-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
my 3 dogs are getting older by the day, and most likely they will start to be having put down, one by one. days i really am not looking forward to. the lil ones have been great family members, but, alas, we live longer than they do, and those end days are getting closer.

i am really going to be tore up as we do what we must do to end any old age or disabiling afflictions.

so with this in mind, we are going to need the pitter patter of feet around the house to help us get over the loss's, and put our love and attention towards another, new family member.

the problem is, we both work. me, i work in the oil field so i have long hours, and days, so, being home with a new puppy and giving it my full attention, and training is going to be very hard.

have had an addopted dog, (my mom ran him over as he chased after her), that came from an abused home, and later found out he is a brother from another litter of my oldest dog.

at first he would bite, and not really blend. but after some time, he found out what love was, and became our best/worst love bug.

so with getting a started lab, we know we will miss the chewing, the accidents, and all the things associated with a puppy, but know in time the older lab, will grow to love us, and we him.
but, start with a dog, that has manners, training, retrieves, etc...
and we can start right off with enjoying him without the worries of things happening at the lake, or in the truck, etc...
and he, us. as there will be no yelling, or correcting needed, or aggrivations of getting a puppy that doesn't want to listen, or retrieve, or is gun shy, etc....

so, i have been looking on the net at lots of dogs, and know we are going to pay for whatever we choose, but, there doesn't seem to be many started or trained labs out there, or at least i can't find much on the web.

any help out there ?

we know to expect to pay over 1k to ??? for the dog, and figure out how to get him here from ??

also, why are there so many female dogs for sale over males ?

i do not like female dogs, and just prefer males.

are males in higher demand than females or ???

any help ya'll can give in finding a started/ trained 6 month to 2 year old male yellow lab would be greatly appreciated.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am doing the same thing as you in looking for a started dog. The breeders are telling me that yellow and female are more popular that black and male in Labs. Good breeders seem to have waiting lists for puppies and sell all the pups as soon as they are ready to go home. I may end up picking out a puppy and having the breeder keep it and train it for several months. Good luck in your search.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Living in the middle of no where, I can't pick a pup. I would have to rely on a breeder/trainer to pick him. So, might as well pick an older dog who at least looks good in pics.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Try this guy. He usually has a few. Excellent trainer too by the way.
http://www.cookecanyon.com

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I was looking for a lab I did a lot of questing and decided on
http://www.deeprunretrievers.com/ . I had the opportunity to hunt over several of their dogs, two obtained as pups and one as a started dog by their respective owners - they were impressive.

I had emailed and chatted with the vet/owner and liked how she answered all the questions I asked.

But...I never got a lab. We ended up with Small Munsterlanders - my wife didn't want a dog as big as a lab. In the end we are extremely happy. But, if the lab bug ever bites again I'd go to deep run and get one of theirs.

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
There are a lot more choices out there for well bred dogs if you seek a black dog. Keep in mind "started" can mean different things to people. Most start at $2500 and go up depending on "how started" they are and breeding.
Give this guy a call he may have some Jerry 479-387-7411.
Tell Brian from Colorado said hello.

Last edited by LostHighway; 03/18/12.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I really am not of much help, but if you know of or can find a female in heat, I have a handsome AKC registered yellow

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Splatter,

I know where you can find a male lab 5 months old in training right now. The dog is out of Pirate and my girl, located in AZ., not too far from you.

These dogs were bread as hunting and field trial dogs. If you want more info let me know.

Todd

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
pm sent.

call me, so we can chat.

thanks much.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You could also try Goose pit kennels out of Idaho.
Tab usally has a started dog or two.

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
looks like i found what i was looking for. now, to sell a rifle, and get him paid for.

thanks for all the help.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

365 members (1lesfox, 160user, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 10ring1, 12344mag, 36 invisible), 2,188 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,452
Posts18,528,948
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.