-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
might try Pepcid AC......sometimes helps for skin reactions to allergies....definitely works for contact stuff for people allergic to weeds and such(exwife and daughters are horribly so which is how i found out about it) not sure how it will work for hives but sure shouldnt hurt you....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by logcutter
It's funny how one med works for some and not others.Benadryl does nothing for me but Zyrtec does..Go figure.I have gone through every over the counter med plus prescribed high does and nothing but the shot(needle) worked and it only worked for four hours prior to Zantc for the lower histamine and some wash(sedative-anti Hist) that knocked me out for the upper..

For itching,pickle juice and/or vinegar do about as well as the Corti steroid creams..

Man,I am at a loss..Thanks for the info....

Jayco
you tried loratadine?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
BGG,

Funny you should mention this.

I don't have chronic hives......but have had 2 minor attacks in the last several months.

Yesterday had a bad attack with them alllllll over me. They didn't hurt or itch, fortunately. Did a bunch of research on the web yesterday. Took a shower and changed into clean clothes. Today they are mostly gone.

Also have had upper lip swelling, yesterday included. One day a couple months ago I could hardly talk and looked like a [bleep]. Takes a day for it to go away.

Evidently.........I've developed an allergy to something. I know the spiders here in this place have been eating the schitt outta me at night. That may be the cause. Food, pollen and insect bites. Eaten anything new lately??

Unfortunately don't have any direct help for you, BGG. But I certainly do sympathize with you.

The members of this forum are pretty good with offering medical advice. Keep this thread alive and you may very well find help.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
4th grade spelling bee caused the worst case I ever had! Many folks talked about rolling me naked in the snow as a cure! Lucky for me we didn't have any snow at the time!

Hope you whoop them, they do suck!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 243WSSM
Originally Posted by eyeball (G21)
So, you laugh at someone who has a medical problem and indicate that should keep them out of politics? Hypocrite bullschitt.

You need to pay attention to when people are saying something with a sense of humor, you're wrapped a bit too tight. smile

The person I said that to seemed to take it like I meant it.

Otherwise I have offered helpful and serious advice.

I agree whole heartedly. Strange i took it that way that day. Please pardon me. I cant believe i meant it that way. frown

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by rattler
might try Pepcid AC......sometimes helps for skin reactions to allergies....definitely works for contact stuff for people allergic to weeds and such(exwife and daughters are horribly so which is how i found out about it) not sure how it will work for hives but sure shouldnt hurt you....
!
This^^^ for sure. I have stated several times before about the benefits of H2 inhibitors like famotidine or cimetadine (sp) I treating severe allergies.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I'm bumping this thread to keep the ideas coming. I've been battling phoning hives something fierce this last week and trying to find answers.

Mid-March, same time frame as your last complaint in 2012.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
drink plenty of beer and loose women... guarantee cure all or at least you'll forget about for awhile.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
P
PVT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by add
I'm bumping this thread to keep the ideas coming. I've been battling phoning hives something fierce this last week and trying to find answers.

Mid-March, same time frame as your last complaint in 2012.

Tax season? Seriously though, I broke out in hives one semester in college when I took 21 hours, had a job, officer in a club, and had a girlfriend. Stress was the cause. After that semester, never had em again. Broke out in shingles ( lousy with chickenpox as a child ) during the election of 2008. Stress again.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Went to the doc when they first showed up in '12. Medical care in this town is worse than a joke, since I've been here I've always heard if you can survive the trip go to Great Falls. And my experiences personal and through friends and family bear this out. Anyways, the PA I saw just blew me off and said take anti-histamines it's just seasonal allergies. In the last 3 years they've been sporadic. Nothing I can tie them to. Mid-winter, spring, summer, fall, inside, outside, makes no difference. Been through all the things I can think of, soaps, detergents, food. Nothing I have done has made a difference. Up till now they've just been an annoyance, take some benadryl and they go away, sometimes needing 2 doses but I just kinda gave up.

This time however it's different. I've had them non-stop for 4-5 days. From the soles of my feet and palms of my hands (those are the worst) to the top of my head. Literally every inch is a phoucing hive. Been in a benadryl haze since. Took almost 2 full doses for the itching to subside enough to get to sleep friday. Had a little trouble breathing, and my hands and feet have been swelling. Now my arms are getting fluid in them, like in the tricep area and above my elbow. WTF I'm an asthmatic so I'm pretty in tune with my breathing and I'm familiar with anaphylaxis which was my big fear when they first showed up.

Went in to a different PA today and go the same blasé treatment. I explained to him what was going on, and YES I've tried changing detergents, etc. He got a Dr to come in, and at least I got a referral to an allergist. Waiting to see how long that wait will be. I can't keep on this benadryl train, eventually my tolerance will build to the point it just won't work. So I got a script for 3 days worth of prednisone and an epic-pen.

I hate sharing personal schit on the 'net but this place is full of good folks who might have had the same thing, or might be a medical dude who can give me some pointers. So I figured what the hey eh?

MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
try the Pepcid AC, should know pretty quick if its gonna work....the system in place in the skin to cause allergic reactions like this is remarkably similar to the acid pumps in your stomache.....IIRC the girls were feeling alot better inside 2 hours of taking....if it will work in your case

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm already on omeprazol, don't need another pill messing with my stomach.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm already on omeprazol, don't need another pill messing with my stomach.

then feel free to keep suffering cause i have yet to see anything work aswell.....creams and such are a joke compared to it, the Pepcid actually works on the mechanism in the skin causeing the reaction, most anything else im aware of just tries to deal with the swelling and itching and not the source....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
thogh both Pepcid and omeprzol are for stomach acid, they work on different things Pepcid works on histamine H2 receptors which is also what causes the reaction in skin allergies....omeparzol only effective on active H+/K+ ATPase pumps

P
PVT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I think Doc had the best advice. A trip to an Internest may well be in order. Just to rule out some underlying issue. Maybe in Missoula?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Barring something crazy happening I'm going to give the allergist if GF a whirl, but if I'm not happy then I'll definitely be seeing a real doc in either Billings, or Missoula, or Kalispell. Wherever the phouc I can get decent treatment. This schit has got me going batty. And I'm riding the sobriety wagon, so life really sucks right now. grin

MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PVT
Maybe in Missoula?

Are you suggesting that pot may be the cure to this? wink

P
PVT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by SBH
Originally Posted by PVT
Maybe in Missoula?

From most members on the site, I would think that was meant as a joke. Having read most of your posts, I take that as a shot. So... GFY.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PVT
Originally Posted by SBH
Originally Posted by PVT
Maybe in Missoula?

From most members on the site, I would think that was meant as a joke. Having read most of your posts, I take that as a shot. So... GFY.

Relax PVT,

It was a joke. Notice the winky.......which I've learned the hard way to use more frequently on this forum.

I've spent some time in Missoula and Polson. What was the bar that sold the t-shirt "Liquor up Front....Poker in the Rear"? Is the Doolin Dalton Saloon still there?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by logcutter
I'm going to be brave here and ask how anyone that had "Chronic Hives" for over six months did to correct it?I first thought it was Plavix but it isn't after dropping it.

I have been to the doc three times in one week with the only answer that worked,Prednisone..Screw that, but I did try it and it worked for a few days.

Any idea's or experiences similar?

Jayco

Been there. last year was bad.

Benedryl at night. Loretadine days. ICE baths. Warm feels great for a bit but it stimulates the histamine response. Dont do heat. ICE cold submersion worked wonders.

Try to identify and avoid triggers.

Prednisone plain works, but it comes with many issues.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (300_savage, 2500HD, 79S, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 673, 14 invisible), 1,377 guests, and 855 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,449
Posts18,507,926
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.