-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wonder why the 60csx is more expensive than the 62S?

GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by ckr
Garmin map 60 csx - PERIOD. Most user friendly, best customer support (you actually get to talk to an english speaking U.S. resident who is looking at and pushing buttons on the same device you have in your hand). Garmin is generally steps ahead of the rest in the consumer GPS market. Had and used the older map 60's at work daily (and play whenever needed) for about 5 years with zero problems. Just upgraded to the new 60csx's and couldn't be happier.

+1 Upgraded from my old Magelan Sportrax; tooks sometime to get use to it but I really like it now.

Ted
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Fishinado
I'd like to buy a new handheld GPS, wondering what suggestions are out there.

I started with a Magellan Pioneer, went to a 12, Then To a Garmin Etrex something or another that had maps and all. I gave it to my daughter the engineer. She likes it.

I went to an Etrex-H. Very basic, quick acquisition. I actually have two.

I did buy a Foretrex 401 for the light weight and 3AAA batteries, electronic compass and so forth. We are still getting used to one another though...

I keep thinking I need one with mapps but I hunt pretty familiar territory most years.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have the Oregon 450 and just upgraded to the Montana 650. I have it loaded with land ownership map and hunting districts. Well worth their weight in gold. It is as important to me as gun and knife when Im hunting.

Mule Deer, "Yeah, real men don't flinch, especially gun writers!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not up to date on the current crop of GPS but ...

Garmin is my go to choice in electronics. I've owned a Garmin FF and two GPS's and have been totally happy with their products.

Their customer service and warranty/repair dept is outstanding. They service what they sell.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Boykin
I have the Oregon 450 and just upgraded to the Montana 650. I have it loaded with land ownership map and hunting districts. Well worth their weight in gold. It is as important to me as gun and knife when Im hunting.

Land ownership and hunting district maps sound like valuable information to have, particularly when hunting in large and unfamiliar territory. Thanks for that info. I use my Etrex as insurance to find the truck and save steps after dark when hunting game or mushrooms. The above mentioned features would be invaluable for we flatlanders traveling west for a DIY hunt.

Speaking of mushrooms, the record hi temps got me thinking the black might be popping up (in March!?) but we haven't found any yet. You start seeing dandelions in yards when the blacks come up but haven't seen any of those yet either. Usually the whites come up after the blacks when the apple trees blossom. I've seen plenty of apple blossoms but no whites. Two weeks ago it was 87 deg in Grand Rapids, MI. That's the earliest ever for that temp. The previous day it first hit 87 was April 26, 1915! We set all kinds of hitemp records this month.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Folks are finding blacks, yellows, and even a few grays already in Central Indiana. I'll be out looking for some this weekend.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Just wondering, does anyone use the Google Earth app on their iphones?

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Look at the features you want and compare products. Then read reviews. My first GPS was a Garmin 60C. It would lose signal easily int the woods with the leaves on. I have a Garmin Etrex HC and it works great for me just like the reviews said.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
So I ended up going with the Oregon 550T which is on sale at Cabelas for $350.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 1941USMC, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,885
Posts18,518,254
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.