-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 39 of 47 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 46 47
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
you got gay assed looking rifles and managed to catch one [bleep] fish. bless your heart. regardless how i get the cash together to purchase my next rifle is of no concern to you. bet it will hang right in there with anything you have in that caliber. it wont be wearing a 6x leupold. it wont be shooting rl15 powder and it sure as hell wont be sputtin barnes bullets. but i bet you it will kill any game i hunt with it just as dead just as fast as any of your rifles will. and them poor little man is facts. so go piss on someone elses leg and try to tell them its raining. cause i aint buying it. i dont need pics of dead animals to prove anything. but i see you need to be able to brag so as to draw attention to yourself. guess that helps with your inferiority complex. well in anyrate......flame on.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
HR IC

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Oh Schticky Poo.... are you a hoot...I mean trying to like impress everyone with a pink rifle and a skull & cross bones on it...and call it Pinky....and then show another rifle with little rainbow dots etc all over it... trying to demonstrate how masculine you are...Well I am sure there isn't a gay guy in San Fran that is not duly IMPRESSED!!

Sorry I am not, but I did have to laugh that you followed it all up with 7... count'em! SEVEN pictures to further try and demonstrate you Outdoor Studly-ness...

our little buddy Oliver's sister ( who is 9 ) however was duly impressed with your choice of colors for your rifle stocks...

as far as my life... besides the day to day of life, I have to admit, you probably wouldn't at all be impressed with how I utilized my time...

Besides doing that little thing for our forum veterans ( and a couple of fellow Alaskans) that might have caught your attention....I've also been spending time lately helping several boys in my son's Scout Troop,( which I am an active leader in by the way)...doing something as boring as working toward their Eagle Scout Rank...was instrumental in two making that Eagle Scout Rank in the last 6 months...

but I am sure you can't relate to the importance of that, being such a hero and all...

the last two Saturday's over at the Mormon Church on the Northend of Town, I was doing Merit Badge classes to about 30 boys on an Eagle Scout required merit badge there also...the one that we teach them about the boring subject of how our government works...things about the three branches of government, how laws are passed.. how the system of checks and balances keep any one branch of government from gaining control over the other two in running our nation...explain the working concepts so they can speak intelligently on the importance of:

1. Declaration of Independence

2. The Preamble to the Constitution

3. The Constitution

4. The Bill of Rights

5. Amendments 11 to 27 of the Constitution

how to contact their Senators and Representative to Congress..

research a National Historical Landmark, and then a National Monument.. and do a presentation on it..

ya know.. just boring stuff like that...

But hey little buddy.... you keep doing what you are doing...

not only is it entertaining.. it gives us all a good laugh.. to make our days feel so much better..

heck Schtick... if you ever get down to Hoooterville Oregon here... let me know... you'd always be a welcome guest in my house if you need a place to stay, or welcome at the dinner table... and if I know in advance, I can have your favorite Brew chilling in the Frig....REALLY, NO BS..

heck ANY campfire member would be a welcomed and honored guest at the Casa de Seafire.....and maybe you just a little more....

keep dreaming spanky! you can't strike out sitting on the bench... and we all love to watch your antics unfold...

and I do care Schtick... Lord do you make me laugh...

I just didn't want to get all touchy feely with you... I mean I have to be careful around a guy that owns rifles with stocks in colors that impress 9 yr old girls and most of the guys in San Francisco......and uses sexual words like "Kiss" and "Touch" in his loading techniques...he might get the wrong idea and think that I think gay stuff like he does...

I'm sure you understand... grin

PS: Oliver sends his regards...and also asked me if you had pirate decals on the door of your old pickup and the front door of your double wide... I said I'd forward the question as I honestly didn't know.. but could reasonably assume...

Last edited by Seafire; 04/04/12. Reason: give Schtick a PS..from Oliver...the 13 yr old Boy Scout...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
you know seafire.....you are right. he would be welcome in my home as well. be interesting to see if he could handle some real cajun cooking. boiled crawfish, gumbo, jambalaya, etc. id even take him fishing in the gulf. let him see what its like to catch some real fish. even introduce him to some of the fine freshwater species we have. think it would also be a hoot if i could take the lil guy to work with me. see if he could survive 2 weeks in 100 degree temps with 90%+ humidity on the drilling rig. the guys would enjoy all his stories to say the least.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm still wondering if the photos are taken with a filter, or tweaked afterwards in PS.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
you know seafire.....you are right. he would be welcome in my home as well. be interesting to see if he could handle some real cajun cooking. boiled crawfish, gumbo, jambalaya, etc. id even take him fishing in the gulf. let him see what its like to catch some real fish. even introduce him to some of the fine freshwater species we have. think it would also be a hoot if i could take the lil guy to work with me. see if he could survive 2 weeks in 100 degree temps with 90%+ humidity on the drilling rig. the guys would enjoy all his stories to say the least.

I get visual images of things that at times make it easier for me to see things in perspective...

I view Schtick, corresponding in my head.. to Jeff Dunham and Schtick being a puppet that is a cross between Peanut and Bubba J....

brings a smile to your face.. what's not to love?

[Linked Image]

he's already got the 'dummy' part down pat...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Seafire
If the SHTF did happen, we are doing okay here in Southern Oregon.... I know my wife would never leave 'her conveniences' in life tho.....

I just wonder about the panic on the east coast and most of the mid west... people killing people just for the necessities....

Watched Red Dawn last night.. just wondered how much it would be like that...instead of a Russian Invasion...just marshall law in our own country...

that 650 million dollar lottery winning recently.. that would have come in handy...

Good grief. Stick's right: you've lots of imagination and no substance. Just keep wondering about "the panic", watching Red Dawn, and daydreaming about the lotto. And, of course, pull your tin foil hat down a bit tighter. Sheesh...

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Two words Seafire.

Martial.

Nickel.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Two words Seafire.

Martial.

Nickel.

actually I use to be pretty darn good at spelling about anything... but as I have gotten older, I find that I just don't quite give a damn as much as I use to...

I see where I used nickel...( thanks.. see I spelled it right for ya.. hows that for respect... grin)...

but I don't see or recall using the words Martial.. as in martial arts...

never mind.. I see it now.. Marshall Law...vs martial law..

well in response to that... I have to quote my Grandfather on that... " just because you can dress 'em up.. doesn't mean you can take 'em anywhere respectable..." whistle

Last edited by Seafire; 04/04/12. Reason: Licensed Seafire Spelling Errors... ;)

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
If the SHTF did happen, we are doing okay here in Southern Oregon.... I know my wife would never leave 'her conveniences' in life tho.....

I just wonder about the panic on the east coast and most of the mid west... people killing people just for the necessities....

Watched Red Dawn last night.. just wondered how much it would be like that...instead of a Russian Invasion...just marshall law in our own country...

that 650 million dollar lottery winning recently.. that would have come in handy...

Good grief. Stick's right: you've lots of imagination and no substance. Just keep wondering about "the panic", watching Red Dawn, and daydreaming about the lotto. And, of course, pull your tin foil hat down a bit tighter. Sheesh...

T.P.:

Get a life.. its call sarcasm outside of Texas...

but I am sure its called the same thing within Texas...

in fact I am sure most other Texans would have figured that out...

and if Schtick is your hero and you think he has 'substance' and isn't lost in the delusions of his own over inflated ego.. then please accept my sincerest condolences and apologies...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sarcasm? It was well disguised given you other posts. Better luck at your next stab at humor?

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Two words Seafire.

Martial.

Nickel.

actually I use to be pretty darn good at spelling about anything... but as I have gotten older, I find that I just don't quite give a damn as much as I use to...

I see where I used nickel...( thanks.. see I spelled it right for ya.. hows that for respect... grin)...

well in response to that... I have to quote my Grandfather on that... " just because you can dress 'em up.. doesn't mean you can take 'em anywhere respectable..." whistle

You're Your response here was very kind and light-hearted. I meant no disrespect with mine and I appreciate that you recognized that.

Last edited by nsaqam; 04/04/12. Reason: Doh!!!

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You're response...

Your response...

Just saying. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doh!!! blush

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Two words Seafire.

Martial.

Nickel.

You're Your response here was very kind and light-hearted. I meant no disrespect with mine and I appreciate that you recognized that.

hey Pal... no problem... contrary to some other forum members, I'm not here to screw with anyone...I know two things about here on the forum..

1. We all make typing and grammatical errors.

2. the probability that I am the first in line for that are pretty high... grin

I know some of you guys rag on me, for ragging on Minnesota at times... I spent 15 plus years there...

I hate the government in Minnesota.. but love the people of Minnesota...

same here in Oregon.. I love Oregon.. I hate Salem....

so you'll find me going out of my way not to rag on Minnesotans..

heck I try to get along with everybody...cause lord knows they have to make an effort to put up with me... whistle

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
Sarcasm? It was well disguised given you other posts. Better luck at your next stab at humor?

hey... just was seeing if you were paying attention...

you passed the test with flying colors!!!

so two points to the Good Looking Gentleman From Texas!

B
Boxer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
you got gay assed looking rifles and managed to catch one [bleep] fish. bless your heart. regardless how i get the cash together to purchase my next rifle is of no concern to you. bet it will hang right in there with anything you have in that caliber. it wont be wearing a 6x leupold. it wont be shooting rl15 powder and it sure as hell wont be sputtin barnes bullets. but i bet you it will kill any game i hunt with it just as dead just as fast as any of your rifles will. and them poor little man is facts. so go piss on someone elses leg and try to tell them its raining. cause i aint buying it. i dont need pics of dead animals to prove anything. but i see you need to be able to brag so as to draw attention to yourself. guess that helps with your inferiority complex. well in anyrate......flame on.

Ditto,

Weren't my intent to horn you up,but there's no slighting your taste in men. Congratulations?

Kudos on REALLY taking your Imagination to the [bleep] MAX...you's on fire Toots! Nice touch to obliviously correlate Pretend into your Vagina Monologue,by doing the Cash Wish. I'm [bleep] cying I'm laffin' soooo hard!! I concur that you've no pics of Dead Beasties and wouldn't slight the forecast being equally "balmy",if only because the only thing you shoot is your mouth. Equally poignant to duck the vocation query and a single pic of your crossed-eyes,though I'd be plum amazed if anyone is "surprised" by your perpetual smoke blowin' and feverish Window Lickin'.

As a curiousity,is ANYONE "surprised"?!!? Laffin'!

For frosting,feel free to dabble "all" of them Critters your Imagination allows you to Pretend you's gone "take" and feel free to firewall all 13 of your IQ points and try "particulars".

Here's hoping stupid hurts...bless your heart!

Shefire,

I reckon I'm enjoying your [bleep] Imagination,nearly as much as you are.

Exceedingly good call to refrain the pic or vocation!

Wow.

tex',

I've come to hate all filters and shoot nekked expressly. If you MUST(lose a bet or sumptin'),go Heliopan. Any/all filters are a great way to hose IQ and botch AF,besides of course stealing light.

I'm more than a little bit whole bunch [bleep] good with a camera and my tastes are to chase ambient light and catch things as they were,when I slammed the shutter. I'm not above [bleep] the histogram purty hard,to correlate that what I'm grabbing in the moment,is rendered onto the card,as I saw it. For that reason,I configure a body so metering and AF are separate(I drive back button focus expressly),as well as being able to lock metering and still AF separate. Veddy veddy handy for grabbing a tough scene and I'm not above focusing and recomposing,to convey a mood or make something pop. I'm a staunch AI Servo Slut,centerpoint AF Slut(no matter the body),seldom have drive in anything but Warp [bleep] Nine(time delay Hero Pics,the sole exception) and have long had a great eye for composition and fleeting moments.

While I shoot all (3) Canon DSLR sensor sizes,the APS-H format is farrrrrrrrrrr and away my favorite,due to the body(s) which surround it and what they are capable of. The frame rate and buffer depth are simply incredible and I just wanna set my 1Ds on a stump and whistle a 75A-Max through it,in comparison. [bleep] FF,I'd much rather have an APS-C sensor(though I haven't shot the 1DX and am a little curious there). The 7D is the pick of the litter there(1.6x),but my 1D3 smashes it in all regards.

When traipsin' about,the 17-40L stays glued to my 1D3 and both have been beat to [bleep] hell and back,less a single issue...though I did crack the pentaprism housing a CH,when I tossed it 25' or so onto the rocks in order to play LifeGuard(didn't measure,just threw it and dove). Always found it curious that the 17-40 is somewhat maligned,but it is a wicked [bleep] sharp sonofabitch and at ease in keeping pace with 10fps frame rates on the 1D3. Have long thought the 24-70L to be MUCH overhyped and my 17-40 smokes it in IQ,no matter the body. The 24-105L appeals to me far more,due the increased focal length range and the IS,for which a single stop of light is the only concession in extrapolation to the '70. BFD in my book,I'll drive my Siggy 50/1.4 in the Bokeh Tourney.

Siggy 50/1.4 WFO,for conversation(not from today). Handheld,ISO 100,1/60.

[Linked Image]

There were briefs of both harsh light and what I'd term as nice light today,though they were fleeting at best. I strive to drive low ISO's,unless I'm in a situation in which the light can really change with the action and then I'll bump it,so as to be able to carve into shadowed scenes handheld. By default,I'm always in AV Mode and gunning WFO,unless I'm looking to increase DOF or drag the shutter and then I'll stop down as per whim. I've always been sweet on conveying motion or fluidity,shoot handheld expressly and am at ease in whirling shutter speeds by hand that are "too slow" as per many,which allows me to keep ISO's down low. That despite the 1D3(my favorite body,obviously),being rather adept at stretching ISO's and keeping files clean in the Outdoors.

Mainly focused again on video today,learning a new camera,so was routinely an arm shy of a good time. With backpack on,1D3 around neck,videocamera around neck,extry rod tethered upright to pack and rifle slung over my neck,it's often a juggling act to control Victims and manipulate the camera(s)...while Runnin' & Gunnin'. I tend to compose,make a cursory focal length adjustment by bumping lens barrel against my left forearm and then simply pin AF and slam the shutter. Then I'll [bleep] and chase loose ends,regarding metering. Very easy to then meter the portion of the scene I wish in correction,AF continuously and then perhaps only make a subtle sub stop of exposure compensation ala the rear wheel. Unless I'm striving to sillywet somethin' or blowing out highlights for some vibe. No thang,one handed.

Anywhoo,potpourri of scenes from today. Hit 5 different rivers and was sniffing about mainly,though had my way with schit.(grin)

Sluggo peeling out,post release. ISO 100,WFO for 1/125...which is a nice blend of modest DOF,yet still conveys motion.

[Linked Image]

Sorta cracked me up,the way the sun was beating down on this Hen and I swear she was squinting to boot. Shot her backlit and couldn't like it even a little,so circled the wagons and went 180 the other way. Stopped down to F/6.7 for some increased DOF,as I found the background contrast favorable. ISO 100 a given,shutter speed 1/350 due to copious lighting.

[Linked Image]

Got caught in a bad place with this one,with my hands/neck full,so had to slum the 1141S GLX for extrapolation value(s). Hastily rolled jig out(so the [bleep] couldn't swim away with my rod,as I grabbed pics),threw rod in drink and obviously shot with the light in my favor. Not a true pastel lighting hue,but it trumps screamingly harsh nekked light,as the waft of inversion fog filtered things nicely. Should have the above Dumbphuck Twins take a guess at length,but neither have seen one in the flesh and poor Ditto will start crying all [bleep] over again,about being dog dick broke and the thought of a $450 rod getting wet,would get her whining all [bleep] over again...though Shefire would trump it,by getting a Retard in the mix. Laffin'!

ISO 100,F/6.7(for DOF again) and 1/180...just hunkered to keep reflections off it's side,to a minimum.

[Linked Image]

Closeup,simply to catch the water pulsating through the yap,just like the Dumbphuck Twins do while they are in the tub together,taking turns trying to bite eachother's fart bubbles before they surface. Settings were the same and the shutter speed was fast enough to freeze the victim,yet convey the fluidity of the water. There's method to the madness and I never was much into [bleep] around.

[Linked Image]

The 1D3 was $5000 new and a guy can score a used one now in the $1800 realm and there's assuredly nothing that'll touch it. Cheer up,mine's "pre fix"(518,XXX serial number) in regards to the AF...but it's simply a [bleep] crystal clear MONSTER in that regard. The 1D MK2n still rates a thunk,for 'bout half that,as it really is a fabulous body and I prefer it to the 7D.

[Linked Image]

Go APS-H 1D-Series or bust.

Hint.

Here's hoping the Dumbphuck Twins get a good nights sleep,if only to bolster their Imaginations and put some more polish on their Pretend. This is EPIC [bleep] humor!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks. Great photos.

I was passionate about the photog stuff for years, then one day just stopped being passionate about it. The 4x5, the Mamiya 7, and the SLR's, film or dig, all went down the road. Life's settled down now so maybe the photo thing will start to call me again.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Here's hoping the Dumbphuck Twins get a good nights sleep,if only to bolster their Imaginations and put some more polish on their Pretend. This is EPIC [bleep] humor!said Schtick defiantly as he was standing on a milk crate and starring us right in the belt buckle....

well Schticky Poo...you take nice pics... but then anyone who has an ounce of experience around photography can see with how much you got invested in camera equipment... and how much of it is point and click capable...well it is not as fantastically your eye for it, as much it is the technology...

be it here or there, you do good photo journal work...myself.. I have about $1200 in camera equipment.. Canon as you have... and it more than does what I need to do..
as I don't go out of my way to use photography as another way to impress everyone...

but good job on the pictures... my compliments to your cameras and you proving you read the instruction book...

sadly my little buddy Oliver is going to be disappointed that you didn't post any pictures of anymore rifles with the pirate decals...and his little sister wanted to see some more rainbow, pink and poke-a-dot rifle stocks...you are her new found hero.. especially when I let her know that you were as short as she is...

you want some pics so you can stand on your soap box and start bellowing oneUpmanShip...

here ya go...I take mine for the enjoyment of families in the scout troop..

here's my little 'imaginary buddy' Oliver, who loves your pirate decals and wants to see your play station set up..)
Oliver is being awarded a merit badge, by two Eagle Scouts, within the troop... the one on the left is Seafire Jr.. just in case you want to ridicule him by association...he's a big boy.. he can take it...

[Linked Image]

here's one of Seafire Jr.. at one of the annual Fishing Derby with the Scout Troop.. this is where fishing pros take the boys out on their bass boats.. teach the boys how to bass fish and then also allow the boys the opportunity to get pledges to fund some of their annual scouting activities..

[Linked Image]

here's one of my little imaginary buddy Oliver, showing his participation...with the fish caught by a borderline retarded Boy Scout...

[Linked Image]

and here is young little Oliver showing off his fish with the Fishing Pro that took him out, along with the short Eagle Scout that volunteered to go out with the little guy...

[Linked Image]

Seafire Jr out with one of the younger boys in one of the Boats with the Fishing Pro taking them out..

[Linked Image]

and here we have the boys doing a Flag Ceremony on Memorial Day at the local Junior High School, per request of the Principal..

[Linked Image]

or the Son here out with his 10/22 on a sage rat shooting excursion over to Klamath Falls... took these 3 at a little over 100 yds with his 10/22..

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/data/529/medium/Jonathan_Squirrel_Shooting_April_2007_014.jpg[/img]

or here is a young man being given a rifle... that has no dad in his life, and an irresponsible mom.. so he lives with some friends of the family... the rifle was donated to him by several forum members here on 24 Hour Campfire, with a scope on top donated by Steve Timm ( DogZapper) and also a couple of boxes of ammo purchased with other donations from forum members here...

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMG_46141.JPG[/img]

the three boys on the left are from fatherless homes who have been 'foster cared' by family friends to give them some direction in their lives... at no charge and no compensation.. the 2nd from the right is an Eagle Scout from the troop, and it is his parents that do this for these boys..the one on the far right is Seafire Jr..

Mr Potter is handicapped, so I take these boys out hunting and trips to the range to teach them how to be hunters and teach them shooting skills..

here is Zack opening the case when I present the gun donated to him by 24 Hour Campfire members...

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/data/559/medium/IMG_45971.JPG[/img]

so as you can see... I may not be the great photographer you consider yourself to be.... and may not get my 'cu-t' off the couch as you claim... according to your specs...

but instead of spending my time stroking my personal ego such as you like to occupy your time with...this is where I like to spend my time... teaching young men to grow up into responsible citizens... to some day be the men that will carry on values that many of us on here hold as very important..

so as you can see... I don't consider myself as the hero you see yourself as... but believe me... not only I, but many of these boys, when they are over at the house, also really enjoy reading your posts...

So there are some pictures of my world.... now you can feel free to have something to criticize... but don't forget criticizing all these activities... and let on how I spend my time on the couch.... just day dreaming and wishing I were you... whistle

so have a good day there Schtick...

remember, you're invited to my place anytime you are ever in town here... and all I ask is you leave your ego at the door..
my house is only 3300 sq feet.. I don't think we could fit your ego in here...but the rest of you is invited!

just let me know in advance so I can have your favorite brew cooling in the frig...

( just please bring little Oliver one of those pirate decals for his back pack..)

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Good post.

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Boxer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Thanks. Great photos.

I was passionate about the photog stuff for years, then one day just stopped being passionate about it. The 4x5, the Mamiya 7, and the SLR's, film or dig, all went down the road. Life's settled down now so maybe the photo thing will start to call me again.

I've long had the foresight to know I was gonna get to see/do alotta schit,that very few others would...so had the good sense to slam the shutter for posterity. Personally,I've yet to meet anyone who lamented that they took "too many" pictures,yet it is a constant to have folks bemoan and wish they'd of given it more thought and attention in their past. While I've shot a bazillion miles of video on various formats,I prolly prefer still photography if only because the adage that "a picture is worth 1000 words",rings far more than simply true.

Never was consumed with either medium or large formats,if only because most of my time was(is) spent in environments/locales counterproductive to their size/bulk/logistics. I was admittedly a begrudgingly slow convert to digital,due to the initial offerings' limitations and being steeped in upper echelon 35mm equipment to boot(though I've still Hero Pics on floppy discs,shot on a Sony Mavica). Still not looking forward to the prospect of scanning or otherwise duping the plethora of 35mm negatives/prints I shot through the years. Hurts to even think about how painstakingly it'd suck...so I keep putting it off. In The Day I was routinely the only one who shot any pictures and guys always tried to bust my balls about it,though more than I could begin to count,was soon cutting checks for Photography Equipment. (grin) The most staunch naysayers were all the first to try and pinch prints,when they arrived in the Mail and I was rather at ease in rubbing their noses in their gross oversight and telling them to "get [bleep]" to boot. Hell,it'd be weeks before a roll of film sent out on a floatplane destined for the Post Office,would finally get to America in order to be processed and then returned back to me. Now I can [bleep]/cull on the fly and print as soon as I hit the house,or with a press of the button have hardcover books made,amongst a myriad of other options. These ARE the Good Old days.

Curiously enough,a guy tends to see alotta schit...when he's looking.

Hint.

Shefire,

Jesus God...no [bleep] wonder you've GREAT trepidation in hanging a pic,my eyes HURT. Tough for me to pick a favorite bitch or moan,outta all the bitching and [bleep] moaning you do,though I dig 3 year old pics ala XSi as your Swan Song! You really are a "Hard Charger". Laffin'!

I appreciate your taking the time to "tell" me about your XSi and quantify how you are utterly [bleep] clueless in it's use to boot,as your "Treatise" upon Photogtaphy. INSTANT [bleep] Classic there! As per always,it's the Indian not the Arrow...but beware the best Indian,with the best Arrows(hint). I'd be the last to [bleep] a P&S,if only because I've long been fabulously good with one and have shot a myriad of the ilk,as they've been released through the years.

"Lowly" S40 PowerShot. Note the lighting,composition,mood,Jolly Roger and the Victim's contented countenance. Only you are dumb enough to be "surprised". Congratulations? Hey Ditto...forgive the 6x42,Re-15 and X-boolit. Prolly a "fluke". Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Moving forward a decade in Technology,to a G-11 P&S. Feel free to fire up your Imagination and Pretend you could slip up on a King Eider in the dark,hit him with flash and reap the bounties associated. There's sumptin' inherent there,regarding Injun's. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Hell...I prolly even shot a buncha XTi,which was the precursor to your fabulous XSi. If only to keep Ditto bitching and perhaps promote her to source gainful employment...I'll mention if only in passing,that it was yet another Leupie/'15 Moment. Too [bleep] funny!

[Linked Image]

If all I could muster was Micro-sized Largemouth,I'd not hang any pics either. What next,you gonna hang a picture of pavement,a Stop sign or a streetlight?!!? Holy [bleep] dogschit,that's funny! I've never even been to Orygun,but I thought there were some things to do there?!!? Will scratch that Trip offa my Bucket List.

More akin to how I roll,in no particular order...though in fairness to you,everyone has their version of "Outdoors" and few is funnier than your's or Ditto's.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/DAD_0326.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/DAD_1953.jpg[/img]

Man,that 22 is cool! What kind is it? 100yds+? HOW do you guys do that?!?

Cheer up Sugar,my "ego" is far from inflated,but I do enjoy that my typical day exceeds both your Imagination and Pretend,despite my sandbagging more than a whole [bleep] bunch. I'm simply at ease in the mention of facts founded in Reality,as water passes daily under the bridge. Though it is exceptionally [bleep] funny,that you flatter yourself by thinking you'd rate my company...that is hilarious!

I assuredly do not wanna burst any of your bubbles,curtail either your Imagination nor Pretend,but perspective is always intriguing. Shoulda made mention yesterday evening,of walking to the end of my driveway and glassing for Bears,prior to chow. My bad,as it is always a scenic 200' stroll and will undoubtedly fuel your Imagination even more.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/DAD_2341.jpg[/img]

Been waiting on the tide to swing in my favor,so as to beat upon more feesh. To one-up you,all one needs to do,is to wake up. VERY much enjoyed your conviction,that you ain't a couchbound Slug setting atop your [bleep],no matter how dismally shy you are of the mark in actuality.

Bless your heart and film at 11:00!

Page 39 of 47 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 46 47

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,251 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,288
Posts18,486,906
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.