Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I have no clue why Carl walks around at night. They need to set it up so Carl attracts walkers to wherever they are going to live, hopefully the prison. You would think he would have learned his lesson with the Dale accident.

" Make it sizzle, make it rain"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSizzle
I agree with the 10/22 idea. They are quiet enough to not attract any walkers, and powerful enough to do enough damage to kill one too.
Ruger missed the mark with this one.

[Linked Image]

Effective range for sure headshots with this lets the zombies get too close for comfort. Plus, as everybody is acutely aware, at the mere hint of a zombie apocalypse (or a cloud passing over the sun) people hoard .380 ammo so it immediately disappears from the shelves.

A "Zombie Slayer" 10/22 edition would have been more appropriate. It could have included two 25 round "Zombie Special" magazines as part of the packaging. Throw in some glowing zombie green night sights and they wouldn't be able to make enough of them.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I haven't read through all the comments, but I guess I'll have to try and watch this weeks episode sometime.

As mentioned I just grew pretty tired of it and I've often wondered why they have/had such a hell of a time with vehicles and the few episodes where they're taking spark plugs outta cars on the interstate for spares?

1st, how hard would it be to find a decent motor home, rather than the old Winnebago they were having problems with?

How many of you have had a spark plug go bad on a vehicle in the last decade or two?

I'd probably also hole up on an Island as well

Anyways, agreed with the 10/22 comments.

Life is just one damned thing after another
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
What I don't get is how when Rick stabbed Shane, Shane's gun went off. But that didn't attract any walkers like Carls shot did. Or when Lorie stabbed the walker in the R.V. with a screwdriver, the other walkers didn't hear her screams and come attack her. Or when T- Dog cut his arm on the car, then Shane killed the walker that was going to attack him, then covered their bodies with other dead walkers, the walkers didn't smell them over the scent of the dead walkers.

" Make it sizzle, make it rain"
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Rick Stabbing Shane and the gun going off DID attract the walkers. The walkers heard Lori was giving it out like free samples at the farmhouse... LoL

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
What i never understood is they're in rural Georgia and dont have a good supply of weapons and ammo?

And they run out of gas? Get a box van load it with drums. Cut a trap door in the floor. Park over where the tanks are filled and take a electric auto fuel pump and run a hose into the stations tanks and fill your barrels.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Move to a island

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The whole apocalypse is never really explained. from the look of the highways and hospital, tanks in the street, etc., I gather it took a while to develop with rioting and possibly martial law eventually declared. Widespread panic and evacuations were the order of the day.

As we have seen in other stressful situation, like a Democratic president elected*, people will clean out store shelves for any reason. Heck, it only took a few hours to clean local store shelves of rice after some rumor got out that there might be a shortage of it.

Probably not much left to pick over by the time the start of the series covered.

*okay, okay, a zombie apocalypse may not be as frightening as electing the current President, I used the analogy for comparison only.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No...a zombie apocalypse pretty much is more frightening than some pittle d*ck election.....just sayin.

Yup.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bucktales
With all the dead soldiers in season 1, you would think they would have grabbed their weapons and ammo instead of the mishmash of guns they have now.

Finally! I was waiting for that comment to post. With all that hardware around, including several APCs and M-1 TANKS fro chrissakes, they could have had one hell of a good time setting up a perimeter defense of that farm instead of trying with that obviously we-have-no-clue-about-guns Hollywood types. I mean all that stoopid biotch had for a weapon was a snub nosed five shot 38.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
But!! She can hit a moving zombie in the head perfectly at 50 yards with it! Beware of the chic with just one gun! LoL

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The book "World War Z" by Max Brookes does a better job of explaining how the zombies overcome modern militaries.

The zombies horde up by the thousands, even millions, and keep coming no matter what if they aren't hit in the head. They don't get frightened, they don't lose heart, they just keep coming. So, while artillery bombardments, tanks, and airplanes kill hundreds and thousands, they don't dive for cover like humans would, they just keep coming. And eventually, everybody runs out of ammo and the positions get overrun.

In that book the American military eventually completely overhauled its way of thinking and fielded small caliber semi-automatic rifles and basically advanced in a single line of soldiers all the way across the country clearing it out as they went.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I also don't understand why these zombies are such a big threat. They move slow, and do not have weapons. In Dawn of the Dead, those zombies are really fast. On Walking Dead, they are slow, so worse case scenario you could just run.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I also don't understand why these zombies are such a big threat. They move slow, and do not have weapons. In Dawn of the Dead, those zombies are really fast. On Walking Dead, they are slow, so worse case scenario you could just run.

Because there are million upon millions of them them and they never rest.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I've seen every version of these zombie movies and none of them have zombies that run. There were some in this show that did run but there were only a handful. BUt I couldn't help notice how they tend to move a bit faster when they have someone to eat. If they all ran, this group of people would all be dead and then we wouldn't have any one to criticize.

I was glad when Rick whacked Shane, that guy was a loose cannon and not much of a friend to Rick either. He shot Hershels son without even thinking about it just so he could get away and be the big hero by bringing meds for Carl. Rick is turning badass and does what he has to for the group, hopefully he doesn't turn into some sort of raging dictator. From watching other zombie movies I figured that once you died, you would come back a zombie so I thought that was pretty much a given and didn't see it as some big secret. Looking forward to next season.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

I've seen every version of these zombie movies and none of them have zombies that run.

You have obviously not watched Dawn of the Dead, the newer version. Those zombies could run track. In the sequel, they could even cross deep water.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For those that think spear and maces would be good for zombies, I suggest you watch this episode of Deadliest Warrior! You might change your mind. wink

http://www.spike.com/full-episodes/q7bq0v/deadliest-warrior-vampires-vs-zombies-season-3-ep-310

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You have obviously not watched Dawn of the Dead, the newer version. Those zombies could run track. In the sequel, they could even cross deep water.

I have watched all of them, matter of fact I have them, I dig Zombie Movies and Books, I look at them as prep guides for when the Dhimmis finally decide to grow balls. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your right, I haven't watched the remake of DOTD. Let me rephrase that, I've watched all the original zombie movies and the only remake ive seen was NOLD. I thought that one sucked so bad that I would never watch a remake again.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ah c'mon, any Zombie Connoisseur must watch the remakes so you can properly critique what they did wrong. grin

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 06hunter59, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 66 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,302
Posts18,487,100
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.