-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I currently have four Rugers, one was bought new the others used. I had problems with a used single six and the new 10/22. I contacted Ruger and they fixed the problen at no charge on both guns. They also corrected some other problems I didn't know of at no charge. Before I spent money on a gunsmith I'd give Ruger a chance to fix thier mistake. Heck when I make a mistake I hope people will give me a chance to prove myself before they start to bad talk me!

Respect can not be given, It must be earned.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've read your other threads so I'm aware that you are having work done on your rifle. Regrding the "plastic wood" on your stainless rifle, could it be wood laminate? If so it should be more stable than a regular walnut stock.
<br>
<br>Regarding your accuracy problem, I don't remember if you mentioned trying different ammo. I tried many different loads in my rifle (I don't handload metallic cartridges) and in my rifle found a factory load that groups 1.25-1.5 MOA consistently, heck if I do my part I can get an inch, but 1.5 MOA in an unmodified factory rifle with factory ammo is acceptable to me.
<br>
<br>Bad rifles can be bought any day of the week from any manufacturer. I helped a customer deal with a Remington 7400 that refused to cycle. After twice sending it to the closest repair facility and not having the problem fixed he had a local gunsmith deal with it and sent a copy of the bill to Remington with a scathing letter I helped him write. I don't know if he ever got satisfaction, but he didn't return to let me know.
<br>
<br>As a dealer I had much better luck with Ruger's repair philosphy than any other manufacturer I had to deal with except Leupold.
<br>
<br>I hope you have good luck with your rifle(s) and get years of service from them.
<br>
<br>Bob
<br>

Last edited by Gunny_Bob; 05/20/02.

"This country, this world, the [human] race of which you and I are a part, is great at having consensuses that are in great error." Rep. John Dingell (D-MI)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have owned 3 of them. Two were the older style with "outsourced" barrels. They exhibited MOB (minute of Barn) accuracy.
<br>
<br>I have also owned a newer Model M77 synthetic (Boat paddle stock) and it wasn't very accurate either. It averaged right around 2.5" @ 100 yards, with the best groups hovering just under 2" at 100 yards.
<br>
<br>I have tried to get quite a few more of them to shoot with varing degrees of failure. Many on this forum had good luck with them and that's great; however, observing them for many years on the range has told me my problems are far from isolated.
<br>
<br>I will not deny that I hate everything about M77's, so you can say I am biased; however, this bias came from spending my hard earned cash on them, finding out they were duds for shooters and not getting any sympathy from Ruger. Ruger could care less about the accuracy of the gun, they just cared if it fed properly and went bang when the trigger was pulled.
<br>
<br>I do understand Ruger has improved their barrels, but I'm still not seeing many people shoot impressive groups with them. I think on average they are probably the most innaccurate of mass produced "out of the box" guns. That certainly does not mean I doubt anyone who claims theirs is a good shooter. One thing is for sure I see a lot more Savage 110's and 116's that shoot better than Ruger M77's do.
<br>
<br>Currently, the most innaccurate gun I own is another Ruger (M96/44) - however it's so handy and fast that I don't get rid of it. I get about 3" to 3 1/2" groups out of it at 100 yards and that's good enough for the type of hunting it does.
<br>
<br>I love their handguns though. I own 4 of them (all revolvers) and have only had problems with one, which Ruger replaced the 2nd time I sent it back.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,431 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,354
Posts18,527,058
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.