-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 32 33
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A long long time ago, people had FAITH in a Sun god. Or Tree god. Or a coyote shape shifter god.

And a long long time ago, the best scientific minds KNEW the earth was flat. And it was the center of the universe.

Good luck with this debate. Again.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by pira114
A long long time ago, people had FAITH in a Sun god. Or Tree god. Or a coyote shape shifter god.

And a long long time ago, the best scientific minds KNEW the earth was flat. And it was the center of the universe.

our arguments continue to evolve. this is an insightful post. thank you. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And THAT is how slime begets humans.

So since time is the hero if I start jumbing to the moon I will be able to do eventually because time allows the impossible to happen?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This appears you don't know the history of the Jewish Bible. Thousands of years ago they wrote the earth is round.

Also, seventeen times the Bible tells those who will learn God stretched out the heavens. The theory of the Big Bang is a Johnny-come-lately idea.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
There has never been a scientific theory better supported by the facts than that of evolution. ...

That statement could only be made with a lack of understanding of the physical sciences. Evolution cannot in any way, shape, or form be "better supported by the facts" than the laws of physics that can be demonstrated any day of the week in a physics or chemistry lab.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[/size][size:14pt]
Originally Posted by 243WSSM
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Your real "colors" are showing. For someone who professes the orthodox tenets of Christianity--you do don't you? Please ponder your exegetical rendering of Genesis chs 1-3 let alone how you approach to interpreting the scriptures. You are venturing off on a tangent not so much in promoting macroevolution (but, yes you are) but what is always amazing to me is the dogmatism in the face that science has promoted a boat load of "crap" in the last 120 years.

What you fail to perceive and also many others, is that evolution is not science; it is a dogma, "their" religion. And "they" cling to it all the while it is failing. You all need to much more demanding about what you believe and why.

IMHO of course grin

Don't think I was talking politics here. What facts would you like to begin with?

You forgot the "leave politics out of belief" Believe what you want just leave beliefs out of the politics, try keeping it to what you know facts, not what you believe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Curious; why would you think there "is one"?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Penguin
We gonna solve this one again?

I've long thought that the theory of evolution is so controversial not because of what it says about the origins of man as what it says about the nature of a god who operates in such a manner. The theory of evolution is sweeping, majestic, operating on a time scale that could be called cosmic.

If a god is involved in this process, and I think there is one, then what this process reveals about god contradicts every known religion in the world... save Buddhism which in fact almost relies on evolution if you study it enough. The god of evolution does not inject himself into petty political arguments. He isn't jealous or prone to temper tantrums. He would find himself immune to homicidal rages attributed to him in religious texts. And he wouldn't give a good damn whether you believed in him or what you insist his proper name is. If he speaks at all it is in a whisper.

This I think is what makes people so mad. They want a god who thinks and acts like them. We don't like the way the real world god seems to operate. :p

Will

Would you PLEASE run for president already?!

Well said.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Don't be obtuse, eyeball.
Yea, don't be obtuse, Lord. wink (you saw I winked, huh Lord?)

Last edited by eyeball; 03/14/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Bullschit, the Greeks figured out the earth was round via the position of the sun and earth 2300yrs ago. It was the ignorant heiarchy in the Church or Rome that disputed it.

Eternity is rooted in the breast of mankind, nature itself gives evidence that it didn't arise via its own power. To assert that those in the past searching without knowledge are to be disparaged, as a rationale for no faith in anything, is an utterly pointless arguement.

Then again, it does have a point. It is far more logical to assert that ALL religions are false, than to assert that all are true. They all make contradictory claims. They can no more all be true than we can all be Elvis Presley.

But if there is no God, then how did creation occur?

All you have to do is read the bullschit theory that is evolution of species, study the history of its proponents from its origins up until today, and you will have your answer.

IC B3

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
But, how come sometimes I just feel like monkeying around, Uh, and I like bananas too. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
You forgot the "leave politics out of belief" Believe what you want just leave beliefs out of the politics, try keeping it to what you know facts, not what you believe.

Such a statement denies that any real belief in anything becomes inseparable from self. The stronger the belief, the more it molds most areas of any life. This process makes us who we are. Don't you know that?

If you do, and because the belief you are singly concerned about regards the God of the Bible, essentially your belief is Christians should not be allowed to vote.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by eyeball
But, how come sometimes I just feel like monkeying around, Uh, and I like bananas too. wink
More Freud than Darwin, most likely.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Would you PLEASE run for president already?!

Well said.

Lol, I'd never pass muster in today's America. Take Lamour's description of Nolan Sackett and then give him a buzz cut. I'm way too ugly and mean looking to be president... senator maybe. :p

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

To your first point, religion is (on some level) pure kookery. Was then, is now, will be forever.

To your second point, the beauty of science is that it... uh... evolves. It's NOT dogma; it self-corrects.

To your third point, yes, this is a pointless debate. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So let's see- then if asses screw apes for eons, then it will work? PS. Animal adaptation (smaller deer in the hill country from overcrowding) is not the same as evolutionary change.
Have you ever made a serious effort to study evolution?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

To your first point, religion is (on some level) pure kookery. Was then, is now, will be forever.

To your second point, the beauty of science is that it... uh... evolves. It's NOT dogma; it self-corrects.

To your third point, yes, this is a pointless debate. smile

Wow! You touched on what many believe about the religion of atheism, it's kookery, science being wrong enough that even non-scientists recognize it and that you have no point in this debate.

Thanks. wink

Steve

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by lippygoathead
My question for the "evolutionist" is where did the "spark of life" come from and if it just "happens" then what has kept it from "happening" again and again?

Or could it be that those gorillas/apes are just to ugly to cause a few more "offshoots" in the present day....
Now you're asking about life's origin, which is not evolution. Different subject. Naturally, my answer to life's origin is that found in Genesis, i.e., God commanded the waters to bring forth all manner of living creatures, and it did as it was commanded. As to the process, that's unknown.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Steven_CO
Like my science teacher told our class..."Y'all may have come from monkeys. But I didn't!"
That's the problem. That guy was allowed within a hundred yards of a high school science student.
You sound like a flaming liberal.
Because I think high school science teachers should be required to understand the fundamentals of science??? If an economics teacher was teaching about why free markets are no good, and we need central planning and collectivism, I'd say the same about him.

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
So let's see- then if asses screw apes for eons, then it will work? PS. Animal adaptation (smaller deer in the hill country from overcrowding) is not the same as evolutionary change.
Have you ever made a serious effort to study evolution?
I got a "A" in comparative anatomy in Pre-med.

Last edited by eyeball; 03/14/12.

Page 3 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (5sdad, Akhutr, 673, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 1minute, 15 invisible), 1,580 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,866
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.