Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
don't know anything about the facts of this particular case, but.....has there ever been a teenager of any color shot by anybody whose family didn't say he was a murdered innocent?

I give that zero weight in the equation.

I got an extra chuckle out of your comment and how much 'weight' you assign to the kids presumed innocence. Especially since it comes from an attorney...you'd be singin' a different tune if that family had you on retainer. wink

Have we done away with the premise of innocent until proven guilty? I suppose execute and determine guilt later works for some of the brainless bigots.

Chasing down someone that hasn't been seen or even accused of doing anything wrong then killing them is more than a bit suspect to rational thinking people not clouded by bigotry and racism.ymmv

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is pure ignorance to speculate based on what you can find to read about this or based on the Democratic Rabble Rousing machine.

I wish the best for this man who wants to live in a safe neighborhood, and I suspect the police made the right decission. I have seen the Federal Police state railroad people during my time at Pelican Bay State Prison, the truth won't stop themin their witch hunt, I am sure destroying the stand your ground law is their real purpose.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Have you listened to the 911 tapes siskiyou? They aren't part of the democrat rabble rousing machine too, are they?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
This is nothing to do with "stand your ground".

Zimmerman was instructed to stay in his car, and not to follow this kid. He chose to do otherwise, pursue this kid, and the situation devolved from there.

But, the media will try to twist this into something else so that little old ladies, college girls, elderly homeowners, or anyone else, cannot legally shoot their attackers.

Well let me throw a hypothetical at you.

You see a guy breaking into your car or your neighbors car. You yell at him and he runs off, would it be absolutely wrong to chase after him? If you caught up to him and he chose to attack you at that point, could you then percieve a situation possibly warranting deadly self defense? Just because one gives chase does not mean he has forfeited his right to self defense does it?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Zimmerman was instructed to stay in his car, and not to follow this kid. He chose to do otherwise,

I'm not making a case for guilt or innocence for this particular case, but in general, just because someone on the other end of a phone (LEO or whoever) instructs one to do something, does not automatically make doing otherwise illegal or wrong.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I guess Hispanics can be white?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/03/19/Sharpton-Martin-Media

If your Hispanic, work hard, become wealthy and move to a gated community you suddenly become white to the msm.

Last edited by Manic_Hunter; 03/19/12.

Here, hold my beer and watch this!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Baroff---If the KID doesn't have a weapon why would lethal force be justified?

Just because you chased him and got tuckered from the chase?

None of your hypothetical applies in this case other than a guy chased a young kid and killed him. PERHAPS if he'd witnessed a crime being committed and was in reasonable fear for his life but none of that happened.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FBI agent David Couvertier said the agency has been in contact with Sanford police and is monitoring the case.

Just a thought, If I as a white man was chased down and murdered in a black community, would the FBI even answer the phone? Would they have even the slightest interest?

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Zimmerman was instructed to stay in his car, and not to follow this kid. He chose to do otherwise, pursue this kid, and the situation devolved from there.

But, the media will try to twist this into something else so that little old ladies, college girls, elderly homeowners, or anyone else, cannot legally shoot their attackers.

You see a guy breaking into your car or your neighbors car. You yell at him and he runs off, would it be absolutely wrong to chase after him? If you caught up to him and he chose to attack you at that point, could you then percieve a situation possibly warranting deadly self defense? Just because one gives chase does not mean he has forfeited his right to self defense does it?

I don't know, not a lawyer. I suppose that would be for a jury to decide.

I'm saying Zimmerman was not merely standing his ground, he went in pursuit. Did the kid break any laws? I don't know, don't have the facts. Did Zimmerman have any legal authority to detain the kid? I don't know that either, but I doubt it. How did it turn into a lethal force situation? I don't know. Schitt went downhill somewhere along the line. I suppose a jury will have to listen to the case, and decide.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Castle doctrine don't follow you in pursuit.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Would it be absolutely wrong? I'd say it would be situational dependant. It may open you up for some liabilities though if someone gets hurt or killed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is no self-defense when you are the aggressor. He followed the kid and tried to keep him from leaving. They struggled, the kid fought back and he killed him.

It's a shame. Seems by all accounts he was a good kid...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tragedy!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Horrible

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Manic_Hunter

Certainly can, especially if they're originally from Cuba, many are 100 percent Spaniard.

One thing I have always wondered, are Basque-Americans considered Hispanic?

G
gbp Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
this has been going around for a few weeks now, and none of it sounds good for the shooter. i do not know all the details but hope that the truth prevails and those responsible meet justice.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Sagebrusher
Originally Posted by Manic_Hunter

Certainly can, especially if they're originally from Cuba, many are 100 percent Spaniard.

One thing I have always wondered, are Basque-Americans considered Hispanic?

Yes, they are, and are considered as such by affirmative action hiring. It's been my experience that Basque-Americans, in general, are somewhat bemused by this. I can't think of a more independent group that could care less personally about affirmative action.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw a news report this evening. I heard mention that is was a gated community, but there were way too many details missing from the report for one to even make a guess as to what transpired. Maybe you close in folks have more details.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In that scenario in FL, you would be classed as the aggressor and arrested. We have "Castle Doctrine and Stand your ground" but once you are the initiator of the disturbance you are outside the law.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Don't worry, I got tripped up on this too and I've been living and working in a 90% American Mexican setting for more'n twenty years grin

The confusion comes because in many if not most settings, here in America we use the term "Hispanic" as if it WERE a "race", even to the extent of having scholarships specifically for Hispanics.

Interesting thing is, I've worked with a kid who is the daughter of Spanish parents. She was adamant that she was "White" and not "Hispanic" in the American sense, even to the extent of not applying for such scholarships where she might have gotten money. Her parents were quite emphatic about this too, it seems the ORIGINAL Hispanics set themselves apart.

No biggie, when I was a kid in England we thought we were better than them OTHER folks who lived on the next street over, us being marginally less poor than them crazy

As for the rest of it, I was imagining the shooter in this case to be an older White guy, of the sort that does neighborhood watches in gated communities. Now it turns out that he weren't, and was a much younger man as well.

I expect this is gonna throw Jesse and Al for a loop grin

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,917 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,970
Posts18,519,709
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.