Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Don't feel bad, I once sent McMillan my barreled action to match it up, and they messed it up anyway. I sent it back and they fixed it though.

HR IC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
I would contact Mickey immediately. They will make it right--if indeed it is wrong.

Yep....and they'll typically put you on the fast track as well....as a repair.

Yep.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Try it in another action. The stock might not be the problem.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Floorplate inletting is not for a BDL . Bolt handle inletting is too tight. Pretty obvious by the PIC. Send it back they will fix it.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yep, I would send it back. Pretty obvious they screwed it up.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would not mess with it. For $500 it should be right. Send it back, they will take care of you.

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who was praising the "precision inletting" and said there was no need to bed the action? laugh

Dave

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Send it back they Will take good care of you! I had the wrong color recoil pad on mine and messed the paint up whilst bedding. They took it back, paid shipping, swapped pad and even re-painted all for free. And the paint was my bad. I offered to pay but they said no we will take care of it.

It is a comfort to know that there are still companies around that place such a high value on customer service.

By the way I am ordering my 4th stock right now.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
NWO, did you order that stock through 24hr? If so what was your purchase order #?

Ryan Melancon
McMillan Fiberglass Stocks Inc.
Production Mgr
[email protected]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Without any hesitation, send it back!

WAR EAGLE!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ryan,
That stock was mine. If you remember i bought it as a blank and shipped direct to you.
Dave

PM incoming..

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
The stock is with McM and I'm just waiting to hear about it. Had it since Monday, no word yet. How long does it normally take to get a call?

So now for the whole story. I didn't want to say I didn't order it originally because it would turn into a pissing match about how I was lied to about what it was and have it turn ugly. Daveh bought it as a blank, as stated above, shipped it to McM for a Rem 700, LA, BDL, sporter - nothing else, nothing custom, simply factory.

According to Ryan the stock was made two years ago, but it had never been used and just sitting around. But knowing the original owner and purchaser, they know exactly what was ordered and McM did the work. For whatever reason Daveh didn't want it and I ended up with it, NIB.

Went back and forth with Ryan in PMs trying to figure out what it is along with additional photos. He said, "i've never seen a factory rem bdl f/p look that small in our inlet before. just so weird."

So I asked if he wanted me to send it in so they could look at it, and there we are. I'm glad they're looking at it and interested to hear back, whatever they conclude from it.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
No doubt whatsoever that Ryan will do whatever he can in his power to help. He is such a positive asset to McMillan, I hope they realize it.

Eddie Fosnaugh
www.fosnaughcustoms.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like eddief said, Ryan M. will get you squared away - he's a good guy!!

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Long story short, they addressed the bolt clearance issue and my gunsmith is going to fix the rest.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I thought about it and will let you know my experience with McMillan customer service.

I sent the stock in after Ryan had chatted with "Daveh" who originally ordered it. Dave forwarded Ryan their email conversation about exactly what was ordered. Ryan knew who originally ordered it and what was ordered before the stock ever got there.

Dave ordered the stock for a 700, SS, LA, BDL, 280, but because it shot so well with a Ti-takeoff he decided not to use the Hunter's Edge and it sat, completely unused for a little over a year.

After checking out the stock their bottom metal fit pretty well, but was a little deep. I guess there is quite a difference between theirs and mine, not faulting them for that. They did address the bolt clearance issue. The recoil lug was not cut for standard, it was cut for a .300" recoil lug which explains the extra space. When Ryan first told me this I didn't have a problem with it because my 'smith can bed it and fix it up.

What I have a big problem with was when Ryan knew exactly who ordered it, exactly when the work was ordered, and exactly what was ordered, he sent me a message saying the stock was over three years old when the email clearly showed December 22, 2010 - not too long over a year ago. Then he said, "Whoever first ordered this stock ordered a .300� recoil lug cut out."

Really??? Whoever ordered it? You know damn well who ordered it. Ordered it with a .300" recoil lug cut out? Again, you know exactly what was ordered and it is right there in the emails Dave forwarded and you already talked to him about it all. Then his suggestion was to have my 'smith bed it and it will take care of everything.

The stock, to me, was not the issue which Ryan knows because the day before Dave sent me all the emails I was fine with it going to my gunsmith for work. I was pissed the next day when I saw everything stating exactly what was said, when it was said, and between the parties then Ryan acting like he didn't know any of that or was implying Dave lied about it to me.

Is that the customer service to expect from McMillan? That is my issue, not the stock.

If Ryan had just simply said they addressed the bolt clearance issue, their bottom metal fits fairly close and the difference must be from mine to theirs, but we messed up on the recoil lug and cut it wrong and apologize for that. We'd offer to bed it here, but we don't do anymore bedding services, but your gunsmith can fix all of these issues for you with a bedding job... I would have been perfectly happy and had no issues with McMillan and would still be ordering another stock from them later this year and who knows how many more in the future. Now, [bleep] no.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Apparently, I have nothing to do with this order, so I should probably keep my mouth shut, but I do want to say that in all my time dealing with Ryan, we're talking years and years, and probably thousands of stocks, he has never given me any kind of a runaround. He's a straight shooter.

One other note: Do you realize how many stock orders Ryan is juggling at any one time?

My take on this is that Ryan is swamped, and it's a misunderstanding.

I'll bow out now.

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
No, you had no hand with the stock. Misunderstanings happen, mistakes happen, I get that and why I wasn't upset about the stock itself. But it took about half a dozen emails for him to say they might have messed up and apologize 'if' they did, after a bunch of avoidance and dodging the facts when he had no reason to. He knows I wasn't asking for anything because I didn't. It's not like I wanted them to make me a new stock, keep that one and give me something else, one made as ordered. Nothing at all like that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I almost bought one of those carbon Edge blanks when Ed Brown company was selling them on EBay for like $200. Then I checked with Ryan on the cost to inlet it for my rifle and decided it was not worth the effort as compared to just ordering one through Rick.

Could it be possible that Dave bought the blank from Brown and not directly from McMillan? If so, the stock may be 3 years old as you don't know how long it was sitting at Brown.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the stock was not what you were lead to believe it was, you would have done well to return it to the seller who in turn could have worked with McMillan on a solution.

McMillan owes you nothing...

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10Glocks, 22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,976
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.