Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by bucktales
With all the dead soldiers in season 1, you would think they would have grabbed their weapons and ammo instead of the mishmash of guns they have now.

Finally! I was waiting for that comment to post. With all that hardware around, including several APCs and M-1 TANKS fro chrissakes, they could have had one hell of a good time setting up a perimeter defense of that farm instead of trying with that obviously we-have-no-clue-about-guns Hollywood types. I mean all that stoopid biotch had for a weapon was a snub nosed five shot 38.

I bet the crew in that prison did just that...

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I picked up a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide and my son and I read it on our road trip last weekend. It is very entertaining and provides some pretty useful tips regarding a failed society type scenario.

Travis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is a neat book, I have it in epub format.

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I also don't understand why these zombies are such a big threat. They move slow, and do not have weapons. In Dawn of the Dead, those zombies are really fast. On Walking Dead, they are slow, so worse case scenario you could just run.
I also don't get why they're so strong. They can apparently tear open your abdomen with their fingers with one motion and start eating once they get hold of you.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I also don't understand why these zombies are such a big threat. They move slow, and do not have weapons. In Dawn of the Dead, those zombies are really fast. On Walking Dead, they are slow, so worse case scenario you could just run.
I also don't get why they're so strong. They can apparently tear open your abdomen with their fingers with one motion and start eating once they get hold of you.

Humans only use a fraction of their strength. The brain keeps us from using it all in order to keep us from harming ourselves. The zombie is merely a functioning brain stem. It uses all the strength a human can bring to bear.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

I've seen every version of these zombie movies and none of them have zombies that run.

You have obviously not watched Dawn of the Dead, the newer version.
Yep. And the zombies in 28 Days Later were even faster runners.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Your right, I haven't watched the remake of DOTD. Let me rephrase that, I've watched all the original zombie movies and the only remake ive seen was NOLD. I thought that one sucked so bad that I would never watch a remake again.
There were two Dawn of the Dead movies. The remake was many times better than the original on several levels. Both are good, though.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You guys sure this isn't an RP thread???

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe_redux

Humans only use a fraction of their strength. The brain keeps us from using it all in order to keep us from harming ourselves. The zombie is merely a functioning brain stem. It uses all the strength a human can bring to bear.

So

How long will it take them to decay?

Once the organs stop functioning... the brain stem will go

Will the zombies just die off?

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
I really don't think we will see Merle again.

Think again Les. wink

http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/tv-cast/michael-rooker-returning-to-the-walking-dead-in-season-3/

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by temmi

So

How long will it take them to decay?

Once the organs stop functioning... the brain stem will go

Will the zombies just die off?
In the series they discussed the possibility of the coming winter killing them off, i.e., freezing solid should stop their brain stem function.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your right, I haven't watched the remake of DOTD. Let me rephrase that, I've watched all the original zombie movies and the only remake ive seen was NOLD. I thought that one sucked so bad that I would never watch a remake again.
There were two Dawn of the Dead movies. The remake was many times better than the original on several levels. Both are good, though.

I know there were 2 DOTD movies but after watching a crappy remake of NOLD there's no way i'll watch anymore remakes. What can I say, i'm a zombie snob. wink

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Was the helicoptor in the very beginning of the finale a flashback? I didn't figure that one out.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
No. It means there's more people out there.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ok time to call a spade a spade...

[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Didn't know that about Travis.

MAGA
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by duckster
Was the helicoptor in the very beginning of the finale a flashback? I didn't figure that one out.
It was likely the same helicopter Rick saw in the first episode, but it wasn't a flashback. They were showing what caused the herd of walkers to start walking in the direction of the farm, a series of random events that started with them hearing and seeing the helicopter.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That is what I thought, that it was real time and had recently occured to start those walkers moving.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Ok time to call a spade a spade...

[Linked Image]

The black helicopter isn't laughing. Now go buy some gold.

Travis

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

458 members (10ring1, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 16gage, 58 invisible), 2,586 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,173
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.