Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The entire thread was deleted by Rick.
<br>
<br>Let's just say it didn't work out.
<br>
<br>Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I guess the thread was coming apart at the seams?[Linked Image]

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rick:
<br>
<br>Most unfortunate that her offer was deleted. She is getting some action on two other forums so there is some interest elsewhere if not here. *( And she received a gracious welcome on those forums ). I understand that she has now booked about 14 clients and she is past "breakeven". Many are hunters who have already hunted Africa 5 or 6 times.
<br>
<br>Bargains do not come frequently and "he who hesitates is lost". It won't come again. When it is gone, it is gone. The prices are very, very competitive and the animals will all be shot by "foreigners" or local South Africans. Understood that many simply cannot afford even these prices but at least the offer was made to "Americans" as well as others.
<br>
<br>Here is her Email and website if anyone wants to take a "look see" at this part of the world.
<br>
<br>Andrea:
<br>
<br>hunting@phalaborwa.net
<br>
<br>www.phalaborwa.net
<br>

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
William, it's not exactly what it seemed, get some references of past hunters from her and see for yourself. The few guys who have done the research found this out from what I was told.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
I think all Forum Members, me included, are now very curious to know what have been discovered on me, or on my offer of a "no frills African Safari" (I never used the word "cheap").
<br>
<br>I also think it is reasonable for me to ask those guys that "have done the research" to come forward with their names and share their findings with all of us.
<br>
<br>Regards to you all

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Beware of deals "too good to be true"...
<br>because they usually are... I have learned this the hard
<br>way a few times myself...

Those that would trade freedom for security, deserve neither freedom or security.
Thanks for defining my offer "too good to be true". It is interesting to note that the most of the people that have booked so far have been already hunting in South Africa a few times. All what their where interested was the name of the outfitter. Having checked his credential they booked the hunt. Nothing magic about my prices, due to a good Hunting Ranch turning to agricolture in a few month time. Daily and trophy fees will be raised as soon my commitment is covered.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Andrea:
<br>
<br>I regret seeing the negativism in the posts above.
<br>
<br>I hope all is going well with your bookings.
<br>
<br>Best Regards:
<br>
<br>Bill Tibbe

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well - I guess the proof is in the pudding, isn't it?
<br>
<br>http://www.serveroptions.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003622#000007
<br>
<br>And there are photos at Andrea's site of the kills. They are located in the Guest Book section.
<br>
<br>"He who hesitates is lost".!
<br>
<br>Bill Tibbe

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
William, you must understand that a trip to Africa is a big investment for most of us. It is not something that we book lightly. a lot of people from this board have hunted with JJHack so when I do get to make a trip the booking will be with JJHack not someone that we don't know anything about. I have nothing against Andrea and wish him well in his hunt bookings, but you must understand our concerns. tom

Last edited by pumpgun; 06/18/02.

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm wondering how long it is going to be before Andrea gets tired of being called "her" and "she"? [Linked Image] I wonder what insults sound like in French? [Linked Image]

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sheister:
<br>
<br>I don't understand your post, as far as I can tell Andrea's ancestory is Italian and she is a female. What would you want her to be called? BTW the masculine name Andrew, in French, is Andre, with an accent on the "e".

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On a couple other boards, it was inferred that Andrea is a guy? Did I misunderstand? Wouldn't be the first time. [Linked Image]- Sheister

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He is a he. Andrea Bio: Italian born, former Special Forces Officer, South African resident since 1976. Wildlife safaris tour operator and hunting enthusiast. Occasionally acting as a broker for outfitters of the area.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sheister:
<br>
<br>Ooops, sorry, I assumed, apparently like several others, that because of what has been said on this board and others and because the name ended in an "a" that he was a she. My apologies and I stand corrected. However, I still believe his ancestry to be Italian, I hope........

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Bobcat,
<br>
<br>Sounds like a lot of people missjudged the guy and it sounds like there may of been some jealousy on the part of some, which doesn't really supprise me.
<br>
<br>The failed attempt of one person trying to discredit Andrea has backfired but that person has things blow up in his face often, so he should be used to it. Its to bad so many people believe all his B.S..
<br>
<br>Don [Linked Image]

Groove Bullets - Get in the Groove
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don,
<br>
<br> In referring to "so many people believe his BS", you must be referring to all the people who have hunted with him. Funny, I haven't heard any complaints from any of them and many of them are talking about what a great time they had on their latest hunts with him on several different boards. That number keeps growing ( I believe over 3 dozen now) and I still haven't heard a single complaint. Wonder why that is?
<br>
<br>Funny anyone listens to your BS anymore. Oh, that's right, you're right and everyone else is wrong- now where have I heard that before?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

271 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 29 invisible), 1,726 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,630
Posts18,492,987
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.