-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
First thing that popped into my mind as well ET.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Always a shame that some low life can end someones life and cause others to be widow and orphans.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ugh! This sucks....

Prayers for his family and fellow officers. It's gotta be rough to get back out on the street immediately following something like this...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sad news, prayers for the family. RIP..

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I guess we can expect to feed him three squares a day for the rest of his life.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope it's very short...like a shiv in the showers so he bleeds out right after he's arse raped.

RIP Brother.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prayer sent for the officer's family.

And a prayer of thanks for the guys at Wal-Mart. No doubt they saved some lives by acting when they did. For every one bad guy, there's lots of good ones walking around.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Prayer sent for the officer's family.

And a prayer of thanks for the guys at Wal-Mart. No doubt they saved some lives by acting when they did. For every one bad guy, there's lots of good ones walking around.

Good things to remember, for certain.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

+1

R.I.P., Brother.

Prayers for his family, blood & badge.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 340boy
Things like this make a guy think the LEOs shouldn't work alone. Have two guys working a 'beat' or whatever they call it?
That's just my 2 cents as I am not LE and don't know that much about it.

------------------------------------------------------------

Same here 340 -patrolling alone makes it too easy for someone to get the drop on a cop -much less when there are multiple people cops are dealing with.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Always a sad day when a LEO is slain by some dirt bag. May he rest in peace.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
RIP Brother!

Prayers for his family and the brothers he leaves behind.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Just looked at an update story from Austin. The Chief in a news conference said that the perp immediately engaged the officer when he arrived, and drew a pistol and shot the officer in the neck.

The story said that the entire event is on the stores' video system.

He AND WalMart admin praised the two employees who then engaged the bad guy, disarmed him, and took him down.

Here's the story; LINK

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Just watching the news clip.... engaged right away, bullet 1 stopped at vest, 2nd in neck. 3rd was fired at WM employees and missed them.

Prayers all around.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy
Things like this make a guy think the LEOs shouldn't work alone. Have two guys working a 'beat' or whatever they call it?
That's just my 2 cents as I am not LE and don't know that much about it.

I agree!! Doing the job they do shouldn't be done alone.

Our thoughts in my household are with the officer's family right now.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
Always a sad day when a LEO is slain by some dirt bag.

The news is reporting the suspect was a drunk asian man who worked as a software engineer at HP. Not a stereotypical cop killer.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Very sad my thoughts and prayers are with the family

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If anyone's interested...

The Greater Austin Crime Commission has set up an account to accept donations for those wanting to help the family with immediate financial needs.

For information on making an on-line donation, visit www.100clubcentex.com or www.austincrime.com.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

AUSTIN -- From yellow ribbons tied around trees at APD's Lamplight Village substation in North Austin, to flowers and flags flown at half staff at both city hall and APD headquarters. All were done to honor and remember 40 year old Jamie Padron. The senior police officer was killed in the line of duty early Friday morning.
"He was quick to smile," said Art Acevedo, Austin's Police Chief.
Friday afternoon, Acevedo remembered Padron fondly.
"He was a guy that I do not remember ever hearing a cross word from him," he said. "We hear a lot of complaints some time, and this is a guy that he never had a bad day."
Later, Acevedo's emotions got the best of him as he remembered the 10 and 6 year old daughters Padron leaves behind, and what one of them whispered to him as Acevedo was about to tell Padron's parents their son had been killed.
"Please tell my grandparents that my dad is a good man," said Acevedo as he held back tears. "We are going to make sure they know that. He gave his life. They gave their father, and we are going to do whatever it takes.
Padron was a U.S. Marine Corps veteran who had served in Operations Desert Storm and Desert Shield. He'd been with the Austin Police Department for three years, but the bulk of his police experience came in San Angelo where he served for 14 years.
Former Austin Police Association President Mike Sheffield says officers in San Angelo often told him Padron made their department better.
"I look forward to being able to someday say that Austin was a better police department for him having worked here," he said.
Chief Acevedo says funeral arrangements for Padron have not yet been made. LINK

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
tough go prayers for the family .

my SIL is LEO hope it never happens to him

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

461 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 39 invisible), 2,313 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,723
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.