Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
T, I've been reading some dismal reviews of the RRA two stager and the trigger failing after even after as few as 500 rounds...thoughts?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hunt_ak
T, I've been reading some dismal reviews of the RRA two stager and the trigger failing after even after as few as 500 rounds...thoughts?

Baloney. I have 2 RRA and the triggers are excellent. In fact, I hear many people do nothing but compliment the RRA triggers. With a lieftime warranty, what's to worry about?

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Mine has got a lot more pulls than that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TWR
Now just being "mil spec" doesn't make it the best for every use. As a friend of mine reminds me of, it also can mean "low bid".

pretty much, there are plenty of coatings out there that are a hell of alot better than Mil-Spec....all Mil-Spec is, is a set of requirements.....those requirements can vary from the best of something to just adequate or even lowest of the low, low bidder......course depending on the part, adequate for the job can be just fine...

im not hung up on it other than for knowing things are interchangeable with it and if i step outside of it things might not be interchangeable anymore....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

There have been several reports on this and ADCO came up with the fix. The disconnector brad comes loose and turns it into an 8# trigger if it works at all. The fix is to remove the brad and replace it with a pin long enough that it can't come out cause it fits just inside the lower. You also have to cut the tails of the hammer spring so they clear the pin. Don't fret it as it's just the part hanging over the trigger pin.

I've ran several of them stock for more than a few rounds without issues but a look at the design and how some of mine have came, shows it can and does happen.

IC B2

A
archer Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
I'm not sure I'm convinced either way now. Looking for an AR that has good reputation, tough, accurate enough and will hold up over time. What manufacturers adhere to these factors? Willing to pay for quality just want to make sure it's worth the money and not marketing.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Noveske Rogue hunter is about as close to perfection for what I want in an AR.

I'm sure there's other options out there like LaRues PredatAR, Centurions SPR and a few others like Daniel Defense or you could go custom.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I heard a rumor of a contract with the country of Brazil but no hard facts. All I know there are no mid lenght barrels from my local gun guy. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
A
archer Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
It's been my recent experience that midlengths have been hard to come by as well...not sure as to the reason why though. Good info guys.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by TWR

There have been several reports on this and ADCO came up with the fix. The disconnector brad comes loose and turns it into an 8# trigger if it works at all. The fix is to remove the brad and replace it with a pin long enough that it can't come out cause it fits just inside the lower. You also have to cut the tails of the hammer spring so they clear the pin. Don't fret it as it's just the part hanging over the trigger pin.

I've ran several of them stock for more than a few rounds without issues but a look at the design and how some of mine have came, shows it can and does happen.

Is this their $99 match trigger that is failing or their standard trigger?

IC B3

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
This is the 2 stage National Match trigger.

The standard triggers, if left as issued, are about as reliable as they come but who wants a 7-10 pound trigger that breaks like pushing a brick off a concrete block?

It is a good trigger, even the famed KAC 2 stage is replaced after a few thousand rounds.

Last edited by TWR; 03/15/12.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks great pictures and description. I sent an email to adco asking them for a pn and price. The brad definitely has to go.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'd be curious to know what they say, when I inquired about this they were selling Geiselle triggers and didn't seem interested in working on these anymore.

I just went to a Fastenal store and picked up a bag of SS pins.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Same they told me they did it no more, recommended I send it back to RRA, I will get me some pins!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (7887mm08, 10Glocks, AussieGunWriter, 44mc, 35, 12 invisible), 1,377 guests, and 942 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,251
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.