Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Sagebrusher
Originally Posted by Manic_Hunter
I guess Hispanics can be white?

Certainly can, especially if they're originally from Cuba, many are 100 percent Spaniard.

One thing I have always wondered, are Basque-Americans considered Hispanic?

i don't think they would be to a basque

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by okok
How about we wait until all the facts are released, then we can hash it out.

Fat chance!!

What ya wanta do, take all the spirit out of it?? whistle

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Carry on....

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
don't know anything about the facts of this particular case, but.....has there ever been a teenager of any color shot by anybody whose family didn't say he was a murdered innocent?

I give that zero weight in the equation.

I got an extra chuckle out of your comment and how much 'weight' you assign to the kids presumed innocence. Especially since it comes from an attorney...you'd be singin' a different tune if that family had you on retainer. wink

Have we done away with the premise of innocent until proven guilty? I suppose execute and determine guilt later works for some of the brainless bigots.

Chasing down someone that hasn't been seen or even accused of doing anything wrong then killing them is more than a bit suspect to rational thinking people not clouded by bigotry and racism.ymmv

Pot-kettle-black. Clearly, you've already determined guilt since you were there and saw it all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A kid gets shot, and the issue isn't a kid getting shot, but whether or not the shooter is a racist or not. GMAFB

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sagebrusher
Originally Posted by Manic_Hunter
I guess Hispanics can be white?

Certainly can, especially if they're originally from Cuba, many are 100 percent Spaniard.

One thing I have always wondered, are Basque-Americans considered Hispanic?

Around here they're considered Merino-Americans... whistle

I know...that was Baaaaahh...baaaaahhhh...baaaahhhhhD wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Actually, considering the general GRIM tone tonight, I'd say that was Superb !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nah, he was just trying to pull the wool over your eyes...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So far I have pretty much stayed away from this issue online and by actual word as I did not know a lot of the facts of the issue.
I can more than understand people wanting a full investigation to get this thing settled.
However in the last few days it has become absolutely clear to me this has now become a political agenda and is gaining a lot of traction by black activist,anti gun and anti NRA types,and there is a swell of lynch mob attitudes being directed at Zimmerman who may or may not be guilty of homicide.
Point in case.
Last night driving home I tuned into NPR(keep your enemies close) and just happened to listen to a Congressperson that supposedly represents that area.
Her name was Corrine Brown.
This woman had incrdedibly poor grammar and was quite convinced this was a hate crime based on the fact that Zimmerman followed this guy,and of course he's white.
Of course the NPR host did not question this assertion or even press this Congressperson to put forth valid reasons for this charge,which carries a lot of legal weight for the Feds.
Also this so called representative is on the band wagon like so many others in the news media that are claiming the police told him not to persue this guy when in fact it was nothing more than a low paid 911 operator instructing him who Zimmerman was under no obligation legally to follow that persons instructions.
I dont know if this guy murdered this kid or not but it's quite clear even if this guy did this in self defense these people will still want him sent to prison.
Get ready as this has now become the lefts new run on guns,concealed carry,Castle Doctrine laws,and Stand your ground laws.
Incoming!!

Last edited by Texas Hunter; 03/21/12.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
I firmly believe Trayvon's constitutional rights were violated.
There's a right not to be murdered? Isn't that just inferred?

I thought that right was in the Ten Commandments. I could be wrong.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't care if the anti-gun contingent are using this as an assault on the castle doctrine or not.

There is simple way to nullify that: Do what is right and cut this man loose.

If even half of what has been made public is correct this Zimmerman fellow needs to swing. In no way does what he did qualify for self defense or pity from the Pro 2nd Amendment segment. He pursued a young man who was on his way home, apparently, from a trip to the convenience store. Yakking on the phone to his girlfriend. Some self appointed Mall Ninja type runs him down, causes a confrontation, and then pulls out a gun and shoots him?

And I'm supposed to defend this loser because I own and possess a gun?

There may indeed be more to the story. But for me to have one ounce of empathy for Zimmerman there is going to have to be more. Much more. At this point of the process he has given the world not one iota of evidence that he is anything more than a self important jackass whose own bullying caused the death of another man.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't think there is MUCH empathy for this guy at least not from my overall impression. The problem is with part of what you say as in "half of what has been said." There are always two sides to every story and while I agree it looks BAD and this guy should swing-ON WHAT HAS BEEN PRESENTED, the fact remains the police did not arrest him and thus we should wait for all the facts to come out. As to your comment you are supposed to defend this loser because you own a gun I don't think applies. The concern is that this ONE incident if indeed turns out the be the guy acted improperly should not be used as a singular issue to abrogate the Castle Doctrine. If he is found guilty of wrongdoing, the doctrine does not apply, therefore any efforts mounted to get rid of it are invalid.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
100% spot on Penguin! It confounds me that anyone would take Zimmermans side but some see it as a Black and White issue (literally and figuratively) which is a dam shame.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
100% spot on Penguin! It confounds me that anyone would take Zimmermans side but some see it as a Black and White issue (literally and figuratively) which is a dam shame.

And of course you are saying this without even knowing all the facts.
Right.
I guess the police did not arrest him because he's a white guy.
I certainly am not siding with Zimmerman but it's pretty plain to me a lot of people want his head without knowing all the facts.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The guy will get his chance at trial to tell his side of the story, but from what we know right now, it doesn't look good for him.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They may indeed want his head without the facts.

But he ain't getting any sympathy from me without providing some facts and a compelling reason for acting as he did. Our default setting as responsible gun owners should not be to jump in and defend someone just because he owns a gun and shot someone in an altercation.

The motives and reasons of those who are after this guys hide should have no bearing on our actions. None. And the facts on the ground don't give us anything to lay hands on. Zimmerman will have to provide such facts, assuming he can, before we should defend him. And just having another story is not good enough. We know for a fact he pursued an unarmed man down and then in the ensuing confrontation shot and killed him. There will have to be some pretty hefty reasons for acting as he did.

Until he provides some believable evidence to the contrary I maintain that he is on his own.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Texashunter--- My opinion is based upon what I know from reading and listening and regardless of how you feel I'm allowed my opinion.

I also have a dam good track record of seeing that if the majority of Texans feel a certain way I'll choose the opposite and almost always am correct. wink

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There are approximately 50 murders a day in this country. Not homocides...murders. This one is truly mundane compared to most. What's the difference?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Since the terms pursue and also I have seen else where chased is being used since Zimmerman was originally in his vehicle I guess he had a legal right to drive down a public street.
I will say getting out of his vehicle was not smart.
And that fact might ultimately do him in.
But does anyone here know that after getting out of his vehicle that he pursued or chased this kid??
Or at that point after getting out of the vehicle did he engage the kid in a questioning conversation??

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Texas Hunter

And of course you are saying this without even knowing all the facts.
Right.
I guess the police did not arrest him because he's a white guy.
I certainly am not siding with Zimmerman but it's pretty plain to me a lot of people want his head without knowing all the facts.

Unbelievable. I guess I should have shot everyone that provoked a fight with me in grade school and High school . Damn them all. 911 operator told him not to pursue him, he ignored that. He pursues the kid and harasses him into a fight. He then shoots the kid because he got punched in the nose? He threatened him with his bag of skittles ? Those are the facts and Zimmerman should give his revolver a blow job because that is what he deserves. Forget the black/white issue for a second, forget the handgun issue and use common sense.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

417 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 51 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,184
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.