Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#6311652 03/19/12
A
AKHntr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I have always heard it said "Anyone can become President of the USofA".

Well, I do believe that is true. Who would have dreamed that a breed from the tiny country of kenya africa could be the most powerful man in world!
Basically it is Kenyan Power. Pretty wild isn't it.

GB1

A
AKHntr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Who would have ever dreamed your kids would be looking up to a kenyan?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Much as you talk about him, you must look up to him as well

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The crappie have been hittin minnows at about 5ft around here, water temps are up.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
More people are happy when he is on vacation...

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
The crappie have been hittin minnows at about 5ft around here, water temps are up.

Wow, your water must have warmed up about as quick as ours has down here. Was wondering how the fishing was further north of here. My buddy put out lines in the river Friday night, come Sat morning he had a 48 quart cooler full of catfish filets from one nights lines.... FULL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I like catching crappie on jigs myself, I hate fooling with minnows.

Dogwoods are just about ready to bloom here.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Never tried a jig actually, but haven't fished for crappies in probably 20 years... amazingly enough the last weekend of duck season here when we bring the airboat back to the dock on a local lake, often the trash has some really big filet remains in it from Crappie out of the creek we take back and forth to our hunting area.. I swear one day we will take rods and try it on the way back out....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stray round
I like catching crappie on jigs myself, I hate fooling with minnows.

Dogwoods are just about ready to bloom here.

We used to troll small jigs on 4-6 lb test line for crappies. Once we located a school we had the option to continue trolling the spot or stopping to jig 'em. Now I live too far North for crappies and I miss fishing for them.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's been 20f degrees above normal for almost two weeks and next few days still unseasonably warm. Been in the 80s last 4 days

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Went snagging for spoonbill saturday. Got a couple legal ones, the biggest being about 50 lbs. As it has been unseasonably warm this winter water didn't seem to be an issue.

"I love it. God help me I do love it so. I love it more than my life." -Patton
A
AKHntr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
The kenyan and his ho are eating lobster while you guys are dining on perch and bottomfeeder catfish. Too bad you can't afford to feed yourselves and them in like style! hahaha Worms, minnows, bottomfeeders????? hmmmm.......something you all have in common to talk about eh? hahahaha

A
AKHntr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
And the young kenyan is busting a gut on tacos and refried beans at a table set for a princess. hahahaha prepared by a mexican chef. All on your dimes.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Something that might actually be more fun than crappies is finding a nice bunch of bluegills on the bed but I haven't got any in several years.

Just something special about catching those colorful fish, especially on light line and rod.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by sam308
Went snagging for spoonbill saturday. Got a couple legal ones, the biggest being about 50 lbs. As it has been unseasonably warm this winter water didn't seem to be an issue.

Sam,

Do you make your own caviar?

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I haven't chased pure bluegills in years, we had coppernose in the tank until it went dry in the summer last year. All 20 feet deep of a 3 acre pond dry.. ugh...10 pound bass and crappie too...

So now its back to restock and spend too much money on the fish once again...I just hope the place we caught florida bass out of gravel pits didn't dry up last year too... that was a free source of big fish once we had the food chain working....

Used to drive dad nuts when we'd go to a lake.... They weren't bluegills but some other perch type with a tiny mouth... I'd have half a fish basket full to clean. Dad would help though, and boy did they always eat great.

A
AKHntr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
While you guys are fishing the kenyan is catching. hahaha you guys don't like to admit you have been outdone by a half black kenyan do you? hahahaha

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Gollum
My Precious! My Precious! My Precious! My Precious! My Precious! My Precious! My Precious! My Precious! My Precious! My Precious! My Precious! My Precious! My Precioussssss!

Back to the cave without a fish, you little old troll! smile

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by stray round
Something that might actually be more fun than crappies is finding a nice bunch of bluegills on the bed but I haven't got any in several years.

Just something special about catching those colorful fish, especially on light line and rod.

Stray Round,

I have two ponds on my place, both a little over an acre each and are stocked with bass, bluegills and a fish known as a "Goggle-Eye" or "Warmouth Perch".

In the spring of 2002, my Dad caught a bluegill in one of the ponds on a fly rod that measured 14"! It was released back into the pond after my Mom took a picture.
Since my Dad passed, we can't find the picture. frown

Bluegills on a 5wt flyrod using dry flies or poppers are my favorite! grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those Warmouth Perch are the same thing I grew up calling Rockbass, voracious feeders in the spring. My favorite eating fish are Walleye 1st, followed very closely by Yellow Perch.

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 74 invisible), 3,395 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,633
Posts18,533,253
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.