Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 897 of 1,842 1 2 895 896 897 898 899 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Just finished snarfing down some ribs. I almost hurt myself on them, pretty easy to do with smoked/grilled pork.

I'm nearing the final stages of a room remodel. Hung the new door today and picked up the sheetrock yesterday.

Happy Easter to all!

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Happy birthday Bill!

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Happy Birthday Bill! I hope it was a good one.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Happy Birthday Bill.

Just getting caught up on the thread while I wait for the 2nd bottle of liquid plumr to hopefully take care of the clog in my tub drain. I don't know much about plumin', but it is not good when the tub don't drain and the toilet don't flush. And no I didn't plug the toilet. smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY,Bill.

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 04/08/12.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I spoke with dusty this morning. He called to say happy easter and to visit a little. He is done with his radiation treatment and he's actually been working a little this week.

Dusty asked that i help express his gratitude for all of the prayers and well wishes he's recieved from the campfire forums.

He says "i dont know how an old guy can have so many great friends from all over the world praying for him and saying such nice things."

He says it has helped him a great deal, he told me the screen gets a little blurry from wet eyes when he's reading it all "but thats ok" he says, then laughs a little.

I want to thank you all as well. I jump on a lot of the prayer request stuff myself but you dont realize how meaningful it all is until you are on the recieving side.

Thanks very much everybody.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks be to God. Glad to see the flame of the 'Fire burning brightly in the hearts of our many great members who so willingly pray for others well being. Easter wishes to the whole Chickenbuck family, and all our members as we reflect on the resurrection of Christ.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't think uncle dusty knows how much he means to some of us!

Happy Easter to all. It's a great day here. Me and my bil sat in the boat and dram beer till dinner. smile

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone.

Dusty if we can help in any way just ask.

Muffy, good luck with the drain. I hate plumbing issues too.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Muffy, you could have a venting issue. I think we have one here too. The drains, drain slow, but there's nothing plugged in them...at least not in the house. shocked

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
Muffy, you could have a venting issue. I think we have one here too. The drains, drain slow, but there's nothing plugged in them...at least not in the house. shocked

Jim is coming back tomorrow to do some more work on it. I will mention the venting thing to him. What do you do about that? I'm totally plumber retarded.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mom, dad, and Brad just left a little bit ago. The parents brought supper. Thank you!!! It was very nice since I can't really cook anything till I get my fridge and stove on Thursday. I can't wait to get them so I can make them a nice home cooked meal. I guess I could have made them Swedish pancakes, I have a griddle. smile

Going to Sears tomorrow to see what they would charge to deliver the appliances. My friends said they would help, but they have already done so much for me. Plus the doors have to be taken off and the freezer drawer has to be taken out to fit in the door. Might be much easier that way, if they deliver.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If you bought the appliance from Sears, it's probably free. I'm not sure though. When we bought the appliances for the house we built, the furniture/appliance store delivered and installed them.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Muffy
Originally Posted by tzone

Jim is coming back tomorrow to do some more work on it. I will mention the venting thing to him. What do you do about that? I'm totally plumber retarded.

I'm not sure how it all works, I'm also plumbing retarded. I can hook up the drains and water lines but that's about it.

It has to do with getting the air out of your drains or the water (and other stuff sick) won't go down the drain.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T and Muffy, on windy days do you notice the water in your Toilet moving at all? If so your venting is fine.

It is somewhat rare for venting to be the cause of slow drains.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The purpose of the vent is to allow air into the drain system. The air entering from the roof is to prevent the flow of waste-water from siphoning the water out of the P-trap under the sink.

Are you losing the water (trap seal) from your P-traps? Are you getting any odor in the house?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Muffy, have someone get up on the roof and make sure the vent is clear. Birds have been known to make nests on vent pipes.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well I am back in the good ol' USA. God Bless America. I didn't think much of the part of Europe that I saw. Lots of smokers, rude bikers (bicycles), tons of littering, not very good food and so very crowded. People everywhere and narrow streets make for an environment I dont like that much. Some do I guess, but not me.

I am so very glad that we have Stan's dog breed named properly, that was weighing heavy on my mind!

Ryan, take care out there, you only get on set of arms!

Muffy, are you sure Tzone didnt use your new bathroom? that would explain a lot actually.... grin

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Kenneth

Are you losing the water (trap seal) from your P-traps? Are you getting any odor in the house?

Actually, yes. When we wash clothes, ocaisionally the drain in the laundry room does emit an odor.

No problem with the toilets or kitchen sink though. Just the bathrooms.

Last edited by tzone; 04/09/12.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is no odor in the house. The local handy man went on the roof and he said the vent is fine. The landlord was here about 4 times today. Didn't do much. Poured acid down the tub drain twice. That didn't do the trick. After all that and a whole wasted day, he is finally going to call a plumber. Hope he can get here soon and get it taken care of. Sick of going to the laundry mat to go to the bathroom. Tonight I think I will use the lavitory at the local watering hole. laugh

Tom, when I bought the appliances they said it was not free delivery. But with all the help I have had, I don't want them to have to do that too. Plus with having to take the doors and freezer drawer off the fridge, let Sears worry about it. smile They can deliver on Saturday.

Page 897 of 1,842 1 2 895 896 897 898 899 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,961
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.