Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by eh76 (G2)
You know TRH I see a couple people qualified here to make a comment and you certainly aren't one of them.

Anyone with eyes and a brain is qualified to comment, and their comments are just as good as all the ones previous.

You don't have to have been under fire to see what that was, it was lame, let me list a couple of errors. And before jumping on my lack of qualifications that enable me to criticize you better figure out first whether you would make the same call. The call isn't bad because of who made it.

Holding the finger on a 100 round mag when the first few shots stirred up so much dust the shooter could no longer see a thing including his frigging sights. Bad bad form there. Someone leading and watching would have told him to slow down, stop wasting ammo, pick your shots.

A particular favorite is the over the head/no aiming/pull the trigger and wave the rifle from side to side in a spraying motion technique, did they teach that in basic?

Throwing a grenade? Damn but that was lame.

Everyone watching this started out trying to say the same thing nicely, that it was pretty frigging lame.

That was not a pressured fire fight, it was what should have been a relatively relaxed and controlled exercise.

Now maybe I ain't qualified to be sayin how they shoulda done it, but I have enough brains to be able to see how jacked up how they were doing it was, and you do too buddy.

As one person said before, that was embarrassing, and I'll bet their commanding officer would agree with that call, he won't be defending that circle jerk. laugh

By the way buddy, I've been under fire and I'm still here. No point in talking about it cause it doesn't matter as pertains to this.

Last edited by 243WSSM; 03/23/12.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
243 and Torres,

Please go over and give them some instruction your expertise will be appreciated

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 243WSSM

Anyone with eyes and a brain is qualified to comment, and their comments are just as good as all the ones previous.

You don't have to have been under fire to see what that was, it was lame, let me list a couple of errors. And before jumping on my lack of qualifications that enable me to criticize you better figure out first whether you would make the same call. The call isn't bad because of who made it.

Holding the finger on a 100 round mag when the first few shots stirred up so much dust the shooter could no longer see a thing including his frigging sights. Bad bad form there. Someone leading and watching would have told him to slow down, stop wasting ammo, pick your shots.

A particular favorite is the over the head/no aiming/pull the trigger and wave the rifle from side to side in a spraying motion technique, did they teach that in basic?

Throwing a grenade? Damn but that was lame.

Everyone watching this started out trying to say the same thing nicely, that it was pretty frigging lame.

That was not a pressured fire fight, it was what should have been a relatively relaxed and controlled exercise.

Now maybe
I ain't qualified to be sayin how they shoulda done it, but I have enough brains to be able to see how jacked up how they were doing it was, and you do too buddy.

As one person said before, that was embarrassing, and I'll bet their commanding officer would agree with that call, he won't be defending that circle jerk. laugh

By the way buddy, I've been under fire and I'm still here. No point in talking about it cause it doesn't matter as pertains to this.

That's better.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 007FJ
243 and Torres,

Please go over and give them some instruction your expertise will be appreciated

I wouldn't want to be in the same area as those clowns, and clowns they were.

It doesn't take a genius to see when someone is plain not doing something well.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Irony much?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Fire suppression is somewhere you apparently have never been or experienced,very obvious from your lack of knowledge of the subject.You ever think it might have been their job to draw fire and keep the enemy occupied or their heads down to facilitate a flanking maneuver?.. so for practical purposes I'll give you the rank of armchair QB since you seem to be an exspurt on fire fights!

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
Lots of prayin and sprayin

Time to bring these brave souls home, alive?

BRAVE!? Biggest bunch of pussies I've ever seen. Seems like that "close with and destroy the enemy" thing ain't a priority. Shootin' over the top of the berm, without sighting your weapon? The SAW gunner was real good at flagging everybody else as well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had to be suppressive fire/distraction. Nobody wanted to get shot playing decoy so they made noise from behind that wall. I kept wondering why no flanking manuever for the first few minutes until it dawned on me that it was probably already in play. That or this was a really ate up Guard unit. Could be either one pretty easily.

**Could also be that the chopper was trying to pinpoint the enemy and those boys were playing decoy until the pilot got a fix on them.

Last edited by ranger1; 03/23/12.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ranger1, What seals the deal for me as it being suppressive fire is no shouting between them as to how to retreat, or fire and move, or really any other discussion.

I would hope that even an "ate up Guard Unit" would at least be trying to figure out how to evacuate the AO if it weren't their job to stay there & "spray & pray".

JMHO as I wasn't there, don't have a dog in the fight, and can't second guess anyone elses firefight without ALL the facts.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
Lots of prayin and sprayin

Time to bring these brave souls home, alive?

BRAVE!? Biggest bunch of pussies I've ever seen. Seems like that "close with and destroy the enemy" thing ain't a priority. Shootin' over the top of the berm, without sighting your weapon? The SAW gunner was real good at flagging everybody else as well.

There was reason for them holding that position,like I said there's an Apache on station in the second vid and I believe they were there for a reason.Bravery without brains is stupidity and gets you killed in a heart beat!A bunch of pizz pots peering over that wall could easily be sporting a 30cal hole...

Woody
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

Irony much?

post of the day grin

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=eh76 (G2)]

unless your keyboard is in braile it's pretty evident you've eyes.

it's the second criteria that you've never been able to quantify sufficiently.

but keep typing monkey boy, you're liable to spill out a sonnet one of these days! crazy

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 243LiberalWASSholeM

Was I talking to you doper? I didn't think so.

Prove your claim.

By the way I don't understand your gay doper code and really don't care how you change a quote. But I am pretty sure you will understand the change I made to yours wink

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well............

.....I have seen a couple of potty mouths throwing insults.

I would have liked to addrress my original objectionn, which was "that was no fire fight".

it dusn't looke like thats going to happpen, except by a few that are above the fray (posssible spellling errorr)
M

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm no combat expert,..don't claim to be, but the way that SAW operator kept popping up at the same position from behind that wall just seems to be asking for it.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If I had to pop him, thats what I would be waiting for..... when he got done fixing that jam-o-matic.

M

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Pretty intense, but why were they blasting away their ammo without really aiming or even directing their fire very much?

I can see from your question you were never in combat, spraying fire is to keep the enemy down it was done in Nam when I was there, and was probably done in every war that had auto weapons. grin

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hubert
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Pretty intense, but why were they blasting away their ammo without really aiming or even directing their fire very much?

I can see from your question you were never in combat, spraying fire is to keep the enemy down it was done in Nam when I was there, and was probably done in every war that had auto weapons. grin
I understand suppressive fire, as I'm sure all you folks who've been in the service also have since you were kids. Boys just tend to pick this basic information up somehow (one of the effects of testosterone). But suppressive fire is used typically to assist another element of your force to change positions, as for example to move to one or both of the enemy's flanks. I wasn't seeing any of that in the video, although I suppose it's possible it was going on anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Suppressive fire is also used to "lay down a line of fire". This normally done to draw fire and keep the enemy distracted.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MichaelTorre

I would have liked to addrress my original objectionn, which was "that was no fire fight".

Merriam-Webster's: definition "fire fight"

a: a usually brief intense exchange of fire between opposing military units.
b: a hostile confrontation that involves gunfire

Hummmm.. intense exchange? you might say so..hostile confrontation?.. that's the way I see it! Anytime you receive incoming and return it that's a fire fight in my book!You might want to be on the receiving end sometime could change your mind.. wink

Woody
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

492 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 160user, 42 invisible), 13,808 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,115
Posts18,542,159
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.