Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#6308244 03/19/12
Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
In a week or two it will be my turn to vote for the Republican nomination. Trying
to decide between Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney. Wish I felt better about it,
but if the vote was today I would be voting for the Massachusetts moderate.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Mitt gets some fair criticism. There are things I wish he hadn't done. But he is a very capable executive. Probably his most important campaign promise, and one that he will keep, is to appoint more Justices like Alito, Thomas, Scalia, and Roberts.

Be not weary in well doing.
Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
With a little more work Mitt Romney will be wrapping up the GOP nomination
before the convention. Not everyone at the 24CF buys or likes this theory.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I agree with denton regarding Supreme Court. If obama gets to replace Alito, Thomas, Scalia or Roberts we are in deep trouble. You could look for new 2nd Amendment cases to be rather quickly taken up. We will lose those cases. Idiots who ask what obama has done to take our guns ought to take a quick look at his appointments. Of course guns aren't the only issue. obama appointments will work to further destroy the Constitution at every opportunity. Al

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I'm a Ron Paul supporter, yet I realize Romney will be the nominee. Romney has lots of faults, but I honestly think he is a better candidate/potential president than McCain, Dole, or either Bush.

Romney pulled some liberal stances on social issues in the past, but I'm not worried about him doing that stuff as president. The important thing is the economy and he has a record of turning things around.

His support of TARP was stupid, but pretty much every politician on the right supported that (except Ron Paul of course)

Last edited by c86man3; 03/19/12.
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My guess is that Mitt will slowly expand his 280 delegate lead, coming out ahead more often than not, but not clinching it for a while. The place he's likely to go over the top is California...172 delegates, winner-take-all in each congressional district. Mitt leads by double digits in CA, and so might well take 120 there, which is enough if he pretty evenly splits everything between now and then.

He smashed Santorum 10:1 in Puerto Rico, and is leading in the polls in Illinois. I'm guessing he picks up 40 of Illinois' 69 delegates. Louisiana doesn't seem to have any polls that agree on a leader yet.

Be not weary in well doing.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by c86man3
Romney pulled some liberal stances on social issues in the past, but I'm not worried about him doing that stuff as president.

I'm very interested in hearing your thought process behind that statement. confused

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColdBore
Romney pulled some liberal stances on social issues in the past, but I'm not worried about him doing that stuff as president.

I'm very interested in hearing your thought process behind that statement. confused

That's analogous to saying that a leopard can change his spots.LOL.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotload
In a week or two it will be my turn to vote for the Republican nomination. Trying
to decide between Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney. Wish I felt better about it,
but if the vote was today I would be voting for the Massachusetts moderate.

The liberals in your state should applaud your choice.That is the candidate that all liberals want their messiah to run against,Obama and Obama light.

Without a dramatic contrast in their policies,the electorate will always choose the incumbent.

Communist Goals

27. Discredit the Bible.

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by denton
Mitt gets some fair criticism. There are things I wish he hadn't done. But he is a very capable executive. Probably his most important campaign promise, and one that he will keep, is to appoint more Justices like Alito, Thomas, Scalia, and Roberts.

Who told you that,a little fairy.What other so-called promises has he kept? Inquiring minds want to know.

Communist Goals

27. Discredit the Bible.

IC B3

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by acy
I agree with denton regarding Supreme Court. If obama gets to replace Alito, Thomas, Scalia or Roberts we are in deep trouble. You could look for new 2nd Amendment cases to be rather quickly taken up. We will lose those cases. Idiots who ask what obama has done to take our guns ought to take a quick look at his appointments. Of course guns aren't the only issue. obama appointments will work to further destroy the Constitution at every opportunity. Al

How in God's name could any president replace justices who are appointed for life?

Communist Goals

27. Discredit the Bible.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
there both lawyer's.....go ahead pull the triger... what bullet u using???

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by rte

That's analogous to saying that a leopard can change his spots.LOL.

That particular leopard has changed his spots whenever it is convenient.

I still don't understand how he is going to campaign against Obama, since he has shared Obama's views on the major issues before he opposed them.

As for the supreme court issue, will Romney nominate better supreme court justices than Santorum would? More likely he will nominate moderate justices to ensure they are not opposed like George H.W. Bush did.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rick Santorum is much more conservative. I'd vote for him.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sandman1

That particular leopard has changed his spots whenever it is convenient.

I still don't understand how he is going to campaign against Obama, since he has shared Obama's views on the major issues before he opposed them.

As for the supreme court issue, will Romney nominate better supreme court justices than Santorum would? More likely he will nominate moderate justices to ensure they are not opposed like George H.W. Bush did.

George H.W.Bush batted .500 on his Supreme Court nominations,Souter and Thomas.Unfortunately .500 is not good enough .

Communist Goals

27. Discredit the Bible.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by ColdBore

He was pro-abortion and signed a gun ban bill. BOTH are social issues that I heartily disagree with. I just don't worry about him doing those things as president. Abortion is a non-issue to me since I don't see it changing. The house and even the senate wouldn't sign onto a gun-ban even if Romney presented one.

Granted, I prefer Paul. Romney is far from perfect, but I believe he is slightly better than Gingrich and Santorum.

Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Swampman1
Rick Santorum is much more conservative. I'd vote for him.

Rick is a hard core, dyed-in-the wool conservative. In fact,
voters in Md still have 2 more weeks, and I think about Newt Gingrich.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1800topsoil, 160user, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 65 invisible), 2,529 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,686
Posts18,494,041
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.