student.
You sound like a flaming liberal.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 2 of 33 1 2 3 4 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 10ring1, 53 invisible), 2,135 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,563
Posts18,531,649
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.