Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Severed Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I'm looking to get into and start a bowling pin shooting league/club in the area I live in. Any suggestions?

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't done a lot of it, but usually it's pretty much bring whatcha got.

You need a fairly gutsy handgun caliber (not 9mm), preferably semi-auto.

Semi-auto shotguns rule over pumps in this game.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

S
Severed Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I know the game, I need suggestions on how to get a league/club set up. Who should I talk with and get the word out. Plus I need to find a place to let us do it.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Severed

Suggest you contact Waders on this forum I know he shoot in a
league. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You are just going to have to contact clubs local to you.

They should be amenable, bowling pins shoots are one of the top 2 money makers for my club.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B2

S
Severed Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Just emailed the local private range asking if they would be interested in having it there. Now to just wait and hear what they have to say. Just wish I was a member there.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Severed
I'm looking to get into and start a bowling pin shooting league/club in the area I live in. Any suggestions?

Heres a link to how it works, its a blast to do. Spectator type sport. Family friendly if ya set it up right.
http://www.handloads.com/articles/default.asp?id=13

Good Luck

Swifty

Swifty
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I used to shoot a lot of them when I was first married 25 years ago. It is a fun shooting game, and I do pretty well at speed type events.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Severed
Just emailed the local private range asking if they would be interested in having it there. Now to just wait and hear what they have to say. Just wish I was a member there.

Pretty dang easy to join most clubs. They usually gladly take your money for becoming a member....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Once I was shooting the pins with a .45 Colt SAA using factory 255 grain lead bullets. The timer was standing to my left. On one shot, I thought I saw a flicker of something fly past and behind me. When I was done the guy handed me a mangled bullet and said, "Here, you shot me." the bullet had ricocheted off the bowling pin and hit his jacket. I was very alarmed but he said not to worry, it happened all the time.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where can one find old bowling pins to shoot?

Note to self: check eBay first......

Last edited by Triggernosis; 07/01/12.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
saw some on Ebay, but shipping was horrendous......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Where can one find old bowling pins to shoot?

Note to self: check eBay first......

Local bowling alley. They change out the pins every so often. Going rate is 30 to 40 bucks for box of 10. Go in leave your name and see what happens.

Swifty

Swifty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How many hits will they take?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A Whole bunch. They will get so heavy, it will take a dirct hit from a magnum pistol twice to get it off the table.

Swifty

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i would suggest your local bowling alley for pins, however you need to be sure you are getting the plastic coated wood pins, and not the "twister" pins that are solid plastic and blow apart when hit with shotgun...

ask me how i know... crazy

the other thing is, when our local alley is finished with their used pins, they frequently throw them out. when they replaced all of the pins in the alley, there were around 4,000 old pins out back for a month with a big "free" sign on them.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Swifty52
A Whole bunch. They will get so heavy, it will take a dirct hit from a magnum pistol twice to get it off the table.

Swifty

Thats what the lousy shots tell you..... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Swifty

Thats what the lousy shots tell you..... wink

WOW, Guess I had better learn how to phrase things so my secrets wont get out laugh

Swifty

Swifty
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Once I was shooting the pins with a .45 Colt SAA using factory 255 grain lead bullets. The timer was standing to my left. On one shot, I thought I saw a flicker of something fly past and behind me. When I was done the guy handed me a mangled bullet and said, "Here, you shot me." the bullet had ricocheted off the bowling pin and hit his jacket. I was very alarmed but he said not to worry, it happened all the time.

We had the same happen when I shot pins too many years ago... our theory is it was not richochet, but simply a slow 45 bullet that hit the pin off center and the pin was spinning around 180 as the bullet exited. Only reason a brand new pin never shot before in the above instance would have an offcenter hit, and an entry and exit hole...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I shot bowling pins in college. You had to use a revolver or only load 6 shots to a mag. You had to change mags. My friend had a .45 revolver and used a loader that held 2 half moon clips. That was the slick rig to have. I used a S&W model 629 Classic .44 mag. Neither of us had a problem knocking down pins. I used 240 grain Carrol bullets and unique powder. Nothing special. It was fun.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

156 members (3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, 450yukon, 264mag, 19 invisible), 1,969 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,889
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.