Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Couldn't have been the black helicopter, it made noise!!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I asked someone why the zombies don't decay, and just turn into mush. I was told they don't decay. Then I asked, then why are they all decayed looking? Seems like they most certainly are rotting away, and I assume they smell awful. Seems like if you could survive long enough, they would all be piles of bones eventually.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by temmi
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe_redux
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I also don't understand why these zombies are such a big threat. They move slow, and do not have weapons. In Dawn of the Dead, those zombies are really fast. On Walking Dead, they are slow, so worse case scenario you could just run.
I also don't get why they're so strong. They can apparently tear open your abdomen with their fingers with one motion and start eating once they get hold of you.

Humans only use a fraction of their strength. The brain keeps us from using it all in order to keep us from harming ourselves. The zombie is merely a functioning brain stem. It uses all the strength a human can bring to bear.

So

How long will it take them to decay?

Once the organs stop functioning... the brain stem will go

Will the zombies just die off?

The zombie is already dead. None of the organs function at all. In "World War Z" it was known that through some unknown process the brainstem was able to work and control the body, but the body was not alive. They could never isolate the agent causing the infection and theorized that it could be a virus or even a prion and that possibly, it took over the brainstem and utilized the nervous system to control the body, but they weren't sure how since the body was technically dead.

Also, in "World War Z" the agent of infection, be it virus, prion, or something else was very toxic. Zombie flesh was toxic. Dogs or other animals that bit or tried to feed on zombies, invariably died. This toxicity greatly retarded decay so that zombies were around for years, even decades if the conditions were right.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The zombie is already dead. None of the organs function at all. In "World War Z" it was known that through some unknown process the brainstem was able to work and control the body, but the body was not alive. They could never isolate the agent causing the infection and theorized that it could be a virus or even a prion and that possibly, it took over the brainstem and utilized the nervous system to control the body, but they weren't sure how since the body was technically dead.

Also, in "World War Z" the agent of infection, be it virus, prion, or something else was very toxic. Zombie flesh was toxic. Dogs or other animals that bit or tried to feed on zombies, invariably died. This toxicity greatly retarded decay so that zombies were around for years, even decades if the conditions were right.

amazing the chit you learn on here crazy grin

that said i got my brother WWZ for Christmas, gonna have to borrow it....

Last edited by rattler; 03/20/12.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If none of the organs function why does the zombie need to eat human flesh? Or cow flesh or whatever like TWD zombies do.

I guess the thing, virus, whatever it is, needs some minimal energy to keep the brain stem functioning and even if the organs are dead the muscles still need oxygen to provide energy to function, but then we circle right back around to � if the stomach and digestive system don�t work then why bother to eat anything at all?

And if, like the majority of zombies, they find nothing to eat for weeks and weeks and weeks, how do they keep walking around?

I guess one just needs to accept that fact that zombies just are, there is no logical explanation for them.

So, back to more pressing questions. How many rolls of toilet paper do you think Herschel had stashed on his farm? How about soap or toothpaste or baking soda in lieu of toothpaste? I know why those women on the show aren�t all pregnant, they stink to high heaven, don�t have tampons or douche, have bad breath and haven�t shaved their legs in weeks.

DAMN those zombies! Oh, the humanity... cry

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I imagine zombie turds are not too nice to be around either. haha

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Know what else cracked me up? They kept going back and forth to the store in town? Yet they have horses and vehicles. Just clear the [bleep] place in one shot you dolts.

No more explaining of zombies. You guys are [bleep] up the fun of zombies.

Travis

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If none of the organs function why does the zombie need to eat human flesh? Or cow flesh or whatever like TWD zombies do.

No one knows, except in "World War Z" they theorized that it was more like a parasite/host relatioship with the zombie virus (or whatever it was) killing the body, then taking it over, and using it as a means of spreading. Thus, the reason the zombie eats is to bite and it bites to spread the infection. But the food wasn't digested. In the novel it was common to see zombies walking around with a pantload of rotten meat that literally got pushed through their systems as they kept packing it in. It wasn't digested, it just got pushed through.

And no, they didn't need to eat to survive. Lock a dozen zombies in a room who were trying to eat you, come back in two years, open the door, and a dozen zombies come out of the room trying to eat you. It made house clearing a real adventure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No one knows, except in "World War Z" they theorized that it was more like a parasite/host relatioship with the zombie virus (or whatever it was) killing the body, then taking it over, and using it as a means of spreading. Thus, the reason the zombie eats is to bite and it bites to spread the infection. But the food wasn't digested. In the novel it was common to see zombies walking around with a pantload of rotten meat that literally got pushed through their systems as they kept packing it in. It wasn't digested, it just got pushed through.

And no, they didn't need to eat to survive. Lock a dozen zombies in a room who were trying to eat you, come back in two years, open the door, and a dozen zombies come out of the room trying to eat you. It made house clearing a real adventure.

How does that work

Things will decay and come apart

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

How does that work

Snake

Already said that zombies are toxic and decay is greatly slowed as a result. Since bacteria can't live on zombie flesh, they basically have to disintegrate over years, maybe decades.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

How does that work

Snake

Already said that zombies are toxic and decay is greatly slowed as a result. Since bacteria can't live on zombie flesh, they basically have to disintegrate over years, maybe decades.

Thanks

I hate zombies

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler
[Linked Image]

I'm with you!

Dammit, however they get around and whatever motivates�em, we better have a zombie apocalypse or complete financial meltdown or something, anything, to get those mindless hordes moving.

I�d hate to think I�ve been buying hi-cap pistols and hoarding reloading supplies for nuthin�!

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Great poster!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Onliest thang better than a 10/22 with a few BX-25s is an SR-22 with an AAC suppressor, TacSol bbl, Jard trigger, Aimpoint Micro, SF Scoutlight, a lotta BX-25s and a few cases of CCI subsonics.

Call it a Herd Harvester!

Deputy Rick would know where the Class III collectors in his town lived...

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If the series remains true to the 'Comic' series, at least concerning deaths, Lori will die.

Wait for the prison in the next season.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lots of walkers showing up around here already. Walmarts and county Democratic headquarters' are full of them. You can see them every day. They line up at the welfare offices for their meals thus far.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steelhead
If the series remains true to the 'Comic' series, at least concerning deaths, Lori will die.

Wait for the prison in the next season.

Thank God... Or zombies, whichever.

Travis

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Or to the rocky mts..

" Make it sizzle, make it rain"
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Why don't they just use high powered crossbows like Darrel if they're all that good of shots.

" Make it sizzle, make it rain"
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 25classic, 59 invisible), 2,696 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,296
Posts18,487,032
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.