B
burner Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by burner
...What I don't get is, are there areas where you can just show up and vote without being checked off/counted/asked for your name/etc.?

Is that why these laws are being pushed now? There never seemed to be a problem where I was from.

Every state/locale has different election laws, some more fraud proof than the others. Voter registration rolls are purged for deaths and people no longer living in the district at different intervals, some might not be updated for decades. In a rural area like where I live it's not much of a problem, the election workers generally know everyone in the district and can recognize them on sight, it'd be pointless to try and vote as someone else where I live. However, take a big city like Chicago with many times the voters per voting district and the natural movement in and out of district means that you're virtually guaranteed not to know the people working the desk at the voting place. It would be extremely easy to walk in and vote as Bill Smith knowing that Bill died last year and the rolls haven't been updated. Same thing with people who have moved out of the district. Signatures are a joke, just wrap your hand in gauze and explain that you have to sign left handed because you broke your thumb yesterday. The last signature they have from "Bill Smith" might be from 1969 also, signatures change over time.

When called on the issue the Democrats always claim there's little proof of voter fraud. Of course there's little proof, the system now is specifically designed so you can't track fraud, that's the whole point of making voters show an ID! The claim that ID's are a hardship is bull, everyone has an ID nowadays, especially minorities who have to have one to get on government benefits.

All of the excuses from the left against voter ID laws are complete bunk and show their true colors. The only possible reason someone could be against showing an ID to vote is because their group is benefitting from vote fraud.

Thanks, this is what I was missing in the whole debate, since the news never covered "why" you would need it and I wrongly assumed election laws were similar across the board.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by nsaqam
I've said it several times in the past few weeks but if you have concerns about voter fraud become an Election Judge and challenge those who you have reason to believe are voting illegally.
In MN ANYONE at all can challenge the validity of a voter. These ballots are not counted on election day but are instead placed in a separate box for Provisional ballots to be scrutinized by a bipartisan board to ascertain their validity.

Become an Election Judge and see the process from beginning to end and do your bit to prevent voter fraud.

As to Rednecks assertion that registered voters can vouch for others that is indeed true but if he were an Election Judge (or even merely a citizen) in MN he'd have every right to challenge those vouched for voters and if these voters were found to have committed voter fraud both the voter and the voucher would be subject to whatever penalties the law provides for said crime.
LMAO.. You really think THAT's gonna happen in the Twin Cities area???

They have no time to 'challenge' votes - not to mention they'd be the target of death threats if they did.. Nope - they'll rubber-stamp them OKs as fast as possible to get the line through.. Not to mention that the TC area is about 75% dem - and most of those election judges are dem - and they're gonna help 'em unload the buses, vote, and load 'em back up again to transit to the next booth in town..

As has been said above - the left's beef against voter ID is so bogus as to be totally laughable.. In the paper this morning, in fact, is a story about a dude who wanted to know where he could get a fake ID for his girlfriend... And the left says there's NO WAY there can be 'voter fraud' in MN...

Laughable...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Eric308
Its a solution in search of a problem; in reality designed to disenfranchise groups who traditionally vote Democratic.

Voter fraud is exceedingly rare (see p. 6 here:
http://archive.demos.org/pubs/Analysis.pdf); certainly not a large enough problem to warrant hampering the right to vote.

Do you actually believe that or are you spouting the party line?

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last year the Wisconsin State Legislature successfully passed bills to require voter ID and Gov. Scott Walker signed the bill.

This year two liberal Dane County Judges ruled the law was unconstitutional and now the State Attorney General is appealing. The ball game in this instance is not only are you playing the opposite team, but you have to play the referees too.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I really don't understand the voter ID debate. When I go to vote in Virginia, I am asked to show ID proving that I live where where I say - no issue.

Given the prevalence of false (and real looking) ID's, there should be no problem showing an ID if one wants to falsely vote.

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
In a normal day of travel for me hear are the times I am required to show an ID:

1) Picking up Airline ticket
2) Checking in at security
3) Picking up rental car
4) Checking out of rental car lot
5) Signing into to get a badge at a secure office building
6) Anytime i right a check
7) Checking into a hotel

At least 7 times in normal day of business for me, but I do not
have to show one to vote. Please explain to me why the hotel
clerk at a local Holiday Inn Express is more concerned about
who I am, than the democrats are about making sure a legal
person is voting?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Down here, every time you see a newspaper article or photo-op on TV that is anti-I.D., the anti-person has a Spanish surname. Coincidence I guess.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rampant voter fraud and attempts to restrict the military voting are long tenants of the Democrap Party. That is the main way they win elections.

Everyone should remember Gore attempting to stop the count of military votes and Tim Kaine(Gov in VA in 2008)ordered absentee ballots for military withheld until it was too late for them to get back in time for vote counts, while allowing 5000 convicted felons to vote in the same election.

One county in VA had more votes than residents. Wonder who they voted for?

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by coolpapabill
In a normal day of travel for me hear are the times I am required to show an ID:

1) Picking up Airline ticket
2) Checking in at security
3) Picking up rental car
4) Checking out of rental car lot
5) Signing into to get a badge at a secure office building
6) Anytime i right a check
7) Checking into a hotel

At least 7 times in normal day of business for me, but I do not
have to show one to vote. Please explain to me why the hotel
clerk at a local Holiday Inn Express is more concerned about
who I am, than the democrats are about making sure a legal
person is voting?

There is no valid explanation.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Flyfast
You have to register to vote, before you can vote. How far in advance varies by state. You have to be on the list to vote. No doubt there's some voter fraud; how big a problem it is may be anybody's guess. Back in 2008, Cutting Edge wrote a great article on it Voter Registration Fraud. It isn't that unregistered voters get to vote; it's more like gaping holes exists to screen those registering. Of course, if 3% of the registered voters are illegal, that's bad.

Both sides engage in forms of voter fraud. The Dems seem to wink, wink, nod , nod, at ineligible voters who they know will largely support them (although "Poll Guards" can also be intimidating. GOP fraud is grayer, in that it tends to focus on mechanisms to limit voter access in Dem-favorable districts, usually through the allocation of resources and polling locations (see Ohio 2004; and mysterious vote swings....

And nobody knows what the hell goes on inside computerized voting machines.

Would seem to be pretty simple: verify citizenship when someone registers. No big deal. That would virtually eliminate registration fraud. Keep paper ballots. I don't think absentee ballots make a big difference, if the registration is screened. stealing a ballot, or 100, isn't going to swing an election.

Your statemement regarding "gray" GOP vote fraud is unsubstatiated and has never been verified to be factual. On the democrap side however, the last election and the ACORN machinations WRT vote fraud pretty much shoots down that argument. As to the paper vice electronic, try telling that to Nixon and the 1960 election and Dailey & the democrap machine in Chicago...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by djs
I really don't understand the voter ID debate. When I go to vote in Virginia, I am asked to show ID proving that I live where where I say - no issue.

Given the prevalence of false (and real looking) ID's, there should be no problem showing an ID if one wants to falsely vote.

Wrong again. I'm in thar business and I'm here to tell you there are simple mechanisms and relatively low cost that can be put in place to mitigate forged ID cards of any kind. That might work getting you a pack of cigs or into a tittie bar if you are a minor, but no way you are getting on baord my installations with fraudulent IDs.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BountyHunter
Rampant voter fraud and attempts to restrict the military voting are long tenants of the Democrap Party. That is the main way they win elections.

Everyone should remember Gore attempting to stop the count of military votes and Tim Kaine(Gov in VA in 2008)ordered absentee ballots for military withheld until it was too late for them to get back in time for vote counts, while allowing 5000 convicted felons to vote in the same election.

One county in VA had more votes than residents. Wonder who they voted for?

double BINGO

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If the population wants to take back the American dream, we need to get our lazy buddies to vote. I'm 50 and have voted in every election I was eligible to vote in, have friends, work acquaintances who have never voted. Roughly 57% voted in the national election and the 2008 weiner in a "landslide" took 54% to %46.

Make ID mandatory, WTF not.

Lets use surveillance cameras to document the number of folks who go through the door at the inner city precincts, better not have more votes than that be generated.

Dems feel they are above the law, it's merely in their way, look at Bammy scolding the Supreme Court Justices, makes me want to puke.

Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity.
Thor Heyerdahl
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (AKislander, 300_savage, 69sportfury, 17CalFan, Alan_C, 8 invisible), 1,574 guests, and 891 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,574
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.