Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I'm following this topic enthusiastically. I'm pretty sure there are some nice firearms out there somewhere I'll be able to acquire once it's abolished. Probably some old codger who never bothered or was too ornery to register...

GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I think that you will find that most guys who have really choice gun collections registered them before the deadline and now are waiting for a "boom" in demand due to the elimination of the LGR.

The point is that if you owned dozens of sporting firearms that ranged in value from $1500.00+ to $10K, would YOU "bury" them and not have them insured? I certainly would not and while there are a few "sleepers" left, such as the 99% Brno ZG-47 short barrled 7x57 with lovely wood and an orginal milled steel Brno QD one-piece mount with Lyman 3x scope that I scored not last autumn, the majority of fine, older guns are registered for the above reason.

Nobody, I know and I am acquainted with many of the serious and financially able gun enthusiasts in BC, was going to "hide" a dozen choice P-64 Mod. 70s or a cased pair of Churchill Premiers for example.

I hate the gun legislation in our rapidly declining nation as much or more than anyone and have NEVER voted "Lieberal" even when a new voter in the days of "Trudeaumania", but, I was not and am not about to bury my custom rifles or my drilling or any other guns....it is simply senseless.

That said, I do think that there will be a few, but, not more than that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't need a gun registry for that. My insurance company has all the serial numbers of my rifles and photos on file. What good is a registry when it is gone, which many knew would be buried.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
BillR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
One step closer! Senate committee recommends C-19 without any amendments.
BillR

REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE
Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Standing Senate Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs has the honour to present its

TENTH REPORT

Your committee, to which was referred Bill C-19, An Act to amend the Criminal Code and the Firearms Act, has, in obedience to the order of reference of Thursday, March 8, 2012, examined the said Bill and now reports the same without amendment.

Respectfully submitted,
John D. Wallace
Chair

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
So where now? The Governor General??

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
3rd reading in the Red Chamber is scheduled for April 2.

Then off to the GG for royal assent.

After that I'm guessing some sort of coming into force period.

May 1 if it's lightning quick, July 1 if it drags.

The dates are my best guess BTW.

Just remember.
You cant have SLAUGHTER,
without LAUGHTER
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
So, is it done yet?

Rog Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yup its a done deal

"You gotta accomplish something every day. When you go to bed at night ask yourself what you did today, there better be something on the list" Robin Carlson
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
So what will that mean for those of us (U.S.) who want to come up there and hunt in Canada?

It may be too soon to tell, but I'm still curious.

Rog Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm not sure,we were discussing that on another thread.If you are planning on making more than one trip up here to hunt getting a PAL (possesion and aquisition license) would be a good idea.Probably save alot of hassle and form filling at the border.

"You gotta accomplish something every day. When you go to bed at night ask yourself what you did today, there better be something on the list" Robin Carlson
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Rog, To chime in again,getting the PAL is not like falling off a log. If a drive of a few hundred miles is needed to take the test, that would be pricey. I was going to be in Canada on an ice fishing, seeing friends trip when I took the test. I do not know if the test could be taken another way. I'm thinking not. I challanged the test after online study, and studying the book after buying it. I do not know all the facts of the matter however. I'll watch, and learn.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Rog Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
True enough,even for a citizen finding some place to take the test can be difficult.In these small towns they are only offered about once a year

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

305 members (264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 260Remguy, 29aholic, 32 invisible), 2,146 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,754
Posts18,476,343
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.