Page 32 of 33 1 2 30 31 32 33
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steven_CO
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Why is that? God wiped out all of the ancestors of Adam that had no spirit...check that soul?

I don't recall that in the Bible.

Me neither.

But, I was curious. Where do you draw the distinction between following the Biblical account vs the evolutionary account of Adam's earthly father with a local flood?
I believe that the descendents of Adam's ancestors were wiped out, but not by the flood. I believe they were wiped out because, lacking the spark of intellect that came with the soul breathed into Adam, they weren't equipped to compete with Adam and his descendents for the same environmental niches.

And, I guess a follow-up to that I was wondering if you believed that all of the inhabitants today are Noah's descendants?

Not to presuppose that you owe me any explanation or anything, mind you.
I'm not sure the extent to which the early chapters of genesis were meant as literal instructions on historical events.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Not sure I understand. So, some people somewhere could have survived the flood and therefore not be descendants of Noah?

Steve

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Not sure I understand. So, some people somewhere could have survived the flood and therefore not be descendants of Noah?
Don't know. Like I said, I'm not sure the extent to which we're meant to take the early chapters of Genesis as literal history.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I believe that Adam's ancestors were wiped out, but not by the flood. I believe they were wiped out because, lacking the spark of intellect that came with the soul breathed into Adam, they weren't equipped to compete with Adam and his descendents for the same environmental niches.

Hummmm, Cro magnon vs Neanderthal....

" He who refuses to do the arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense" John McCarthy

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Fair enough.

Steve

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Malloy805
I believe that Adam's ancestors were wiped out, but not by the flood. I believe they were wiped out because, lacking the spark of intellect that came with the soul breathed into Adam, they weren't equipped to compete with Adam and his descendents for the same environmental niches.

Hummmm, Cro magnon vs Neanderthal....

The grudge match was probably in my home town. I had a neighbor that fit the wiki-description of the neanderthal to a tee...height, appearance and all. Oh, and he was a good hunter too. And there were a few fights.

Steve

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Malloy805
Originally Posted by carbon12

I was sort of thinking along those lines and how tons of resources and $$ are totally squandered in this pursuit of hoping to find mom & dad.

That money could go for something....like maybe education or something.

Wait a minute...still squandering in today's schools.

Maybe feed the poor then.

Not the Christian thing to think but wouldn't feeding the poor will only promote and support poorness?

Herbert, Herbert Spencer is that you???

LOL! Good one!

Last edited by carbon12; 03/21/12. Reason: uuurp
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
[quote=The_Real_Hawkeye][/quote]I believe that Adam's ancestors were wiped out, but not by the flood. I believe they were wiped out because, lacking the spark of intellect that came with the soul breathed into Adam, they weren't equipped to compete with Adam and his descendents for the same environmental niches.[quote]

Are you suggesting by this line of thinking that the soul is an inheritable trait like a big brain or something else?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Are you suggesting by this line of thinking that the soul is an inheritable trait like a big brain or something else?
Naturally, we're deep into the realm of speculation at this point, but we have souls because the first man was given a soul, and it thereby became a trait of his offspring and descendents thereafter. How that occurs in each case, I won't speculate. Shall we call it a mystery? Or would you like to propose an answer?

PS In a sense, Eve, too, was one of Adam's descendents, as she came from him.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Naturally, we're deep into the realm of speculation at this point, but we have souls because the first man was given a soul, and it thereby became a trait of his offspring and descendents thereafter. How that occurs in each case, I won't speculate. Shall we call it a mystery? Or would you like to propose an answer?

If you were proposing that the soul has a genetic component, which it sounded like you were, one could genetically search for and possibly isolate the genomic elements responsible. Take for example, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, diabetes, or Huntington's disease.

Wouldn't that be a hoot.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

If you were proposing that the soul has a genetic component, which it sounded like you were, one could genetically search for and possibly isolate the genomic elements responsible. Take for example, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, diabetes, or Huntington's disease.

Wouldn't that be a hoot.
I didn't mean to suggest that.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Wouldn't that be a hoot.

How silly. Can u say epi-gen-etics? Won't be found studying the human genome, not the first three, Huntington's I don't know much about.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If there was a global flood the cave paintings at Chauvet 32,000 BP, Lascaux 17,000 BP and the carvings and artifacts at Le Portel 11,00 BP weathered it quite well.
On a side note there are no dinosaurs depicted in any of the individual pieces or panels in the caves.

As long as you have the wrong world view you will not understand that these happened after the Flood. The caves you are discussing did not exist prior to the Flood.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

Wouldn't that be a hoot.

How silly. Can u say epi-gen-etics? Won't be found studying the human genome, not the first three, Huntington's I don't know much about.

If not the human genome, where else would you suggest looking?

Doubt you have the slightest clue about epigentics beyond knowing the name. Tell us, in your own words (C&P=no credit), what you know about methylation, acetyalation and histone binding. What role, if any, do they play in epigenetics?

If you could answer any of the above, you would know that your post, like every post you make, is simple-minded nonsense.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Wouldn't that be a hoot.

Doubt you have the slightest clue about epigentics beyond knowing the name. Tell us, in your own words (C&P=no credit), what you know about methylation, acetyalation and histone binding. What role, if any, do they play in epigenetics?

If you could answer any of the above, you would know that your post, like every post you make, is simple-minded nonsense.

Must not have been too nonsensical because I knew full well epigenetic processes were responsible for the first three diseases and your ignorant azz didn't.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Wouldn't that be a hoot.

Must not have been too nonsensical because I knew full well epigenetic processes were responsible for the first three diseases and your ignorant azz didn't.

The hilarity is that you don't know that Epigenetics still involves the genome.

Just to put a finer point on how absolutely bitch slapped you are. The cited diseases all have well documented genetic determinants that account for some but not all cases. Epigenetics has been invoked to account of the rest.

What anyone can see is that what you don't know grows with every post you make.

To get back to the thread, I gotta admit that the fact that you live and perhaps have progeny makes me seriously question if Darwin was right.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Just to put a finer point on how absolutely bitch slapped you are. The cited diseases all have well documented genetic determinants that account for some but not all cases. Epigenetics has been invoked to account of the rest.

The hilarity is that you don't know that Epigenetics still involves the genome.

What anyone can see is that what you don't know grows with every post you make.

To get back to the thread, I gotta admit that the fact that you live and perhaps have progeny makes me seriously question if Darwin was right.

It ain't gonna work cum breath, of course I understand epigentics AFFECTS the genome, after-the fact, after the process has altered protein synthesis. My post didn't require any googlin' like yours, note the times. You are still FOS, shoulda' googled longer.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

It ain't gonna work cum breath, of course I understand epigentics AFFECTS the genome, after-the fact, after the process has altered protein synthesis. My post didn't require any googlin' like yours, note the times. You are still FOS, shoulda' googled longer.

Not quite right but much better than before. Want to try again?

Best take your own advice because for once, it's good. Google longer. If I have helped you dial back your stupidity a little by forcing you to looking up stuff before posting, my time here has been worth it.

But what I said earlier about denying Darwin because of you still stands.

Laffin' hard.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sorry, not following this in it's entirety, but, Hawk, how old was Adam when God created him? 20? 30? 40? Amd at whatever age God created him, was he [/i]Really that old[i]? Or did God "breath a soul and His image into an already adult hominid? (requiring a really, really liberal, perhaps apostate, interp).

Point is, we don't know but that God could. If He created a 40 y/o Adam could He not also have created 100 billion y/o universe at the point of creation? Certainly. He just hasn't filled in all the blanks for us.

Just musing.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Sorry, not following this in it's entirety, but, Hawk, how old was Adam when God created him? 20? 30? 40? Amd at whatever age God created him, was he [/i]Really that old[i]? Or did God "breath a soul and His image into an already adult hominid? (requiring a really, really liberal, perhaps apostate, interp).

Point is, we don't know but that God could. If He created a 40 y/o Adam could He not also have created 100 billion y/o universe at the point of creation? Certainly. He just hasn't filled in all the blanks for us.

Just musing.
I think I've been pretty clear on this. My belief is that God only created Adam in the sense that he commanded the waters to bring forth all living creatures. God being omniscient was fully cognizant that eventually this process would result in anatomically modern humans, of whom Adam would be one. I don't know at what age God breathed a soul into Adam. The Bible doesn't say.

The above is merely my effort at matching scientific knowledge with what the Bible says. I don't see them as contradicting.

Page 32 of 33 1 2 30 31 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 58 invisible), 2,196 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,561
Posts18,531,616
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.