Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Haven't read any of the replies, just watched the video. Parking lot accidents are very often "no-fault", as in "everyone's fault". What I take away from this is my dismay with people who feel that it is of paramount importance to drive fast in a parking lot as though no one else is going to be moving in it. This often translates to driving on the public roadways as though being in the right absolves one of having to pay attention to what is going on around them.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
watch the video, fast forward to about the 1:25 mark. I am not going to say who is who because I want an honest opinion from you guys who should be at fault here.

I'm going with the white truck is at fault.

What about guns?When do we get guns?
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The suv was backing up when the biotch in the truck pulled in behind.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The van was in the road backing up and the truck did a right turn into it's path.

That means its the trucks fault. They shouldn't have turned when the van was backing up in the road.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Foxbat
This is why I back in or pull through when I park. Too many morons out there in parking lots like the idiot driving that white pickup.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
The first time I watched it, I said the van. But I watched it two more times. The truck is obviously travelling too fast for conditions, and cuts across behind the van, when the van is already exiting the spot, with its backup lights on.

I'm going 80% on the Truck, 20% on the van. Of course, it's going to be a piddly-ass property damage case, and the damage isn't going to be much more than the deductables

Murphy was an optimist.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the state has a contributory negligence law then each person would have to repair their own vehicle. The contributory law states, in layman's terms, that if either party is at fault to any degree then each is responsible for their own damages. Since it was in a parking lot the police usually won't fill out an accident report so you won't have the police report to fall back on.

There is also a law in Alabama that says, in effect, that whoever had the last opportunity to avoid the accident must do so. In this video the truck could have kept going and avoided it so he is culpable to some degree at least.

Disclaimer: I ain't a lawyer. Being an insurance agent was bad enough on my reputation. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did the van have proper handicap documentation.?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It is Bush's fault.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Minivan

You can shear a sheep many times.But you can only skin him once!
IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Longbob
It is Bush's fault.
You azzwhole, it's bammys alla way.
grin

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
its racist if you ask me, must of been some panzers involved.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The international banking cartel conspired with the insurance industry to make sure it's everyone's fault, so everyone pays.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bobby Petrino's fault

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It looks like some comparative negligence on the part of both drivers. The SUV continued back after the truck Stopped behind it, and the white truck Stopped so it could get hit. I think both were at fault.

Also, I bet the SUV was in the handicap parking spot to use it as a loading zone for the kids as they ran into the store, got what whey went for, then ran back out. I'll bet no handicapped driver was in the driver's seat.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Truck driver may or may not have been able to avoid the collision and prudently could have stopped and waited but by traffic law is probably "in the right". As he was already in the established lane of travel and going forward I believe he would have the right of way and that the van as the backing vehicle legally would have the responsibility to yield.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
White pick up is at fault. Cut the corner and failed to keep a proper lookout as he entered the lane of traffic.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't tell from the picture but was that truck a Cummins Dodge?
Might tell us a lot about your interest. grin

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tracks
I can't tell from the picture but was that truck a Cummins Dodge?
Might tell us a lot about your interest. grin

no not this time, I will finally confess and say it was my dad driving the silver GMC envoy, and yes he does have a handicapped placcard.

officially the cop that watched the video on scene said it was the trucks fault. insurance on both cars is state farm and they are saying 80% is on my dad 20% is on the truck and charging my dad with an accident. the more I watch it the actions of the truck do indeed look almost intentional, its something I hadn't thought about until you guys mentioned it here. looking at it some more my dad had 3 seconds from the time the truck first started the turn in which I personally think would be tuff to even have realized the truck turned in, till the moment of impact. thats not alot of time and I do think the trucks speed should be more of a factor.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 3,304 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,711
Posts18,534,893
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.