Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
When do the new regulations in Botswana take effect?

He went over yonder way
GB1

L
L
Have not been hunting in Africa yet, but plan to go to Namibia in 2013 for Plains Game.
I looked at outfits for over a year before I settled on Omujeve Safari near Windhoek. www.omujevesafaris.com
Lot of good feedback on Accurate Reloading.
My wife said if she was going, it had to look upscale.
Go to there website; looks upscale to me.

Lugerman

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The new regulations for Botswana don't affect the private property hunts.

Hunting For Adventure
Tom Addleman (816) 213-6646
[email protected]
To book your next great hunting adventure - www.huntingforadventure.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lugerman
Have not been hunting in Africa yet, but plan to go to Namibia in 2013 for Plains Game.
I looked at outfits for over a year before I settled on Omujeve Safari near Windhoek. www.omujevesafaris.com
Lot of good feedback on Accurate Reloading.
My wife said if she was going, it had to look upscale.
Go to there website; looks upscale to me.

Lugerman

Those guys do a real nice job. Almost went there myself and talked with them a bunch.

Good guys and a nice set up, I'm betting your wife will be VERY happy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A couple of places you might consider are:

Tuli Block Botswana where you'll have good plains game hunting and stand a good chance of seeing leopard and elephant...... both of which can sometimes be hunted if appropriate permits are obtained. The leopards are especially big in the Tuli BTW..... One thing you need to be careful of in the Tuli is that some people tend to (immensely) exaggerate the size of the hunting area, so be cautious of that.

Some of the RSA concessions that border the Limpopo River and are opposite the aforementioned Tuli Block.

Note I'm talking about the Tuli Block NOT the Tuli Circle.

I don't pay to advertise on this site and I'm retired now anyway but feel free to PM me if you want specific recommendations.

Have you swept the visioned valley with the green stream streaking though it?
Searched the vastness for a something you have lost?
Have you strung your soul to silence? Then for God's sake go and do it
Hear the challenge, learn the lesson, pay the cost
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If you want to have a good hunt and not ride around in a truck all day go with Agarob horseback hunting , Johnny and Marina Schicklering run a world class operation and very good game to hunt. Shop in Windok and Wavis Bay. You and the family will love it and it is very safe. PM me for details.

NOVIT EMIM DOMINUS QUI SUNT EUIS {Arnauld Amalric} "Kill them all,God will know His." Never trust Horses ,Women and very few Mules.A good rifle will let in lots of AIR AND LIGHT.
DLS Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I've done 4 safaris totaling nearly 70 days of hunting across Zim, Botswana and South Africa, with the last trip being a family trip to South Africa where I took my then wife and both children. While the Zim and Botswana hunts were fabulous long affairs (two of them were 24 day safaris with lots of DG hunting) I really enjoyed our trip to South Africa.

Our South African hunt started with 3 days of touring Kruger Park on our own, then two days in the Thornybush Private Game Reserve near Hoedspruit. In those five days we saw elephants including several 100 pounders up close, buffalo bulls up to nearly 50", Black and White Rhinos, 2 leopards, and nearly a dozen lions, including a very old, large male up close (think hit him with a stick close). Those five days were absolutely fabulous and my family enjoyed themselves immensely. We then took 5 days to hunt for my son and myself. We hunted hard for eland, but I never saw a bull I wanted to shoot, however my son shot a fantastic kudu bull, a nice warthog and impala while I took a very nice nyala, which was the only thing I wanted besides and eland.

We booked that trip through Marita Dyason of Spear Safaris. SHe and her husband Ernest have two young children, so they understand the family safari concept really well. She is extremely detail oriented, and arranged everything for us from the time we landed in Phalaborwa until we left there 10 days later. I recommend them without hesitation. www.spearsafaris.com

I'm now planning my next safari, and will most likely hunt only plains game for about 10 days. I've looked at South Africa and Namibia, but am really focusing on Botswana and Mozambique. The quarry will include eland (#1 priority) and kudu and depending on where I decide to go the others will fall in line after that. I'm leaning toward Mokore Safaris if I go to Moz, and Tholo Safaris if I go to Botswana. Both have fabulous eland hunting, as well as very good kudu. If I decide to include buffalo, then it'll probably be Mokore in the Save Conservancy of Zim. Depending on whether I take a lady friend or not, I'll also visit Vic Falls, Chobe or Kruger Parks before the hunting commences.

If you want a great family safari, I hope this information helps you.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Last Sept. my wife & I went to Namibia and we had the time of our life. Plains game every where and the wife while taking a walk with the owner's wife heard and saw tracks of a leopard. Klawerburg.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We share business with shelanti game reserve all the big five are there. We hunt the surrounding lands which is loaded with PG. we have taken several kudu already this year to 58"

The hunters in camp right now whom vist this site regular will be back next week. Ask them what they think. Our camps range from lodge, bed and breakfast, chalets, to remote tents what do you want?

If you can wait til next week you will hear directly from several guys and couples that are in our camp right now.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by JJHACK
The hunters in camp right now whom vist this site regular will be back next week. Ask them what they think. Our camps range from lodge, bed and breakfast, chalets, to remote tents what do you want?

I was in camp last week. The quality and quantity of plains animals (as well as other) is phenomenal. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions. Bob

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bob33
Originally Posted by JJHACK

I was in camp last week. The quality and quantity of plains animals (as well as other) is phenomenal. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions. Bob

How about some pictures and a report!

Really interested in pictures of the lodge area. The wife is going next year and thats first and foremost on her mind.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have 100s of photos and am not sure how to post them all since they're probably too large. I'll try to find a way to put them on a site where I can include the link. I added just a few.

You and your wife will have a wonderful time. The weather was ideal. In two weeks I saw no clouds. It was in the 40s at night, and in the low to mid 70s during the day. You will be treated exceedingly well by the staff, and see more game than you can imagine unless you have visited before.

If this is your first visit, there are a few things that can make your trip easier. First, get a prescription for some Ambien pills. They will help you to sleep a few hours on the jet trip over and get a good rest the first evening. Take fewer clothes than you'll think you need since they can be washed every day. Camouflage is not only OK, but advisable from my experience. No bright colors. Make sure your boots are comfortable. Take a jacket for mornings and evenings and a good sun hat for mid day. You will have Wi-Fi and cell coverage at the facilities. You won't go hungry. You will be provided with lots of water during the day: take advantage of it. There is nothing to fear from bugs, snakes, or natives. You will be in a very safe part of the country. I worked with most of the PHs and trackers, and they are all first rate.

I brought my own rifle, and would suggest doing the same if possible. I took 40 rounds of ammunition and came home with 25 (five for confirming zero upon arrival, ten at animals.)

You will likely shoot more animals in fewer days than you planned. If you do, you can add more animals, sight see, or take it easy. Shelanti Game Reserve is next door and a marvelous place to sight see.

One of the hunters in our camp brought his non-hunting wife along, and she had an absolutely wonderful time.

Please feel free to post a question or PM me if I can be of any assistance. Bob

Attached Images
DSC_0547_E1_Kudu.jpg (72.29 KB, 141 downloads)
DSC_0576.jpg (92.08 KB, 136 downloads)
DSC_0577.jpg (73.83 KB, 121 downloads)
DSC_0596.jpg (64.64 KB, 118 downloads)
DSC_1248.jpg (41.96 KB, 123 downloads)
Last edited by Bob33; 06/09/12.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Bob. I may be PMing you with a few questions later. I have hunted with Jim at Landelani several years ago, but haven't hunting the area he is in now.

This will be a family trip with the kids doing the hunting (graduation presents) and the wife and I as the non hunters. I know we will be well taken care of, but my wife considers a hotel without a spa as roughing it.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (450yukon, 260Remguy, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 2ndwind, 14 invisible), 1,705 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,379
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.