Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
What are you guys doing, wasting your time and ink on this topic?

...better than all the bandwidth wasted on 6mm super short IMO. The op asked a question in earnest, you guys waste more pages on giving liberal dumbasses the attention they crave.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSizzle
I asked an honest question about how when my dad used to let me read about hunting and fishing on this site without needing to worry about curse words.

Ooops.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Out of the mouth of babes. Take heed. Oh, and for you boys with a lot of posts, not everybody is a troll [although lately it seems like it]. grin

maddog

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I asked an honest question about how when my dad used to let me read about hunting and fishing on this site without needing to worry about curse words.

JSizzle - please, do not misunderstand this post. I firmly stand for civility and decent language in our statements on the Campfire.

Now, assuming that you are truthful about your age and purpose here, which may be a poor assumption on my part, you have received some very candid replies, intended to be helpfully responsive to your inquiry. IMHO, you also have been given some good advice. Folks here do not try to control what you post or ask, but you must be smart and mature enough to deal properly with the answers.

In that vein, here is a reply to your above-noted quote. No one here is responsible for the judgments made by you and/or your dad - both of you are solely responsible for your own decisions about where you should read and post. Concomitantly, how people here behave is not subject to your decisions. If this site is not what either of you expected, YOU made the poor decision. Subsequently asking a question based on that decision has brought you to this point. What is your analysis and reaction to this, young man or lady?

Last edited by CCCC; 03/31/12.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
JSizzle Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Its not. I give up, thought I could try to do some good to this site, but not my responsibility. Thanks for taking the time to to be an azz to me.

" Make it sizzle, make it rain"
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For someone who hates cursing it is a bit ironic to call someone an ass. wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ingwe, where did you get a picture of Podunk? grin

J
JSizzle Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Oh azz, its different say some people. It dosent mean ass, it means azz, HUGE dfference. Oh, I'm not agianst cursing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like a curse word. I'm not picking on you. There is tons of good info on here if you look for it. Good people too, but keep in mind, it is predominately an adult site and as such, the conversations will be predominately adult in nature. I'd suggest the buffet approach, take what you want and leave the rest. Most here try to sanitize their posts, but you shouldn't realistically expect that the adults on here will universally gear their conversations to a preteen level.JMO

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
Ingwe, where did you get a picture of Podunk? grin

dat little bastid..... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Oh azz, its different say some people. It dosent mean ass, it means azz, HUGE dfference. Oh, I'm not agianst cursing.

Is your name Larry. Larry, is that you!!!!?? New handle, again? laugh

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you are going to hang out in this forum you better have your big boy pants on, whining will be met with derision and scorn. Forewarned. Otherwise, Lord strike that poor boy down. grin

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like the Marine Sergeant's told me, get thick skin and do not take everything personally.

J
JSizzle Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I'm sorry to all of you.I had no business posting this. I should have kept my mouth shut.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Cussing on this [bleep] site damn!!!!!!!!!

You can shear a sheep many times.But you can only skin him once!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm sorry to all of you.I had no business posting this. I should have kept my mouth shut.

as Cal Coolidge said....you never have to apologize for what you didn't say.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
43 posts and is going to run the site, that part still amazes me.

Hell I don't have enough posts here for my pissy azz opinion to mean a dang thing yet either...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Nonsense---this is your thread. It's not about what's already been posted but rather what's posted next. Especially, from you.

Its not. I give up, thought I could try to do some good to this site, but not my responsibility. Thanks for taking the time to to be an azz to me.

Hold on here. I believe you had about as much support with your OP as you did with whatever else you received throughout this entire exchange. Giving up is an option but look at others who get hammered even more yet don't cave. Hang in here and provide some guidance from a young and evolving Fire members perspective. Heck, you're in here now and nobody's suggested kicking you out! You're way down the ignore line.

BTW---Just because the rest of us have given up on Ingwe please don't join us. He's a good poobah who loves dogs. So just be a dog and he'll not post crying boy pics. grin

Ingwe, I have something to PM you, which is almost as cool as Chesty!!!! Has to do with dogs and planes.

Stick around JS---

David

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Dont worry kid, they'll get over it wink

You cant control what they post, only what you post.

And you got the agreement of prob'ly the most respected sage on this fire, Mr Ken Howell.

Ignore the crapola, look for the valuable info, sometimes in the very same post from the same source. Ain't met a member yet that weren't a standup guy in person.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

424 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 160user, 1lesfox, 1936M71, 33 invisible), 12,039 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,235
Posts18,544,210
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.